Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Explain Yourself

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
First thing I thought of when I signed up. No significance other than the obvious. Would I change in hindsight? Probably, but to what? Something else that time would then show I might like to change.

Bit like my Christian name. Don't particularly like it but not a lot I can do about it now after 6 decades.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
There are quite a few unusual usernames on NSC, so I thought I would start a thread for people to explain why they have chosen their username (if they are happy to obviously).

The one that kicked this off for me was seeing Wellquickwoody all over the board - I'm guessing his surname might be Woody and he is (or was) rapid at running but could be wrong

Obviously some are easily solvable so no need to provide guidance (like mine :))
Mine came from motorcycles. Not that I was particularly faster than anyone else, usually. But just occasionally the road and weather conditions aligned and my confidence was heightened, and once in a blue moon I would leave my colleagues and friends in my dust. Around the time we used to rip the piss out of folk younger than us and their use of the word ‘well’. Well good, well sorted, well anything really. And so one Sunday once we had stopped for coffee, and talk turned to our escapades that morning, it was determined that my ride was as quick as it had ever been, and was therefore ‘well quick’. My surname has long led to the use of the nickname Woody. The fact that by combining both led to a double entendre made sure that the name stuck. I have since continued to use it online due to it being unique as far as I am aware.

Ooh, thats a weight off of my conscience!

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
There are quite a few unusual usernames on NSC, so I thought I would start a thread for people to explain why they have chosen their username (if they are happy to obviously).

The one that kicked this off for me was seeing Wellquickwoody all over the board - I'm guessing his surname might be Woody and he is (or was) rapid at running but could be wrong

Obviously some are easily solvable so no need to provide guidance (like mine :))
I always imagine him to be into very fast surf boards

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Used to be good at finding hard-to-find shit on the early internet using rubbish search engines like Alta Vista. Then Google arrived and enabled everyone to find stuff easily, rendering my superpower obsolete, but I've never been arsed to change the name to something more relevant...

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
IMG_2361.jpeg
It’s like looking in a mirror😂

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
I was originally Tubthumper, as the Chumbawumba song was popular at the time and it seemed to chime with me and the online persona I wanted to develop. I added the Teutonic twist when I first lived in the Fatherland back in 2007.
Have you seen 'I Get Knocked Down', the Dunstan Bruce documentary? I'd thoroughly recommend it. Lots of nice footage of Brighton too. Think it's on Netflix now.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Harry Wilson was an Albion player in the 70s. When I used to go to games with my dad, we stood on the East terrace. The old man picked on Wilson mercilessly. On the other hand I rather liked him, and I don't like bullying. I ended up watching games from the South stand and meeting up with the old man after the match. I could see him, up on the East terrace, in his red bobble hat, no doubt chuntering at HW.

So my user name is a nod to the great man, and his stoic indifference to the loan heckler.

Edit, oh and there is a nob gag in there as well. Never eschew a nob gag.
Harry had a great left foot. Many of our attacking moves started with his chipped passes forward. Not blessed with the greatest amount of pace if my memory serves me right.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Being a bit of a lightweight, I used to get embarrassingly drunk at Albion events. At the Centenary Dinner I made it to about 1975 before throwing up in the Brighton Centre loos. I also got very drunk at a fundraising/competition prize dinner at Donatellos with Mark McGhee. There are probably some other stories which I've conveniently forgotten (please don't remind me).

It also means good or attractive :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here