Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Appeal.................

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
And the two are exclusive how....?

They are neither inclusive or exclusive. IMO theres nothing wrong with wishing the guy well, it will at least do no harm. You could do this without making cheap shots that youve lifted out of the Gaurdian. Possibly Spurious is the right word here. Regardless, I see nothing wrong hosting mental health issues on Community football Forums, about 6,000 at Falmer on Saturday will go nuts at some point. For most tempoary.

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
They are neither inclusive or exclusive. IMO theres nothing wrong with wishing the guy well, it will at least do no harm. You could do this without making cheap shots that youve lifted out of the Gaurdian. Possibly Spurious is the right word here. Regardless, I see nothing wrong hosting mental health issues on Community football Forums, about 6,000 at Falmer on Saturday will go nuts at some point. For most tempoary.

Whats the cheap shots from the guardian? Is it the whole issue of actually speaking with emotion that is making you so uncomfortable?sorry-dont get your meaning-christ-you'll be calling me a social worker next!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Whats the cheap shots from the guardian? Is it the whole issue of actually speaking with emotion that is making you so uncomfortable?sorry-dont get your meaning-christ-you'll be calling me a social worker next!

Dear Mr Social Worker,

If you knew anything about mental health problems you would no that most are unaware that someone has a problem, sometimes they dont realise it themselves,

If someones blubbing because their team lost on Saturday then Man-up would be fine, if they are out on the window ledge then not. I would say in most cases it would be hard to tell someones mental state from their emotional state.

Oh I'm quite comfortable, both with the use of the word Man and holding debates, is the fact you have started projecting a sign that you are uncomfortable?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
See CR the world is in equilibrium NSC manages a few pages of support and empathy then descends into unnecessary bickering.

I may not be a mental health professional but I hope you find your way past the demons and the darkness and into the bright bright sunshine.

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
See CR the world is in equilibrium NSC manages a few pages of support and empathy then descends into unnecessary bickering.

I may not be a mental health professional but I hope you find your way past the demons and the darkness and into the bright bright sunshine.
:thumbsup:Absolutely agree...have just suggested to continue if required on pm as it is neither necessary or appropriate to devalue the amazing thread that has been continuing...i just really dont appreciate the attitude from some to support offered.
Its not banter,its just not necessary.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I was looking back on the last five years or so and thought I would put my feelings and thoughts down on this thread. Maybe it will help someone, who knows?

I hope this doesn't come across as being gloating or a look at me. I don't have the answers to any questions, but I thought it might help.

For a long time, I suffered from depression. I guess I still do, but it is under control or under wraps for the time being.

For as long as I care to remember, I wanted to/craved to sleep. Being asleep, the worries were not necessarily there. Being asleep was the natural antidote. The hurt and pain subsides. There is no worrying to be done (save for the vivid dreams). Sadly, a factor of the depression, meant that I faced nights where I woke up in the early hours. Fractured sleep destroyed any sort of hope of sorting things out. Lying awake at 3am, praying for some sort of intervention to knock you out. The knock-on effect being that you were a zombie the following day, exacerbating things. Attempting to retain a cheery exterior, when you feel anything but, is a tiring experience. Lying is difficult.

The lowest of the low was when I found myself walking along the Thames. When I say walking along, I mean in it. I unwittingly waded into the river. It was only when my phone buzzed in my pocket that I realised where I was. A text message from my flatmate saying how worried she was and asking where I was. I came to and realised I was knee deep in the sewage of Londoners (more importantly, Crystal Palace fans!).

I don't know what snapped me out of it, but I finally came to realise that there was life beyond hating life and everything about it. I don't have a cure, but what I do have is experience of being on the edge and coming back from that. I found talking to someone that was not emotionally involved to be very inspiring. I gave up on the waiting lists and clinical world of the NHS (just my experience - not suggesting that is the same for everyone).

In the space of two years, I have gone from wanting to end things to embracing life and all that it beholds. What I want to say is that there is help out there. Whenever the situation looks to be a lose/lose, you are not looking in the right place.

The only advice I can offer is to persevere. Don't give up. Life is precious. If I had followed through with my deathly wishes, then I would have missed out on a lot of fun (and catching up).

Next time one grumbles about being delayed by a train jumper. Spare a thought for the person that jumped. It is a selfish act, but that person is CLEARLY not thinking straight. The repercussions do not come into the reckoning. The ramifications of a deep illness are not selfish.

As previously said, I am by no means an expert, but if you ever feel like getting in touch, then I am here.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
B of F , you gave me some sound advice a few months back when i posted an issue which was really bothering me and you seem like a really top bloke.

You speak a lot of sense about embracing life and looking at things from another perspective. Stay strong x

Sep 28, 2011
As someone who struggles severely with depression, threads like this hit me quite hard.
We may be fierce rivals, but some things do just pale into insignificance. Obviously don't know people on here, being Palace, but all I can say to anyone who has these feelings, things will come good, just stay strong.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
suffered with it for years lost every thing at one point, house and my son, i now get to see my son and have him to stay and have meet a wonderful lady who i love to bit, but i still think daily about ending it, i had so much evil happen to me i am struggling to live with it these past few days thought i turned a corner but not to sure.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I was looking back on the last five years or so and thought I would put my feelings and thoughts down on this thread. Maybe it will help someone, who knows?

I hope this doesn't come across as being gloating or a look at me. I don't have the answers to any questions, but I thought it might help.

For a long time, I suffered from depression. I guess I still do, but it is under control or under wraps for the time being.

For as long as I care to remember, I wanted to/craved to sleep. Being asleep, the worries were not necessarily there. Being asleep was the natural antidote. The hurt and pain subsides. There is no worrying to be done (save for the vivid dreams). Sadly, a factor of the depression, meant that I faced nights where I woke up in the early hours. Fractured sleep destroyed any sort of hope of sorting things out. Lying awake at 3am, praying for some sort of intervention to knock you out. The knock-on effect being that you were a zombie the following day, exacerbating things. Attempting to retain a cheery exterior, when you feel anything but, is a tiring experience. Lying is difficult.

The lowest of the low was when I found myself walking along the Thames. When I say walking along, I mean in it. I unwittingly waded into the river. It was only when my phone buzzed in my pocket that I realised where I was. A text message from my flatmate saying how worried she was and asking where I was. I came to and realised I was knee deep in the sewage of Londoners (more importantly, Crystal Palace fans!).

I don't know what snapped me out of it, but I finally came to realise that there was life beyond hating life and everything about it. I don't have a cure, but what I do have is experience of being on the edge and coming back from that. I found talking to someone that was not emotionally involved to be very inspiring. I gave up on the waiting lists and clinical world of the NHS (just my experience - not suggesting that is the same for everyone).

In the space of two years, I have gone from wanting to end things to embracing life and all that it beholds. What I want to say is that there is help out there. Whenever the situation looks to be a lose/lose, you are not looking in the right place.

The only advice I can offer is to persevere. Don't give up. Life is precious. If I had followed through with my deathly wishes, then I would have missed out on a lot of fun (and catching up).

Next time one grumbles about being delayed by a train jumper. Spare a thought for the person that jumped. It is a selfish act, but that person is CLEARLY not thinking straight. The repercussions do not come into the reckoning. The ramifications of a deep illness are not selfish.

As previously said, I am by no means an expert, but if you ever feel like getting in touch, then I am here.

Wise words B of F.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
As someone who struggles severely with depression, threads like this hit me quite hard.
We may be fierce rivals, but some things do just pale into insignificance. Obviously don't know people on here, being Palace, but all I can say to anyone who has these feelings, things will come good, just stay strong.

More wise words, keep sharing. Can happen to anyone.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
I wont go into mine to much as i feel it can be used against me on here.

But i suffered abuse by my birth mums partner after my father killed him self, i was abused for 6 years, broken bones, cuts bruises and suffocation attempts by my mums partner on me, i was placed into foster care and past about a bit, then my parents now wanted to adopt me, i have been ok here, but never really deal with the past, and it came to rear its ugly head, not long after i turned 18 a close family friend died from cancer he was only 24, he was my brothers best mate but he was great with me, it hit me really hard, about 3 weeks after that my Nan died and she was the closest family member i had and it broke me in two, about 4 weeks after that my house caught fire and i was rescued by the fire brigade, i then spent the next 5 weeks living in the Mariot Hotel while things were getting sorted, my adopted Mum stayed at the house to look after pets even though it was destroyed pretty much, i got really ill living at the hotel mentally its fun at first then its boring then its got bad, and in one night i tried to hang myself, i took paracetamol and i also found myself hanging of a bridge at 3am thankfully i then some how managed to get my self back over, im not sure how i managed that given when the paramedics turned up i didnt know who i was, i got back over the bridge a called 999 and they came straight away took me to the hospital and were very nice with me, had to drink charcoal which was awful, i then went on the pshyc ward, my adopted family begged me to be let out as they felt it would make me more ill and there requested was granted, but rules in place. Oddly nothing append for the next two years and felt good, i then meet my ex partner and we got on great, then sadly my best closet friend died from SADS (sudden adult death syndrome) that hit my like a bullet train, then a week later my son was born and was not well at all and in special care, i didnt know if i should be crying happy what emotion to feel. I managed to stay strong got baby home in the end and then i just broke down, every sense then every day has been hell, dont get me wrong i get good days. I have tried to kill myself over 12 times, the last time i lost contact with my son for 6 months and was a wake up call really, could see his child hood going the way mine did and didnt want to put that on him as i love that little fella more than anything on the planet, i have not attempted to kill myself for about 6months now, i think about it daily but i now have a wonderful new partner and had some lovely news that im going to be a Dad again, i am extremely nervous how i am going to react this time but i am ready to be a Dad now i dont think i was when my first son arrived, now i cant wait to hold my new child in my arms.

I have been diagnosed with a condition i dont believe it, but hey the Dr want to give a name for everything, i wont take medication for my mental health issues as in the past i have just seemed to kept trying to top myself so i thought they might be an issue.

I am now in the slow process of becoming a youth worker, im not sure im ready for work but im going to do it as a volunteer at first, i have always wanted to be say a policeman, paramedic always wanted to help people, i have so much love to give, i get told of for being to helpful sometimes.

I cant say how my life is going to span out im only 25 and have a serious mental health issue, but i tell ya what lads its going to be a good. Esp if the albion do well.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Gus is god, I can't begin to imagine what it must feel like to go through all that. Just remember that you can't take care of someone else unless you're first taking care of yourself. Wish you all the best in the world.

suffered with it for years lost every thing at one point, house and my son, i now get to see my son and have him to stay and have meet a wonderful lady who i love to bit, but i still think daily about ending it, i had so much evil happen to me i am struggling to live with it these past few days thought i turned a corner but not to sure.
Once you know that there is a corner, you know you can reach it. Keep walking.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I have been diagnosed with a condition i dont believe it, but hey the Dr want to give a name for everything, i wont take medication for my mental health issues as in the past i have just seemed to kept trying to top myself so i thought they might be an issue.

I am now in the slow process of becoming a youth worker, im not sure im ready for work but im going to do it as a volunteer at first, i have always wanted to be say a policeman, paramedic always wanted to help people, i have so much love to give, i get told of for being to helpful sometimes.

I've been taking Fluoxetine for the last 5 years, and can't tell you how much it's helped me. Coupled with doing volunteer work for the community and eventually landing a job supporting people with learning disabilities, I can't tell you how much happier I was than when I was 18. Although I can't quite match what you've been through, I can totally relate with what you're feeling mate.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I wont go into mine to much as i feel it can be used against me on here.

But i suffered abuse by my birth mums partner after my father killed him self, i was abused for 6 years, broken bones, cuts bruises and suffocation attempts by my mums partner on me, i was placed into foster care and past about a bit, then my parents now wanted to adopt me, i have been ok here, but never really deal with the past, and it came to rear its ugly head, not long after i turned 18 a close family friend died from cancer he was only 24, he was my brothers best mate but he was great with me, it hit me really hard, about 3 weeks after that my Nan died and she was the closest family member i had and it broke me in two, about 4 weeks after that my house caught fire and i was rescued by the fire brigade, i then spent the next 5 weeks living in the Mariot Hotel while things were getting sorted, my adopted Mum stayed at the house to look after pets even though it was destroyed pretty much, i got really ill living at the hotel mentally its fun at first then its boring then its got bad, and in one night i tried to hang myself, i took paracetamol and i also found myself hanging of a bridge at 3am thankfully i then some how managed to get my self back over, im not sure how i managed that given when the paramedics turned up i didnt know who i was, i got back over the bridge a called 999 and they came straight away took me to the hospital and were very nice with me, had to drink charcoal which was awful, i then went on the pshyc ward, my adopted family begged me to be let out as they felt it would make me more ill and there requested was granted, but rules in place. Oddly nothing append for the next two years and felt good, i then meet my ex partner and we got on great, then sadly my best closet friend died from SADS (sudden adult death syndrome) that hit my like a bullet train, then a week later my son was born and was not well at all and in special care, i didnt know if i should be crying happy what emotion to feel. I managed to stay strong got baby home in the end and then i just broke down, every sense then every day has been hell, dont get me wrong i get good days. I have tried to kill myself over 12 times, the last time i lost contact with my son for 6 months and was a wake up call really, could see his child hood going the way mine did and didnt want to put that on him as i love that little fella more than anything on the planet, i have not attempted to kill myself for about 6months now, i think about it daily but i now have a wonderful new partner and had some lovely news that im going to be a Dad again, i am extremely nervous how i am going to react this time but i am ready to be a Dad now i dont think i was when my first son arrived, now i cant wait to hold my new child in my arms.

I cant say how my life is going to span out im only 25 and have a serious mental health issue, but i tell ya what lads its going to be a good. Esp if the albion do well.

The very fact you're still breathing oxygen is an achievement. Keep going mate, you should be proud of yourself.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I know NSC is not here for this sort of thing but last night a fellow Albion fan tried but failed in a bid to take his own life.

CR if you are reading this tonight please get in touch with someone a mate will do just to let us know you are alright, no need to go home just a text or anything will do.

Life is full of shit, but things will turn please contact someone

I would also like to mention that we are blessed with one of the best Mental Health teams in the UK, I can't recommend them enough.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here