Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Appeal.................

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I know that you can't snap out of it. But when i see the adverts of children starving to death it doesn't half make me feel like i should get a bloody grip and start enjoying what i've got.

Yes, you're right. Just like Robert Enke had everything. The money, the homes, the beautiful wife, the honour of playing for Germany as national goalkeeper. How selfish of him to throw himself under a train on a miserable wet November evening, leaving a suicide note to his family for the lonely torment he was going through and there was no other way out for him after his two-year old daughter died from a heart operation. He couldn't open up to his family, friends or teammates about how his suffering.

You really don't get it do you, DerbyGull? Depression has no logic whatsoever. It doesn't matter who you are. Some things will never be the same for people again regardless of wealth, fame or how popular they are but oh, Doctor DerbyGull thinks it's ok because there's millions starving to death in Africa.

Have you ever thought of becoming a counsellor?

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Yes, you're right. Just like Robert Enke had everything. The money, the homes, the beautiful wife, the honour of playing for Germany as national goalkeeper. How selfish of him to throw himself under a train on a miserable wet November evening, leaving a suicide note to his family for the lonely torment he was going through and there was no other way out for him after his two-year old daughter died from a heart operation. He couldn't open up to his family, friends or teammates about how his suffering.

You really don't get it do you, DerbyGull? Depression has no logic whatsoever. It doesn't matter who you are. Some things will never be the same for people again regardless of wealth, fame or how popular they are but oh, Doctor DerbyGull thinks it's ok because there's millions starving to death in Africa.

Come on let's not lower the tone of this thread and start taking pops at posters. I'm looking at from the mild depression perspective and i don't really have much understanding beyond that.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011

Thats a little harsh mate, there is such a stigma with depression people just dont understand it i dont think, i cry at the news sometimes today i did, i see that story about the family at the farm, kids trapped in the car which was on fire, managed to save one of them but sadly watched his 2 year old burn to death, i cried as i just could not understand what he and his partner must be feeling, but that does not help my depression, il still wake up tomorrow and feel awful, i wish i didnt as i actually have a pretty nice life now, but at the end of the day im ill i have something wrong in my head that i just cant control.

Its not peoples fault they dont understand what depressed people are feeling, there is just not enough info out there for people to really understand, i dont actually think Dr's really understand them selves as were all different, things that have worked on different people have not worked on me, but things that have worked on me might not work on the next person.

I read an interesting article on the bbc the other day about Ricky Hatton.

BBC Sport - Ricky Hatton considered suicide after defeat by Manny Pacquiao

the last line sums it up really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here