Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Navarro's Tweet

jamesp

Feb 23, 2011
Penrith Cumbria
Pretty pissed off if he's going to go and we have to put up with Dicker, no offence but he's been gash since his return and Navs has been pretty good for the majority of the season.
Been pretty happy too, but agree with others about looking for a different type of centre midfielder!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
this time last year he was offered the opportunity to get fit and prove himself and get a contract. He did that and got the deal. Now he's out of contract and its only fair that we give him the opportunity to see if there are any other deals that might interest him.

Do we not have to offer him at least the same deal that he was on - he then has to make a decision whether to take it or leave it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We were second best. They were by far the better team and, if they could score goals when they had the chance, would have won comfortably. We never even looked like we were going to score. We were simply dire.

Both teams were playing out the last game of the season with their thoughts on holidays in Spain and Portugal. They were never the better team over 90 minutes and a draw was the fairest result. I had to ask Russ if the decent attempt on goal was actually from Dicker because it was on target.

Dec 29, 2011
Pretty pissed off if he's going to go and we have to put up with Dicker, no offence but he's been gash since his return and Navs has been pretty good for the majority of the season.

Yep, Navs is a great player. It'd be a shame to see him go on a free.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Navarro has improved this season but is just too slow.I think the statement Gus said about better players are needed for Vicente to stay must have been directed at the likes of Navarro or it was a pointless thing to say.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
played ok / good in the last few games - never gets forward, never creates - amazing league one rock, or low/middle table championship player.

for where we desire to go, he is not required.......oh some of you are too sentimental. he made it clear he had "lots of options" the other day, so he showed no loyalty.

thanks, cheers, well played, move on navs.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We have 3 or 4 central midfielders who are not decent options in the championship, best described as squad players. My guess is he won't be a first team choice if we sign who we want and we won't need him unless we can offload some of the other squad players

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
My worry here is, that Navs finds a new club, a prem club come in for Bridcutt, leaving us to find another holding midfielder when Navs has shown he can do a job in that role in the Championship, costing us money to bring in a replacement which could have been spent on other areas of the team.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I like Navarro, good honest pro and I think in the second half of the season on the whole he has been more consistant than Bridcutt. However if the club want to move forward, then he is not the future. Will do a steady job for someone in this division or a bloody good job for someone in div 1. But he is never going to be a player that is going to get into a top six side and hold down a regular place. Thanks very much and all the best Alan.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
We have 3 or 4 central midfielders who are not decent options in the championship, best described as squad players. My guess is he won't be a first team choice if we sign who we want and we won't need him unless we can offload some of the other squad players

Indeed, the central midfield needs a bit of an overhaul, Bridcutt and JFC apart. Navarro may still be signed, I feel, at the end of the summer, but only if his wages are low enough, and if enough of the other central midfielders have moved on.

Feb 14, 2010
The current squad of players failed to get promotion. The club therefore wants to see if they can get in better players. The problem is?

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I fully expected Navarro to leave. Although im sure he will feel hard done by. A top pro, hope he finds a decent club. :thumbsup:

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
If we are looking to challenge for promotion next year with the view of going up, Gus will need some players that he can take into the premiership with him. You cannot release everyone in the squad and start again, so on that basis, who is good enough to make that step up. There are not that many in the squad at the moment and Dicker Sparrow, Navs etc certainly would not come into that bracket, so yes there are a lot of decisions to be made and hopefully new faces who can make the step up to come in. Having said that if Gus is happy to have another season of consolidation Navs and a few others would still do a job in the championship. Can't see Gus wanting to stay still though.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
As others have said, Navs is ok but we need better than ok to take us where we want to go, it's a harsh world in football and we need to step up a level if we want further success unfortunately Navs isn't at the level we need.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
It's funny in a way, cos when Nav sat in the whole in front if defence he was almost as good as Bridcutt but preferred to carry the ball forward or drill it to a striker's feet. Where as Bridders more often goes for a square ball and slows the game, which is better suited further up the field.
So I say if we'd swapped Nav and Bridders more this year, they both would've looked better.

Last edited:

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
We need players that can not just cope in this division but get us out of it. Players like Navarro will have to have their wages freed up for that.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If we want to seriously challenge for promotion and to unleash our attacking players we need to strengthen in the centre of the pitch. Navarro, Sparrow, Dicker and Harley are all, IMO, competent players at this level but we need more than that to progress. Two of those four will have to move on so we can bring in players to genuinely compete with Bridcutt for a starting position. As all four offer something slightly different which two leave will depend, I guess, on what type of player Gus is able to bring in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here