Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Explain Yourself

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I wish I had not chosen my name actually now, Psychobilly freakout is a song by the Rev Horton Heat back released back 1990 on Subpop label.
The Rev was one of the first American Psychobilly bands and was good back in the day, he is now still good but has leanings towards a certain Mr Trump, I hate politics in music and walked out at the last concert several years ago when he started rambling on.

Is it possible to change your pseudo name ?

I much prefer my facebook name Insel Affe
It's tough when this happens. Ariel Pink and John Maus are a couple of artists I like/liked, and have seen live...who both went Trump. Both were involved in the Capital Hill nonsense I believe.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I've always been into the rave scene since late 80's, acid house progressed to jungle techno, that split into happy hardcore, jungle, industrial techno etc, and I always found myself drawn to the harder styles so I developed a love for early gabber, hence the name.
Still love my hardcore/gabber, going to my last ever rave in November. It's going to be hard work.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cigar and pipe smoke and pissing against a wall with a sunken half drain pipe , god i miss those days
I used to stand right at the front and wear/carry a bright orange Cagoule, one of those crap nylon ones which were popular and folded backwards into the pocket on the chest. I used to get excited when the MotD cameras were there. These are my main memories.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've always been into the rave scene since late 80's, acid house progressed to jungle techno, that split into happy hardcore, jungle, industrial techno etc, and I always found myself drawn to the harder styles so I developed a love for early gabber, hence the name.
Still love my hardcore/gabber, going to my last ever rave in November. It's going to be hard work.
Why the last? I can probably guess but thought I'd ask.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
I was the only Albion fan working nights with loads of Pompey fans. When I had finished my job of unloading delivery lorries through the night I would help those on the shop floor by putting out salad packs ready for sale. Whenever I came in from the yard to do this the Pompey fans would say "Here comes the Saladpack Seagull!"

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
From the Greek meaning standing or set. It's definitely not a misspelling based on my first post being a stats one. What am I? An idiot who can't spall? How dare you. You'll be saying next that my misspelling meant that I never noticed that there was already a user with the name spelled correctly. Bozza told me that he could change it if I wanted, but it's probably healthy to have a constant reminder of your fallibility and my wife can't do the job 24-7.

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
From my favourite film:
We’re changing fighters, you won’t know him but he’s mustard.
Mustard? I don’t care if he’s Muhammad, I’m hard Bruce Lee. You can’t change fighters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here