Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Explain Yourself

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
From the Greek meaning standing or set. It's definitely not a misspelling based on my first post being a stats one. What am I? An idiot who can't spall? How dare you. You'll be saying next that my misspelling meant that I never noticed that there was already a user with the name spelled correctly. Bozza told me that he could change it if I wanted, but it's probably healthy to have a constant reminder of your fallibility and my wife can't do the job 24-7.
I reckon my wife can.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Harry Wilson was an Albion player in the 70s. When I used to go to games with my dad, we stood on the East terrace. The old man picked on Wilson mercilessly. On the other hand I rather liked him, and I don't like bullying. I ended up watching games from the South stand and meeting up with the old man after the match. I could see him, up on the East terrace, in his red bobble hat, no doubt chuntering at HW.

So my user name is a nod to the great man, and his stoic indifference to the loan heckler.

Edit, oh and there is a nob gag in there as well. Never eschew a nob gag.
My then wife and I used to rather like Harry Wilson. Signed from Burnley, he had a fine left peg.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I am more balding than bald, but I was using a site that had a lot of Americans using the American Bald Eagle as their Avatar, and had names like Bald Eagle 83, so I stuck a seagull on mine and called myself Bald Seagull, and used here when I forgot my old username and login.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Went often to Withdean, couldn’t spell kookaburra, kangaroo or koala.

More pertinent to me is the Useful Men. From GOSBTS, obviously, but a nod to my late dad who was an Ayr United supporter, the Honest Men. He took me to the Goldstone and thence 67 years of following the Albion.

Back around 2003 when I started my first office job, working with another Brighton fan I started lurking on North Stand Chat and North Stand Polls. Then bought a Mac for home and spent more time on the forums in the evenings.

Eventually I decided to create an account so I could post, around that time Apple had just added a new feature to OSX called Dashboard Widgets. So I swapped the first letters around.

And as I spend all day everyday at a desk on a computer it seems fairly appropriate.... not much chance of a Washboard Stomach and my fingers are the most active part of me.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I don't know. I hate science fiction.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Mine is f***ing rubbish, and many is the time I’ve thought of changing it…

It came from 1999, when I first started using eBay, and that was my username there.

I’d also been using NSC since 1997, and - if I’m not mistaken - there were several times in that era we needed to re-register, as things were quite basic back then. In one such re-registration l, I just decided to use the same eBay name for convenience, and now I’ve been kinda stuck with it ever since.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here