Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

davies joins yeovil

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Another way of looking at it is:

We've finally turned the corner in the last few games, with 7 points from a possible 12, and deserving more at Southend.
We've got two of our best players (and Jake Wright) coming back into the team shortly.

You could say that and it is possibly the truth but i am so upset about Craig moving away :cry:.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
But Murray ISN'T back in the team! He hasn't even started a game for us this season. Even forgetting his questionable commitment to us, he has a recurring injury that has persistantly kept him sidelined throughout the year.

If we are relying on Murray coming back to bolster the squad, then I really do fear for us.

should of loaned them murray instead

jaylondon22

Jan 5, 2009
I think it is a shame because i felt that he injected some energy and played well when he came on at the weekend and also feel that we are light on strikers.

I understand that due to some midweek drinking sessions in town by four or five of the players, the entire team has been banned from being seen in a liscenced premises until further notice even after the game on a Saturday. There are four or five players at the club who are maybe not being as professional as they could be and get the impression Slade is making knee jerk reactions to try and sort it....could have been a factor in Davies loan.....

Look. He needs to play proper football and not some ad-hoc arranged rubbish with the reserves.

It is better quality football than the reserve, it keeps him interested, and he can leave the barn door in Yeovil

Look. He needs to play proper football and not some ad-hoc arranged rubbish with the reserves.

It is better quality football than the reserve, it keeps him interested, and he can leave the barn door in Yeovil

More typical over reaction from the NSC faithful.

This is a very simple situation.

Number of currently fit/nearly fit strikers = 5

Number of regular starting strikers = 2

Number of potentially VERY GOOD strikers on the bench = 1

Therefore rather than have 5 people vying for 2 places, it makes more sense to have Forster, Dicko, Murray & OGH fighting for those berths with Davies out on loan hopefully betting the benefit of regular first team football.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
f*** sake ,

Was on fire in the reserves and looked the business against Southend.

Shit decision Slade

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Which end of the table are we looking at finishing in ? If Yoevil take points from some of the bigger teams due to Davies great (unless they turn out to be scrapping with us in a relegation battle !).
I think is is a strange decision but if Murray comes back I can see the logic. Although with Murray not fully fit- Harty not in form , I think Davies should be no.3 pushing for a start.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Well thats it, Davies has left, we are DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED with 'doesnt give a f***' dickinson upfront.

I mean for f*** sake, which is more threatening, Hart or Davies coming off the bench? Davies every time

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
For me this is the second decision Slade has got wrong in his time at the club. The first was letting go of youth starlet John Sullivan and this is the second by loaning out a hungry striker.

ward is god

Dec 26, 2008
Somerset near Yeovil
I am not happy about Davies going to Yeovil as it is important to me that we stay above Yeovil in the league table. Certainly makes work a lot easier

However, I was at the Southend game and I don't recall this amazing period of play by Davies. I have hardly missed a game since he joined the club and I have never thought he had what it takes. I know he tries hard but he is not clinical enough and scoring in the reserves does not count as the level is so much lower.

Maybe Russell wants to see he has got what it takes to succeed - I just wish it wasn't seven miles down the road from where I live!

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
TERRIBLE decision in my opinion. Davies has shown his commitment and desire in the short amount of time he has had on the pitch this season, and has been on fire for the reserves.

I am seriously doubting Slade's judgement on this one and just hope he is open to Davies coming back when the loan expires.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here