Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Appeal.................

I know NSC is not here for this sort of thing but last night a fellow Albion fan tried but failed in a bid to take his own life.

CR if you are reading this tonight please get in touch with someone a mate will do just to let us know you are alright, no need to go home just a text or anything will do.

Life is full of shit, but things will turn please contact someone

Not quite taking your own life is not a failure, when life gets turned around for the better.
Never, anyone, cement your life's destination with a moment of abject despair and hopelessness - there is always a way back out from that perspective. There are always people who are worse off .....and might appreciate something you can do positively, out of respect for their plight.

Death is not a haven from the many lows that life can find you in.
Pack up sadnesses and pains, and give your chances a try by staying in the game.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I will add lads while i dont want to be alive any more, there is not a chance im going to end it, i came to terms with these and have accepted that death is not the answer, i have said to my self that i will battle every day to beat this, its not going to be pretty at all im sure there are going to be tears, but i ant going to give up, im pretty sure in 7months time when my new child turns up my world will light up, i am nervous the stress will send me like last time, but i have a fantastic mental health team that will keep a very close eye on me.

I know i sound completely barmy lol, but i have never and i mean never laid a finger on anyone else apart from myself, if i did or felt i was going to i would lock myself up in seconds.

Once i was feeling so rough i took my self to hospital to self admit to the ward, and they wouldnt let me i was not a big enough risk to myself? the fact i was telling them if i didnt i was going to kill myself and had try to do so many previous times.

I would also like to say thanks to the PM's i received, sorry if i worried anyone last night, i was upset but only as i typed things and read them back and it made me realise f***ing hell, i was not going to self harm.

I can empathise with you, Gus is god.

Being diagnosed with diabetes recently wasn't a big surprise. After all I've felt like shit every other day and my energy levels were so low. It didn't really sink in to yesterday reading people's ways of coping with diabetes for the rest of their lives then BANG, I just broke down in tears to someone that works in my local bookies. Letting it all out felt so much better. I've suffered with severe depression for the last few years and always struggled with my emotions, the worst being anxiety and can't get myself off valium - completely hooked. I wake up in the morning and sometimes wish I hadn't, like you said in this thread. But there are so many people worse off in the world and feel guilty about wallowing in self-pity at times.

Hope you feel better soon mate. It's a long road but you'll get there. Keep fighting and focus on the positives. :thumbsup:

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Thousands worse of mate, i have another health issue aswell as my mental health issues my body just seems to pump out loads of adrenaline so i am constantly active, so i have to take Beta blockers, and diazepam to try and mellow me out a little, seems to have worked.

My team want to stick me back on the mental health meds, but they really really made me ill last time i mean very ill i was a zombie so i am not happy going back on them.

As you have said there are people far far worst of than me

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Thousands worse of mate, i have another health issue aswell as my mental health issues my body just seems to pump out loads of adrenaline so i am constantly active, so i have to take Beta blockers, and diazepam to try and mellow me out a little, seems to have worked.

My team want to stick me back on the mental health meds, but they really really made me ill last time i mean very ill i was a zombie so i am not happy going back on them.

As you have said there are people far far worst of than me

Stupid isn't it. We obey our emotions and it nearly kills us, but we've, got everything we need. Some people in the world are starving to death. So every depressive needs to slap themselves round the face when they wake up, and remind themselves, 'HEY PEOPLE ARE DIEING OF STARVATION FFS'. It will put things in perspective a bit more.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I can empathise with you, Gus is god.

Being diagnosed with diabetes recently wasn't a big surprise. After all I've felt like shit every other day and my energy levels were so low. It didn't really sink in to yesterday reading people's ways of coping with diabetes for the rest of their lives then BANG, I just broke down in tears to someone that works in my local bookies. Letting it all out felt so much better. I've suffered with severe depression for the last few years and always struggled with my emotions, the worst being anxiety and can't get myself off valium - completely hooked. I wake up in the morning and sometimes wish I hadn't, like you said in this thread. But there are so many people worse off in the world and feel guilty about wallowing in self-pity at times.

Hope you feel better soon mate. It's a long road but you'll get there. Keep fighting and focus on the positives. :thumbsup:

Let's hope that sorting out the blood sugar highs and lows will also help with the depression. Every cloud etc. All the very best with it Durlston.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
As someone who struggles severely with depression, threads like this hit me quite hard.
We may be fierce rivals, but some things do just pale into insignificance. Obviously don't know people on here, being Palace, but all I can say to anyone who has these feelings, things will come good, just stay strong.

This

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I wont go into mine to much as i feel it can be used against me on here.
If someone takes the piss of your problems on the board, report it and pm a mod, they should be given a few weeks off to think about it.

As someone who struggles severely with depression, threads like this hit me quite hard.
We may be fierce rivals, but some things do just pale into insignificance. Obviously don't know people on here, being Palace, but all I can say to anyone who has these feelings, things will come good, just stay strong.
What, you're Palace too? You kept that well hidden (I don't blame you).

So we have depressed Palace fans too. Well there's only one rule in the Appeal thread - what's said in the Appeal thread, stays in the Appeal thread.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Have love'd reading this thread. For the past few year's I have silently suffered depression. I can't explain the reason's as I have had a great life supported by a supporting family and good friends. In fact life has treated me very well but......... Depression is invisible. I can go 2-4 day's without sleeping a wink then only short naps after. I have taken all kind's of sleeping tablet's to no avail. I suffer from something called Cluster headache's. You probably have never heard of these, but in short they are nicknamed the suicide headache's. I have to often sleep attached to an oxygen mask. Think this is what started the lack of sleep, which then caused the depression. Anyway, I will get to the point. Depression is the Blind disease, sometime's you can't physically see if someone is depressed. From the outside they may look fine, but on the inside they are losing the will to go on. I have day's where I don't want to leave home, I don't want to talk to anyone, don't want to be here . Anyone from any walk of life can suffer it. Some people dismiss depression, but it IS a disease and can be fatal. Thread's like this just go to show that there is support there if you want it even from the most unlikely people (Holmsdale_lad) :) .

Last edited:

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
What, you're Palace too? You kept that well hidden (I don't blame you).

So we have depressed Palace fans too. Well there's only one rule in the Appeal thread - what's said in the Appeal thread, stays in the Appeal thread.[/QUOTE]

Keep your friends close, enemies even closer :)

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Have love'd reading this thread. For the past few year's I have silently suffered depression. I can't explain the reason's as I have had a great life supported by a supporting family and good friends. In fact life has treated me very well but......... Depression is invisible. I can go 2-4 day's without sleeping a wink then only short naps after. I have taken all kind's of sleeping tablet's to no avail. I suffer from something called Cluster headache's. You probably have never heard of these, but in short they are nicknamed the suicide headache's. I have to often sleep attached to an oxygen mask. Think this is what started the lack of sleep, which then caused the depression. Anyway, I will get to the point. Depression is the Blind disease, sometime's you can't physically see if someone is depressed. From the outside they may look fine, but on the inside they are losing the will to go on. I have day's where I don't want to leave home, I don't want to talk to anyone, don't want to be here . Anyone from any walk of life can suffer it. Some people dismiss depression, but it IS a disease and can be fatal. Thread's like this just go to show that there is support there if you want it even from the most unlikely people (Holmsdale_lad) :) .

To use a metaphor for depression. It's like you're in a prison, everyday you wake up and you're still in this prison. The thing is you have the key, if only you'd have the courage to use it.

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
Stupid isn't it. We obey our emotions and it nearly kills us, but we've, got everything we need. Some people in the world are starving to death. So every depressive needs to slap themselves round the face when they wake up, and remind themselves, 'HEY PEOPLE ARE DIEING OF STARVATION FFS'. It will put things in perspective a bit more.
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: oh my goodness....assume you are joking...?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

I am afraid it will not. Seriously depressed people are ill, they have a chemical inbalance, you can't snap out of having the flu or something, likewise you can't snap out of being seriously depressed, sure seeing starving kids in Africa will make a depressed person feel guilty but it will not change the way a depressed person thinks infact it will probably make them worse.

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
yeah 7.5mg so i cant take any more
Zopiclone works as a hypnotic-seems to have about a two-hour window where its good to try to relax and get to sleep...so take it when you are ready to settle...after this it can leave you feeling a bit wired and unable to settle-and can give the bizarre nightmares/waking night terrors...so can be a bit of a bugger if they dont work straight away..

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I am afraid it will not. Seriously depressed people are ill, they have a chemical inbalance, you can't snap out of having the flu or something, likewise you can't snap out of being seriously depressed, sure seeing starving kids in Africa will make a depressed person feel guilty but it will not change the way a depressed person thinks infact it will probably make them worse.

I know that you can't snap out of it. But when i see the adverts of children starving to death it doesn't half make me feel like i should get a bloody grip and start enjoying what i've got.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

The little black guy dancing with the white guy on 10 secs should cheer you all up :D

I dance like that ....................weddings,funerals,christenings, just a good thing they don't have any full length mirrors

There's no reason to "feel guilty" about starving kids in Africa. There is a reason why these things are happening - always something to do with politics and war. "Feeling guilty" is a bit of a cop-out that is available to people who prefer not to explore the politics or engage with the causes of mass starvation. Being depressed or not makes no difference to the degree of "guilt" that anyone should bear for situations that are, in fact, controllable.

Lush

Mods' Pet

I realise that this is in danger of sounding flippant, but Tuesday night gave me a tiny insight into how it must feel if you are depressed and someone tells you to cheer up and snap out of it. No matter how logical it might seem, it doesn't really work, does it?

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Saying snap out of it is one of the worst things ever to a depressive person, my adopted parents say it all the time, i love them to bits but they just dont get it not many people do unless you have been there and frankly i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.

I lost everything when i was ill, me and my ex decided together to part, as i just took one over dose to many, and i had a 2 year old son to think about his was at an age were he starts looking at things and thinking its the norm, i would not get out of bed for days, i didnt raise my son for the first 3 years, i gave him cuddles but that was about it, i never helped do anything i was a waste of space, i was speaking to my ex the other day, were very good friends and apparently she said i was never aggressive towards here but i shouted alot and was just not a nice person to be around, she got upset as she see what im doing now, like work on my new partners house and helping out cooking, cleaning etc..... and she feels that i didnt care about her, which is the exact opposite, i cared about her i still do, i feel awful she feels like that, as im not a nasty person, i have the time of day for every one, except one man who if i ever saw again i would happily kill him(i know its extreme but i would).

Depression is hell on earth and sadly there is no quick fix, i been diagnosed 3 different times, psychotic depression, bi polar and now borderline personality disorder. But there swaying back to bi polar again, tbh i dont want a name i just want to feel like a human being again not some waif and stray.

There is a song i love, its not a nice song but it explains alot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpRutX9B6NY

me and this chap Lester Allen actually email each other now.

This is a drug that i was on also which Lester and another young lady wrote a song about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IW1vpZI7b0&NR=1

I have to say if ya have not seen it watch the 3 part documentary called Goldies Band touched me ways you could never believe

Download Goldies_Band_-_By_Royal_Appointment_Episode_1_b0101mc3_default.SpotlandRules.mp4 for free on Filesonic.com
Download Goldies_Band_-_By_Royal_Appointment_Episode_2_b01090lf_default.BBCTV.INFO.mp4 for free on Filesonic.com
Download Goldies_Band_-_By_Royal_Appointment_Episode_3_b010flz3_default.BBCTV.INFO.mp4 for free on Filesonic.com

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here