• Team Ballboy

Votes: 54 21.0%
  • Fence, I need to see the results of the autopsy

Votes: 24 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Frig me, the ball boy was a homer, tis always the case. Yes he was messing around buy Hazard kicked him FFS.... I don't get this love in for a Chelsea player, is that where some of you lot went when you weren't Brighton fans? :lolol:

I've got no love for Chelsea, in fact the opposite. I'm pleased that Swansea are going to Wembley, but that doesn't change my mind about this incident.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Some really worrying reply's on here against a 17 year old ball boy.
slap_zps7f12c480.gif

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
The ball boy is the son of a Swasea Director.

I don't think that's true is it? Someone posted that on Twitter as a wind up I thought?

Not that it really matters, Hazard shouldn't have touched him and the ballboy would have only ended up wasting a couple of seconds (which considering Chelsea failed to score in 180 minutes) is hardly of much note. All ballboys do it, hardly a new thing.

Quite like the fact that a footballer got played at his own game (diving and time wasting), and got a red card as a result.

Im neither but it was a red card and ball boy is a twat.

It was a red card as if he did that to a player on the pitch it would be a red card no doubt same if its against the ball boy.

The ref would have added the time on ffs, Hazard was a complete tit as was the ball boy, 3 match ban and end off

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

It was a red card as if he did that to a player on the pitch it would be a red card no doubt same if its against the ball boy.

The ref would have added the time on ffs, Hazard was a complete tit as was the ball boy, 3 match ban and end off

Having just seen the video a minute ago, I agree with all of this.

The only thing in my mind (and this isn't to be seen as siding with "Team Hazard", is that Ballboy knew EXACTLY what he was doing, whilst Hazard was probably acting in the heat of the moment and not thinking properly when he made a (bigger) misjudgement on getting the ball back. What I'm trying to say (not very well) is that I don't think he meant to kick him (and we don't really know how hard it was, or how real those grimaces were), but ballboy deffo had a plan to stop the game carrying on (see his pre-game tweet for 'evidence').

Beyond that, I can barely contain my indifference on the whole charade. It was probably staged, as a part of the wider PR campaign that seems to surround football nowadays, anyway.

robynsdad

Jan 29, 2012
Some really worrying reply's on here against a 17 year old ball boy.
slap_zps7f12c480.gif

being 17 means it is more understandable if you act like an idiot, but not that your actions are exempt from any kind of judgement? Anyway - I thought Rafa Benitez summed up pretty well: 'we can discuss for as long as you want and will come to the same conclusion - they were both wrong'. Or something on those lines.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
If I take your football, refuse to give it back and you kick me you WILL be arrested for assault.
After the arrest the victim will make a statement and the offender with give an interview.
Then, depending on both and the Police the case will proceed or not.
When you have millions of people witnessing the offense, and the captain of Swansea stating he got involved when "I saw him kick the lad" on live TV, appropriate action must be taken.
However, I would imagine (lol), this will be settled out of court, UNLESS a member of the public complains saying the incident put them in fear, so a breach of the peace has occurred but not sure if you could consider the grass outside of the pitch to be a public place.
Lets wait and see.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

But that's just it: such a situation probably wouldn't have even resulted in a yellow card. The Ref would've seen it as six of one & halft a dozen of the other & restarted the game with a drop-ball. Handbags.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If I take your football, refuse to give it back and you kick me you WILL be arrested for assault.
After the arrest the victim will make a statement and the offender with give an interview.
Then, depending on both and the Police the case will proceed or not.
When you have millions of people witnessing the offense, and the captain of Swansea stating he got involved when "I saw him kick the lad" on live TV, appropriate action must be taken.
However, I would imagine (lol), this will be settled out of court, UNLESS a member of the public complains saying the incident put them in fear, so a breach of the peace has occurred but not sure if you could consider the grass outside of the pitch to be a public place.
Lets wait and see.

See post 54. The boy & his father are not pressing charges. I doubt he even has a bruise, as Hazard kicked the ball.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
being 17 means it is more understandable if you act like an idiot, but not that your actions are exempt from any kind of judgement? Anyway - I thought Rafa Benitez summed up pretty well: 'we can discuss for as long as you want and will come to the same conclusion - they were both wrong'. Or something on those lines.

Agree they were both wrong but when those judgments are suggesting acts of violence on a 17 year old teenager then there is something very worrying on here.

Last edited:

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
See post 54. The boy & his father are not pressing charges. I doubt he even has a bruise, as Hazard kicked the ball.

OK, didn't see that, but as I said it doesn't matter if they do not want to press charges, anyone can make a complaint if they were "Put in fear" at the time, but the law could have changed since I was involved last.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Summed up by others, but there is no side to take.

Ball boy was a twat.
Hazard did the wrong thing, certainly not violent (as he was clearly trying to poke the ball) but certainly a red card.
I think 99% of people have this view, just are writing it/wording in different ways

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I am neither 'team' as such, merely just disgusted at the ball boys actions. That doesn't put me team Hazard because I don't agree with him at all. However, personally, Hazard's red card should be over-turned, Swansea fined and the ball boy banned.

However I believe the media witch hunt has begun with the story being falsely potrayed. Hell even the BBC had the title 'Hazard sent off for kicking ball boy', which, quite frankly, is a horribly misleading way to lead the story. Can see Hazard getting a long ban (again, don't agree at all).

Hell, if Hazard IS going to be banned. It should be for feigning injury etc. But then so should the majority of other footballer's.

Agree absolutely.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
He wouldn't its violent conduct how ever you look at it.

Fact its there is a far bigger story to this than a ballboy V Hazard that is getting missed

So you've never seen a player smother the ball & another attempt to kick it out underneath him? How many times has it ever resulted in a card of any sort?? I'm buggered if I can remember one. ???

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Arrrrrrrrrggghhhhhh!

Double post innit. :annoyed:

Last edited:

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
Cheeky schoolboy just trying to winding up Hazard. He's a player who is paid £170k to win matches so he's desperate to get the ball back and carry on playing. I'd have done exactly the same thing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here