Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Appeal.................

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
feel for the guy,but a public football forum??

NSC is not an entirely football forum, is it?

At the mo, on the first page we have 2 seperate threads about the pies ( deservedly so imo :bowdown: ), athletics, tattoos, motor racing, and hopefully one with some totty on it.

So if this thread has helped the lad in question in any shape or form, it's worked.

I've been there, and some days revisit, so all the best to CR and his mates.

Mar 24, 2011
Is exactly the place to speak of suicide and mental health issues....if we all spoke about these things more readily then they would have far less power...the whole ethos of being told to 'man up' on here is so outdated-so,yes-EXACTLY the place to discuss it.

Exactly! Great post

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
NSC is not an entirely football forum, is it?

At the mo, on the first page we have 2 seperate threads about the pies ( deservedly so imo :bowdown: ), athletics, tattoos, motor racing, and hopefully one with some totty on it.

So if this thread has helped the lad in question in any shape or form, it's worked.

I've been there, and some days revisit, so all the best to CR and his mates.

If this were just a football forum I probably wouldn't subscribe. It is an community forum that hinges around the lives and being of a quite special football club and it's far spread fans. With 5000 or so subscribers it is the equivalent of a small town or large village and as such merits all manner of discussions and dialogue that one would expect from that sort of community.

TNBA

TTF

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
This thread is extraordinary! It is a testament to the emotional intelligence of the community that is NSC....
CR - this is yet another small but heartfelt contribution to say that you have unearthed the compassion and empathy of Albion fans, many of whom seem to have been where you have been or somewhere near.

Hang on in there mate; to use a very old (but true) cliche - the darkest hour is just before the dawn!

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
IM Sorry to use this forum like this, but the lad in question reads NSC, on Friday he jumped off the end of the pier in a bid to end his life.
Thanks to the bravery of others he was pulled from the water, Im very pleased to say we know he is safe, thank you for all the messages of support on here and to the couple of people that questioned the message, I didnt mean to offend you and realise that this not the place for such an appeal, but he is one of us, and in desperate times...........Thank you all

I don't think there is any need for an apology and as someone stated previously you were perfectly within your right to put your appeal on here - I am sure that everyone on here is happy to hear that CR is all ok and long may he continue to be. I hope he gets all the help and support he needs.

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
Is exactly the place to speak of suicide and mental health issues....if we all spoke about these things more readily then they would have far less power...the whole ethos of being told to 'man up' on here is so outdated-so,yes-EXACTLY the place to discuss it.
This.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Dear CR
Most of us on NSC don't know you, but we're all your friends. If you need us we'll be there for you.
Stay on the Gus bus friend...It's gonna be one hell of an exciting journey
Best Wishes
E C

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Great post. I suspect that most of us know someone who's suffered from depression and have suffered in silence. These things need to be aired in public.

Good thread too. I hope CR gets something out of it.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I suffer from border line personality disorder and some times find my self in the darkest deaths of hell.

People say think about the people you leave behind but imagin waking up every day wishing you were dead how hopeless and worthless you feel. People that say think about other people its all well and good but think about the person suffering with these daemons.

I am pleased i didn't kill myself now as my life has changed. I still wake up now and then and wish i was not here but i tell ya what now them good days way out number the bad.

Sussex has a amazing mental health service and i can put you in contact with some people.

The best bet is to open up straight away i bottled it up for years and it almost killed me. But now im learning to train to help people like myself.

All the best mate you will get better.

Last edited:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I suffer from border line personality disorder and some times find my self in the darkest deaths of hell.

People say think about the people you leave behind but imagine waking up every day wishing you were dead how hopeless and worthless you feel. People that say think about other people its all well and good but think about the person suffering with these daemons.

I am pleased i didn't kill myself now as my life has changed. I still wake up now and then and wish i was not here but i tell ya what now them good days way out number the bad.

Sussex has a amazing mental health service and i can put you in contact with some people.

The best bet is to open up straight away i bottled it up for years and it almost killed me. But now imagine learning to train to help people like myself.

All the best mate you will get better.

Great, brave post. All power to you mate.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
This thread is extraordinary! It is a testament to the emotional intelligence of the community that is NSC....
CR - this is yet another small but heartfelt contribution to say that you have unearthed the compassion and empathy of Albion fans, many of whom seem to have been where you have been or somewhere near.

Hang on in there mate; to use a very old (but true) cliche - the darkest hour is just before the dawn!

Love this-used this many a times in the past...

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
CR. I don't know you mate. But me, you, the people on this thread, on this board, in this town and others spread across the world all have one common bond, we all support this great club. Each one of us loves talking about footy, Brighton and a million other things and i am sure i speak for everyone in saying we can't wait for you to join us.

So pleased to hear your safe, hope you consider some of the offers on here and i look forward in you joining us in the Great Pie Debate of 2011.

Sergei.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
CR, I'm glad to hear you're ok. I can't begin to imagine what you're going through at the moment but hope you read this thread. Suicide is a complex issue; I've had to help a best friend get over losing his brother when he jumped in front of a train. We had no idea how bad things had got for him - he hated university up north and just wish he'd opened up to us shortly before his death, he put a brave face on but everyone that knew him feels tortured that we didn't help him.

Suicide can be a hostile act to people that may have hurt you and wanting to make them suffer. The strong likelihood is you'll never get a chance to know how much you will be missed and what effect it'll have on them. Sorry, I know this is getting a bit deep and emotional now. I've battled severe depression on and off for many years through drug dependency but couldn't leave behind my family and friends that love me and people DO LOVE YOU CR! I hope everything moves forward for you now mate. NSC brings people together and we look after our own. God bless.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
not sure of the point of this thread, to be honest. is a suicidal person likely to be viewing nsc...and reading a thread entitled 'appeal....'? ???

and all those people who are telling him/her to 'look at the championship table' and remember that 'things are about to get good' are merely confirming the fact that they no NOTHING about mental illness. honestly, if you're suicidal, what's the difference between being told that football should make your life complete and being told to pull yourself together?

the only worthy posts on this thread are the ones telling him/her to seek professional help.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
not sure of the point of this thread, to be honest. is a suicidal person likely to be viewing nsc...and reading a thread entitled 'appeal....'? ???

and all those people who are telling him/her to 'look at the championship table' and remember that 'things are about to get good' are merely confirming the fact that they no NOTHING about mental illness. honestly, if you're suicidal, what's the difference between being told that football should make your life complete and being told to pull yourself together?

the only worthy posts on this thread are the ones telling him/her to seek professional help.

And if you knew about suicide you would also know that MENTAL illness can also have NOTHING to do with it-

who knows the complex issues-

Was guilt a factor for an act against another,that caused someone to consider taking their own life?

Or

Is sheer peer group expectation too much?

Maybe

A life defining diagnosis was given by a doctor?

none to do with mental illness..

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
CR you are obviously in a bad place right now but the good times can come along when you least expect and turn it all around.

Contact your GP or the samaritans and get talking to help you through this dip, they are there to help don't suffer on your own. Best of luck and remember you are part of the best family out there, the Albion

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland

thats the point imo,profesionals yes,not people that have NO IDEA,what the fella is going through.
Hope he recovers from it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here