Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Appeal.................

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I dont know CR personally , but if you're reading this - start climbing the hill back to where you want to be , its a hard long slog but you get there eventually step by step even though it seems a long way up.

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
not sure of the point of this thread, to be honest. is a suicidal person likely to be viewing nsc...and reading a thread entitled 'appeal....'? ???

and all those people who are telling him/her to 'look at the championship table' and remember that 'things are about to get good' are merely confirming the fact that they no NOTHING about mental illness. honestly, if you're suicidal, what's the difference between being told that football should make your life complete and being told to pull yourself together?

the only worthy posts on this thread are the ones telling him/her to seek professional help.
Ummm.....no,sorry...that is factually incorrect and it does indeed show an understanding of mental illness.it is exactly the method employed in the ASIST practice.the concept here is to find the ambivalence that is always there when someone is suicidal...this provides the leverage with which to try and keep the individual engaged with life....so if the championship table is the thing that is the hook....is what works.
I would urge anyone with an interest to google ASIST...began in canada and is now recognised worldwide as a suicide intervention methodology.
Locally GRASSROOTS offer training-often free...

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
I suffer from border line personality disorder and some times find my self in the darkest deaths of hell.

People say think about the people you leave behind but imagin waking up every day wishing you were dead how hopeless and worthless you feel. People that say think about other people its all well and good but think about the person suffering with these
daemons.

I am pleased i didn't kill myself now as my life has changed. I still wake up now and then and wish i was not here but i tell ya what now them good days way out number the bad

Sussex has a amazing mental health service and i can put you in contact with some people.

The best bet is to open up straight away i bottled it up for years and it almost killed me. But now im learning to train to help people like myself

All the best mate you will get better.
Thankyou..:thumbsup:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I know it's not quite the same but I've been through depression before and sometimes the only thing that kept me going (it may sound silly) is wanting to reach Falmer. It's not easy at all but you need to talk to someone about it and think of the things you love doing, try and motivate yourself and think of all the people that will miss you because honestly it's really not worth giving up!

TJx

The WOMEN'S opinion!
Aug 19, 2011
Withdean
Just watched it, very good and its brighton too which seems to make it feel more REAL, if you know what i mean..

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I just wanna say to the original poster, if ya mate wants a chat and feels he cant speak to people he knows, i found it very difficult to call the samaritans at first mainly due to embarrassment more than anything else, but they were good to talk too, i will say they cant actually give you advise, they just listen, your best bet is to call the local mental health line, who if need be will talk you round, or put you in touch with the emergency care team.

If ya mate wants a chat with someone that has been there, and still goes there from time to time, then PM me i will give ya my number and he can call me, il be more than happy to try and help, im not qualified(yet) but i have been there and i am coming out the other side like others on here, and im sure we would all be more than happy to help someone in need out.

Hope ya mate is doing better today and is getting the help he needs, couldnt stop thinking about this thread all day.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Ummm.....no,sorry...that is factually incorrect and it does indeed show an understanding of mental illness.it is exactly the method employed in the ASIST practice.the concept here is to find the ambivalence that is always there when someone is suicidal...this provides the leverage with which to try and keep the individual engaged with life....so if the championship table is the thing that is the hook....is what works.
I would urge anyone with an interest to google ASIST...began in canada and is now recognised worldwide as a suicide intervention methodology.
Locally GRASSROOTS offer training-often free...

Umm no sorry. I think JB is right. As well-meaning as they are all those words about look at the championship etc are just platitudes and you yourself have finished your post with what JB has said was the correct thing to do - seek professional help.

Lush

Mods' Pet
not sure of the point of this thread, to be honest. is a suicidal person likely to be viewing nsc...and reading a thread entitled 'appeal....'? ???

and all those people who are telling him/her to 'look at the championship table' and remember that 'things are about to get good' are merely confirming the fact that they no NOTHING about mental illness. honestly, if you're suicidal, what's the difference between being told that football should make your life complete and being told to pull yourself together?

the only worthy posts on this thread are the ones telling him/her to seek professional help.

Is there any reason why you can't seek professional help AND talk to someone who's been through it?

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
Umm no sorry. I think JB is right. As well-meaning as they are all those words about look at the championship etc are just platitudes and you yourself have finished your post with what JB has said was the correct thing to do - seek professional help.

Ah...sorry you had to feel the need to take the piss-and if you read my post grassroots isnt about directly helping an individual thats suicidal-but training anyone who would be interested in how to reduce the risk of suicide.
And again-no,current suicidality research shows this is exactly what is needed and so the idea of finding the ambivalence-ie through hooking by chatting about football IS good practice.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hope all works itself out. Chin up :)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Let's not be too hard on people just wanting to offer help and support. Just because they are not professionals does not mean they have anything valid to add.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Ah...sorry you had to feel the need to take the piss-and if you read my post grassroots isnt about directly helping an individual thats suicidal-but training anyone who would be interested in how to reduce the risk of suicide.
And again-no,current suicidality research shows this is exactly what is needed and so the idea of finding the ambivalence-ie through hooking by chatting about football IS good practice.

Hang on. I'm not taking the piss out of anything. I have nothing but empathy for all of the kind words spoken here and wish the poor bloke a speedy recovery. I simply disagreed with you. I read your post and think you are contradicting yourself. I don't want to get into a heated debate on this thread as it would be crass but I would rather not have someone accuse me of taking the piss.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Is exactly the place to speak of suicide and mental health issues....if we all spoke about these things more readily then they would have far less power...the whole ethos of being told to 'man up' on here is so outdated-so,yes-EXACTLY the place to discuss it.

Agree but Man-up refers to emotional control not mental health.

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
Hang on. I'm not taking the piss out of anything. I have nothing but empathy for all of the kind words spoken here and wish the poor bloke a speedy recovery. I simply disagreed with you. I read your post and think you are contradicting yourself. I don't want to get into a heated debate on this thread as it would be crass but I would rather not have someone accuse me of taking the piss.
Then re-read your post.yes we disagreed and absolutely no problem.but by beginning your post as you did was to take the piss and actually disarmed your argument.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here