Votes: 54 21.0%
  • Fence, I need to see the results of the autopsy

Votes: 24 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Ball boy milked it completely, Hazard was trying to kick the ball, a little toe poke. No way near assault. Then for the ball boy to brag over it all over twitter on how he milked it and tried to waste time makes me think Hazard should've kicked him a bit harder.

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
Ball boy milked it completely, Hazard was trying to kick the ball, a little toe poke. No way near assault. Then for the ball boy to brag over it all over twitter on how he milked it and tried to waste time makes me think Hazard should've kicked him a bit harder.

This!! and again.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Then for the ball boy to brag over it all over twitter on how he milked it and tried to waste time makes me think Hazard should've kicked him a bit harder.

When did he brag about it on twitter? He wrote something BEFORE the game about timewasting.

I assume, if we were against Chelsea in a semi final and defending a lead, if one of our ball boys did the same thing you would be wanting Hazard to kick him hard?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
So the ballboy was time wasting ......... big deal ( although I expect some repercussions for his club )

Professional football is blighted by players timewasting, its what they do and they and others within the game call it 'professionalism'.

So of course the Chelsea machine and its players will cry foul, but for me unless Hazard is consistent and he himself never timewastes, or next time when an opponent timewastes he goes over to them and kicks them up the backside, then I will find the whole incident quite funny.
e

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not really a "child" in anything other than the technical sense, is he?

His Twitter feed features numerous photos of him posing with his mates, swigging from cans of lager and cider and smoking, and plans for his forthcoming 18th birthday.

If he wants to be the big man then he needs to start acting like one, do the job he's employed to do, and stop embarrassing himself by rolling around like a spoiled footballer because somebody got annoyed that he was preventing the game from restarting.

Wouldn't have happened at Blackburn on Tuesday night, as I seem to recall most of their ballboys appeared to have lost the use of their legs each time the ball rolled towards them in the second half.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
you would be wanting Hazard to kick him hard?

*except he didn't...he just kicked the ball..watch the replays.

Hazard shouldn't have got involved, but neither should the lad have nicked the ball.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Haz reacted badly to what looks like a deliberate attempt at time wasting by the ball boy.

EH should have appealed to the referee first (and Raf should have appealed to the 4th official) rather than kick the little sh*t, but he got what he deserved ("he" being both of them!)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
*except he didn't...he just kicked the ball..watch the replays.

Hazard shouldn't have got involved, but neither should the lad have nicked the ball.

I agree with that. Hazard wasn't attempting to kick the boy. But OSR stated he would want the player to "kick HIM a bit harder".

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Wouldn't have happened at Blackburn on Tuesday night, as I seem to recall most of their ballboys appeared to have lost the use of their legs each time the ball rolled towards them in the second half.

I noticed that, and it's unfortunate that it probably happens at all grounds when the home team is winning 1-0. The main difference in last night's case was that, not only did the Ball Youth not bother retrieving the ball, he physically prevented Hazard from retrtieving it himself. Swansea should be embarrassed.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If I take your football, refuse to give it back and you kick me you WILL be arrested for assault.
After the arrest the victim will make a statement and the offender with give an interview.
Then, depending on both and the Police the case will proceed or not.
When you have millions of people witnessing the offense, and the captain of Swansea stating he got involved when "I saw him kick the lad" on live TV, appropriate action must be taken.
However, I would imagine (lol), this will be settled out of court, UNLESS a member of the public complains saying the incident put them in fear, so a breach of the peace has occurred but not sure if you could consider the grass outside of the pitch to be a public place.
Lets wait and see.

Out of interest, how are things in Cloud-Cuckoo Land? Did you have any snow?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

His Twitter feed features numerous photos of him posing with his mates, swigging from cans of lager and cider and smoking, and plans for his forthcoming 18th birthday.

If he wants to be the big man then he needs to start acting like one, do the job he's employed to do, and stop embarrassing himself by rolling around like a spoiled footballer because somebody got annoyed that he was preventing the game from restarting.

Don't be so horrible, edna. The poor wee lamb was evidently in great PAIN and appeared to be shedding TEARS!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Exactly they deserve each other .......

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
I thought the idea of a ball bay was to give the ball back......am I missing something?

He looked a right little sh*t (endorsed by his earlier tweet, #king of the time wasters!)
Although Hazard did wrong and should have shown restraint, that 17 year old kid shows all that is bad about the game.
He has obviously learned his feigned injury and aggrieved look from professional footballers.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
When did he brag about it on twitter? He wrote something BEFORE the game about timewasting.

I assume, if we were against Chelsea in a semi final and defending a lead, if one of our ball boys did the same thing you would be wanting Hazard to kick him hard?

Zzzzz. It's cheating no matter who it is.

Steve Gatting

Jan 23, 2013
he's lucky it was hazard
If it was Torres, he would’ve missed him! Cole would’ve shot him and Terry would’ve shagged his mother

So, as a club, Chelsea condone the physical assault of minors..

Guess the spirit of Rixy is alive and well down there!!!

More wronguns than the BBC in the 70s!!!

Shut them down before other children are molested and assaulted

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I thought the idea of a ball bay was to give the ball back......am I missing something?

He looked a right little sh*t (endorsed by his earlier tweet, #king of the time wasters!)
Although Hazard did wrong and should have shown restraint, that 17 year old kid shows all that is bad about the game.
He has obviously learned his feigned injury and aggrieved look from professional footballers.

this exactly
anyway no good asking me I don't like the welsh to start with

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here