Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Appeal.................

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
feel for the guy,but a public football forum??

If he is likely to read it, why not ?. Been pretty low last few years, lots of big kicks , life can be brutal, never give up, you do not know what may happen for the good in the future. Just NEVER give up CR. Keep plugging on. You have Friends.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If he is likely to read it, why not ?. Been pretty low last few years, lots of big kicks , life can be brutal, never give up, you do not know what may happen for the good in the future. Just NEVER give up CR. Keep plugging on. You have Friends.

The key here-so easy to say,and so many factors to consider-we don't know and perhaps do not need to know the reasons/age etc-

A lot can be said for just talking to somebody,just as we all go to the toilet or blow our noses for a reason,so the very act of expression and getting your feelings out is KEY.

Good luck.

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
Is exactly the place to speak of suicide and mental health issues....if we all spoke about these things more readily then they would have far less power...the whole ethos of being told to 'man up' on here is so outdated-so,yes-EXACTLY the place to discuss it.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Even if CR isn't reading, would it be true to say that anyone in a bad place at the moment should know that these comments are also for them?

Yes, absolutely. I'm always amazed at the support NSC is capable of.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The important thing is to reach out to someone, anyone, current friends, old friends, but do what it takes to get through this.

An old friend of mine took his own life about a week after the Play-off Final at Cardiff. We'd been top mates, shared a flat, laughed and cried together, I was his best man, and at times we were inseperable. But pre-mobiles, facebook etc, it was so easy to lose tough with people, as we did when I moved away from Brighton in 1994. He was always someone I meant to get back in touch with, but simply never realised I was running out of time to do so.

Apparently he saw me in Cardiff and nearly came over to say "hello", but didn't. A week later he took his own life. I now know of his worries and woes that led to it, and while people tell me otherwise, I can't help but think that if only he had come over and tapped me on the shoulder in Cardiff, we'd have slotted straight back to where we were years previously. We'd have met up properly, got talking, he'd have opened up to me, and I could have helped.

Maybe I could have helped, maybe I couldn't but I wish with all I have that he would have only come over, and given me a chance to help him. Despite not having seen him for years, I miss him terribly, and I he can't have ever realised that when he took his own life. If I feel like this, I can only begin to imagine how hard it must be for his family.

Please CR, turn to someone, anyone, let them in, and tell them how you feel. You'll be amazed at how much people around you are prepared to do to help.

Jun 22, 2011
IM Sorry to use this forum like this, but the lad in question reads NSC, on Friday he jumped off the end of the pier in a bid to end his life.
Thanks to the bravery of others he was pulled from the water, Im very pleased to say we know he is safe, thank you for all the messages of support on here and to the couple of people that questioned the message, I didnt mean to offend you and realise that this not the place for such an appeal, but he is one of us, and in desperate times...........Thank you all

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
There are a lot of concerned people sending you love & best wishes today CR. Hope you're reading this & can give someone a call, the same to anyone else who finds themselves in a similar situation.

Edit: Glad to hear he's safe - the above sentiments still apply!

Last edited:

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
IM Sorry to use this forum like this, but the lad in question reads NSC, on Friday he jumped off the end of the pier in a bid to end his life.
Thanks to the bravery of others he was pulled from the water, Im very pleased to say we know he is safe, thank you for all the messages of support on here and to the couple of people that questioned the message, I didnt mean to offend you and realise that this not the place for such an appeal, but he is one of us, and in desperate times...........Thank you all

Glad that he is safe...... best wishes go out to him and he's support team.

Having known a couple of people who had committed suicide, I have to add that the act sucks the spirit from all friends and relations and all who do not deserve to bear the feelings of loss in the wake.
It's something that ALWAYS has an alternative, always will have a better solution ultimately when one just keeps faith.

Lean on your friends, tell them - it's what they are there for.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I didnt mean to offend you and realise that this not the place for such an appeal, but he is one of us, and in desperate times...........Thank you all

NSC is exactly the place for such an appeal, hang in there CR. And don't be too hard on MoH either; there is a place for humour everwhere, even if it's not to 'your' taste - you never know, CR might even find it funny.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
CR, I too have been to that very dark place you are now in. Please please try and talk to somebody. You are loved and wanted and the world would be a poorer place without you. I don't know you, but if you read this and want to talk, PM me and I will talk to you on the phone or face to face, your choice. Football will be at the back of your mind at the moment, but look at all the replies from people who don't know you that care. It will get better I know as I have come through it. Talking and time will heal fella.

CR, stop and think about the devestation you will leave behind.

Family and friends will be destroyed, forever. I've seen first hand what is left behind and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Talk to friends and family, whatever you think is bad enough to end it all you are wrong, nothing is ever that bad.

The dead know only one thing, "it is better to be alive"

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
One of my friends killed himself and it was just terrible. Think of the people that you are leaving behind, and what it will do to them.

AzzaBHA

Apr 24, 2011
Withdean
C.R People Just want to know your safe mate... alot of people of NSC can help you there just a click away , people are always will to talk, you don't want to end something that can be amazing,
I Thought about it before.. I'm 16 and my mum died this year in a house fire.. when i was away on a school trip :( To talk to someone you don't know is great they don't know anything about you and they cant judge you
Let us know your safe mate

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I never know if this is a good thing to say? If you are already feeling worthless, will this help?

I've always wondered about that as well. I'm so pleased to hear the young chap is ok. I know myself I've struggled with various things over the years and when its at its worst, you tend to feel like you're the only person feeling it in the world. Completely alone and only concerned with getting away from the thing which is causing you that much grief.

So many people do commit suicide as they don't have friends / family / professional support to be able to cut throught the darkness and pull someone back to a place in which they can see that there can be a way forward. Seems this chap has a lot of friends who care and I sincerely hope they can get him to a better place together.

the munch

Jul 1, 2011

leave it out empire, if a football forum can help someone through dark times with support and encouragement...then it does not really matter whats posted really does it. Some people have a lot to offer, and C R is one of ours an albion fan who needs the morale of us all to pull himself together and be strong again. good luck to all connected with this guy, i hope he comes out the other side a btter man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here