Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

davies joins yeovil

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I presume you're on a wind-up? Please tell me how many goals Hart has scored in the last FIVE YEARS....

OGH has only played up front since RS has been here. He showed up well at the end of last season as opposed to Davies who has never shown he has anything to offer and buying him was obviously a mistake, and the sooner we recoup some of the money by conning somebody into buying him the better.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
OGH has only played up front since RS has been here. He showed up well at the end of last season as opposed to Davies who has never shown he has anything to offer and buying him was obviously a mistake, and the sooner we recoup some of the money by conning somebody into buying him the better.

Utter bollocks.
If anything, Davies reminds me of a young Gary Hart. Raw, a few rough edges, but BAGS of enthusiasm, a tremendous work ethic and a great attitude.

Davies has BAGS to offer. I'll be severely disappointed if this loan ends up permanently shifting him out, because I honestly believe we've got a rough diamond there.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
more chance of seeing Murray on the bench / in the team for Dicko now, all sounds like a plan to me - I'm still backing Russ.....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
To some people enthusiasm and running around Revellesque is more important than ability I would rather see less running and more ability to put the ball in the net.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Utter bollocks.
If anything, Davies reminds me of a young Gary Hart. Raw, a few rough edges, but BAGS of enthusiasm, a tremendous work ethic and a great attitude.

Davies has BAGS to offer. I'll be severely disappointed if this loan ends up permanently shifting him out, because I honestly believe we've got a rough diamond there.

I couldn't agree more. Hopefully Davies will do very well at Yeovil and earn himself a contract at that club, where his talents may be appreciated. The way he has been treated most most people on NSC and in some ways by Slade is I think little short of disgraceful.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Utter bollocks.

Absolutely spot on.

I was disappointed that Davies didn't start the first game of the season, and his constant ommission since then has annoyed me. I think a couple of games in the first team would prove Slade wrong. I really hope this doesn't end up a permanent move.

Forster is getting on a bit no matter how well he is playing, Murray will come on for half an hour, get injured and hand in a transfer request, Dickinson is out of form, and Gary Hart will never score us a goal on recent evidence.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I think that this could be a good move for us, it gives him a chance to play regular first team football again, and also (hopefully) gain confidence he needs to start to be a regular goalscorer in the league.

Scoring goals in the reserves and scoring in the first team are very different, and he needs to find the belief again that he can score in league matches again (especially given the crap he got at games last season when he missed a few chances)

If he returns after a month on loan in a rich goalscoring form having regained his confidence that it will benefit us greatly, far better than him being a sub, (Forster & Dickinson seem to be Slades preferred lineup atm), then coming on late in a match in which he may not even get a chance at goal

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Am I being thick? Is this thread some sort of running joke that I have missed?

It depends what you regard as the joke. Davies or Gerbil/Bens Grandad.

:clap2:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If he returns after a month on loan in a rich goalscoring form having regained his confidence that it will benefit us greatly, far better than him being a sub, (Forster & Dickinson seem to be Slades preferred lineup atm), then coming on late in a match in which he may not even get a chance at goal

I agree that this would be a good outcome but whether Davies , like Murray, wants to play for us again is doubtful. Would you in the same circumstances?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I agree.

I like the bit about "monitoring his progress" :wink:

But who will be doing the monitoring? And do they give a s**t about Davies? It doesn't seem like it.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I agree that this would be a good outcome but whether Davies , like Murray, wants to play for us again is doubtful. Would you in the same circumstances?

I hope he would still want to, if only to prove the doubters wrong but as i have said in the past, i'm concerned that we may never see the best of Davies after the amount of abuse he got last season.

If he came back and missed a few he would lose confidence quickly as a result and i expect that those 'fans' would quickly revert to giving him abuse again, ultimately leading to his moving on, when potentially he could be a very good player for us.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Yeovil is on balance the right place for Davies to go, because lets face it, there a lot more BARN DOORS down there for him to AIM at.

:shootself

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I don't know about anyone else but I do have a bit of an issue with loaning a player to a team in the division as us. What if his goal(s) gain Yoevil the point(s) that sees them benefit at our expense come season end? I never understood how at one point last season it seemed that half our team was on loan from our competitors...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Yeovil is on balance the right place for Davies to go, because lets face it, there a lot more BARN DOORS down there for him to AIM at.

:shootself

Funny but pathetic nonetheless.

:)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't know about anyone else but I do have a bit of an issue with loaning a player to a team in the division as us. What if his goal(s) gain Yoevil the point(s) that sees them benefit at our expense come season end? I never understood how at one point last season it seemed that half our team was on loan from our competitors...

i totally agree

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I've SAID it once

I've said it TWICE

Now I'll say it AGAIN

Slade/Booker/White are strictly lower league and between them the only place they will take the ALBION is League 2.
Ask yourself if they were RATED at all then why haven't they ever got better jobs ?
Saldes CV says it all, Scarborough, Grimsby and f***ing Yeovil. And his record at those clubs was pretty shite apart from one flukey run to the play offs with Yeovil.
This club is GOING nowhere with THESE 3 clowns in charge of the playing side.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I've SAID it once

I've said it TWICE

Now I'll say it AGAIN

Slade/Booker/White are strictly lower league and between them the only place they will take the ALBION is League 2.
Ask yourself if they were RATED at all then why haven't they ever got better jobs ?
Saldes CV says it all, Scarborough, Grimsby and f***ing Yeovil. And his record at those clubs was pretty shite apart from one flukey run to the play offs with Yeovil.
This club is GOING nowhere with THESE 3 clowns in charge of the playing side.

:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

Do us all a favour and go and find a different team to give your 'support'

Last edited:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I am a very surprised and not really sure how I feel about this. I can understand the logic, but i seriously hope the move (or indeed a move) does not become permanent because as Easy10 says "rough diamond" is exactly what he is. I Like his passion and his commitment to the cause. I really hope he bangs in a few goals down there so he comes back into Slade's plans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here