Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Explain Yourself

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Ha ha. I know the feeling. Which rave is it? Who's playing?
1000011454.png

Unfortunately Randall died a few weeks ago, not sure who is taking his place and still don't know who the special guest is.
I'm hoping it will be a cracking event.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm from a Welsh family and Gwylan is Welsh for seagull.

Simples (as I believe the young folk say)
I knew it was Welsh for seagull, but I've always wondered how you pronounce it? Is it Gw-eye-lan? (Which is how I always say it to myself when I see it).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
View attachment 189622

Unfortunately Randall died a few weeks ago, not sure who is taking his place and still don't know who the special guest is.
That's proper old skool. I saw the tributes to Randall, sad.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Wasn’t it “what‘s The recipe today, Jim?” But Raymondo was definitely in there as well. Quite shocked to realise I am aware of what Jimmy Young was doing in the 1970s!
Asfor me, my name is not Archibald and I don’t live anywhere near Leeds. I’m not actually in Southampton, either, but fairly close…..
Yeah, quite possibly I got it wrong 🤦🏼‍♂️...it was a while ago 🤣

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Contrary to the obvious, mine is nothing to do with a Cornish based food item.

It rhymes with “hasty” and was a nickname bestowed on me in the early 90’s due to my aversion to sunshine 😂

It was originally Captain Pasty but I became known just as Pasty and many friends still call me by that nickname to this day.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
View attachment 189622

Nice! I'm 42 and just getting back into raving after 10 years off bringing up kids.

Some learnings so far:
- Try to go only to events that finish before 11
- Don't go to more than 1 a month (and DEFINITELY NOT 2 in 3 days as happened to me at the weekend)
- Stick mainly to booze(!)
- Try new stuff, there's some amazing new producers out there recreating the 90s vibe

Ps hope you have fun and decide it's not your last!

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Vintage Albion fans will fondly remember that Fred Binney wasn’t exactly the Lionel Messi of his day.

He was a striker with the turning circle of an oil tanker, A man that would struggle to bring the ball under control in less than 90 minutes, and who appeared to be incapable of getting his considerable girth to rise above the ground.

He was completely and utterly lethal from 18 inches, brave, sturdy as a bull, and struck me as being almost as intelligent.

My user name is a small tribute to an Albion legend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here