Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Navarro's Tweet

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
If we want to seriously challenge for promotion and to unleash our attacking players we need to strengthen in the centre of the pitch. Navarro, Sparrow, Dicker and Harley are all, IMO, competent players at this level but we need more than that to progress. Two of those four will have to move on so we can bring in players to genuinely compete with Bridcutt for a starting position. As all four offer something slightly different which two leave will depend, I guess, on what type of player Gus is able to bring in.

I was just about to post pretty much this.
We need Sparrow, Dicker and Navarro replaced if we want to challenge for automatics next season.
+ Harley has to go, obviously.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Ideally I'd'v liked to seen Nav get a one year contract and had the chance to improve over the summer and be better next year.
There is the chance that being 30 they think his game can't get better tho.
Real pitty! he was my favourite player this season, lots of character :-(

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Pretty pissed off if he's going to go and we have to put up with Dicker, no offence but he's been gash since his return and Navs has been pretty good for the majority of the season.

Out come the Dicker haters again... Give him a break he just got back from injury. He's a class player and deserves a full pre season before another crack at the Championship.

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
I understood the players were being interviewed over 3 days (tues, Wed, Thurs). Maybe Gus wants to keep him as a squad player but if Gus wants to get rid of some who are under contract and they dig their heels in and say they are not prepared to move he may end up letting Navs go for financial reasons.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I wonder where the word 'deserves' comes into the equation. I suppose you could argue that Brez played above his ability this season and deserves another chance....

There is no 'deserves' in football. I think there is nothing wrong with saying that Navs had a really good season this year but hes not in our plans for the future. Painful yes but the right decision. The only thing Id be concerned about is letting people go who can sustain our present position (e.g. Dicker and Navs) and then we cant replace them with anything better. Hence, I suggest, the uncertain summer.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Out come the Dicker haters again... Give him a break he just got back from injury. He's a class player and deserves a full pre season before another crack at the Championship.

Class? Definitely not. Vicente is class!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We didn't lose the game but gained an away point so not second best.

So from your point of view it is only the result that counts. Hardly the Gus way. Apart from the result, did you think us the equals of Forest up at their place?

As for Navarro, he is a solid, honest player but he is not the standard we need to progress. I agree that he has been better than Dicker and whilst I think both should go, as has been mentioned, Dicker is under contract still.

With regard to releasing players, the club don't have to officially tell players until the 12th May.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Pretty pissed off if he's going to go and we have to put up with Dicker, no offence but he's been gash since his return and Navs has been pretty good for the majority of the season.

Yep this. Out the two give me Nav any day.

A real turn around from the SALDE days and the 2-0 home defeat to CHarlton at Withers when Nav spent the whole game watching it pass him by or sat on his arse in the centre circle.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Hmm he wasnt really that great at the beginning of the season either. He led to Donnys opening goal for example and I lose count at how many times he "lost possession" i.e gave it away in the games prior to his broken leg.

In fact its fair to say that up until he did break his leg (unfortunate) WHU was his best game.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Looks like he is not hanging around then...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So from your point of view it is only the result that counts. Hardly the Gus way. Apart from the result, did you think us the equals of Forest up at their place?

As for Navarro, he is a solid, honest player but he is not the standard we need to progress. I agree that he has been better than Dicker and whilst I think both should go, as has been mentioned, Dicker is under contract still.

With regard to releasing players, the club don't have to officially tell players until the 12th May.

I comment on games that I have watched so can comment on what I thought of the Barnsley game but cannot comment on the Forest away game as I wasn't there.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

No one on here hates dicker none of us know him what a childish thing to say,most do agree that along wth Navs and painter he is not good enough for this division

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The tweet could also be interpreted as he might be offered a deal after those players put on the transfer list get offers and leave.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
No one on here hates dicker none of us know him what a childish thing to say,most do agree that along wth Navs and painter he is not good enough for this division

No one hates Dicker. Internet stasi cannot stop fans having their opinion as to who we want to see moved on.

Dicker, Painter & Ankergren, to name just 3, ARE NOT the future for top of Championship and PL campaigns.

Past injuries are an irrelevance. TB cannot also fund a benevolent fund of players being retained for sentimental reasons.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
f***ing joke. Nav has been constantly good this season and I'm gutted to see him leave. I wish him all the best wherever he heads to.

No, it's not a joke. He has played well for us this season, but he isn't good enough at this level if you are ambitious. Which we are. He has done more than enough to earn himself a contract at another club, there's no doubt about that. But we need to improve the quality in our midfield, and that means having players who are as comfortable with the ball at their feet and attacking, as they are out of posession when defending. Navarro is a fantastic defensive midfielder, but you need to be better all round at the top end of this league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here