Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Explain Yourself

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Cause I'm getting old. Except at 68 I don't think I'm as old as many others on here.
Bobble Hats. A red and a blue hat have been mentioned from the 70's on the East Stand. I may dig out some photos I took at that time from my position, half way line about 15 rows back, and see if any are visable.
My Avatar is the last picture of my late Daughter when she called me from Portugal.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
From when I first started posting on NSC and there was an Orient supporting poster, banned long ago, called WATFORD O who was a bit of a WUM. I set up the account WATFORD 0 and started posting and WATFORD O got very excited, insisting his account had been hacked and it wasn't him. After about a week of this I got bored and got a mod to change mine to WATFORD zero.

Luckily I also managed to get a picture of @dwayne, a ginger black poster from that time to use as my profile pic.
Imagine getting hacked on here ?
The fun you could have.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I can’t remember why my name is what it is. I was Yossarian in a previous incantation

boik

The guy at the Goldstone ground that used to carry a placard over his shoulder at half time obscuring his face, with the winning 'Goldstone Gamble' numbers written on it......cue a chorus of Brighton fans in the North Stand shouting at him 'Put that board down'!
My mate and I try to resurrect that chant every time someone walks round the perimeter carrying something. We thought no-one else remembered him!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Kosh was a really cool mysterious, quasi mystical character from the awesome (LOTR in space) Babylon 5... He was a Vorlon and they wore an encounter suit (disguising their true form) which I thought was a splendid example of the allegory of nearly every NSC 'character' who visited the forum... I was about 14 when I first joined circa 96, so you can imagine I thought the whole projecting an image thing was multi layered in its complexity and (oh so) clever, akin to Mr Clever (he of the Mr Men) kind of a way... Not seeing the irony in that one little bit.

My original plan had been to say very little, but when I did say it, it would alter perception as people knew it... alas, Dave the Eagle wasn't really operating on that level... and being succinct isn't my forte... Thus Kosh remained and became more and more verbose with each overwrought missive.

Dare I say it ? as I've mellowed I've taken the opportunity to 're-connect' with my fellow NSC family, take stock - what started out as a fourth division TV character parody, ended with a near last 8 NSC legends 'type off' --- alas, I was never really cut out to be a winner, but by God you should see how white me teeth are... although I rather think my roll neck is cutting off the blood supply to my brain...

Kosh

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
The guy at the Goldstone ground that used to carry a placard over his shoulder at half time obscuring his face, with the winning 'Goldstone Gamble' numbers written on it......cue a chorus of Brighton fans in the North Stand shouting at him 'Put that board down'!
I remember this well, but think the language was often a bit spicier than that :ROFLMAO:

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I had a different username on NSC for a few years in the early 2000s but never posted and have no idea what that username was.

When I decided to start posting on the board and re-registered I couldn't think of a name, but shortly beforehand a fan I'd been chatting with at a game had described me as a "returning happy exile" when I told him I'd not been to many games from around 2008-2014 because of family stuff, but had been quite happy to focus on that family stuff so hadn't seen it as a burden. Happy Exile seemed fitting enough so I won't with that.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Was a long time reader of NSC and then decided to join and happened to have moved to the Colonies. PTC is the local name for the place we moved to in Georgia USA. Have since moved to Texas and Florida but coincidentally I am writing this while we are back in PTC visiting friends.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
If you know your early Rock and Roll(*) history, you'll be able to work out my real name.

(* Although I'm more into Soul, Disco, Jazz Funk, Northern, etc, etc.)

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Always thought birds of prey are magnificent creatures. As a youngster I went with "Raptor" and variants of that in games, but as gaming moved online I rapidly found that name was commonly taken.

"Audax" is the second half of the latin name for the Australian Wedge-tailed Eagle (Aquila audax), so I'd begun using that (and variations) around the same time I registered here.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Anyone remember the raffle ticket seller (maybe same bloke) from the 70s? He used to shout 'Five for Ten, Ten for Five'. Never did work out if it was five tickets for 10p or 10 tickets for 5p.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here