Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

davies joins yeovil

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Cant see much sense in this personally, looked bright last week when he came on and with dickinson struggling the last couple of games think he had a part to play tomorrow. If Murray's comeback from injury does not work out as planned as it has before, or the form isnt there, the only back up we have is hart, who unfortunately hasnt looked up to it so far!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
In Slade we trust.

I don't understand the fuss. If he gets loads of goals on loan then we can just bring him back. This is Davies' big chance to prove that he can get goals in first team football.

How can Slade be making a massive mistake when Davies has only played 20 minutes of first team football, it's not like we're going to miss him is it :shrug:

SNOOPY

Feb 25, 2009
I think it is a shame because i felt that he injected some energy and played well when he came on at the weekend and also feel that we are light on strikers.

I understand that due to some midweek drinking sessions in town by four or five of the players, the entire team has been banned from being seen in a liscenced premises until further notice even after the game on a Saturday. There are four or five players at the club who are maybe not being as professional as they could be and get the impression Slade is making knee jerk reactions to try and sort it....could have been a factor in Davies loan.....

stop printing bullshit mate davies doesnt even drink. if you must no your looking at the wrong squad member

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How can Slade be making a massive mistake when Davies has only played 20 minutes of first team football

Because thats all we've got out of Murray this season as well. But unlike Glenn, Davies is fit and raring to go. We are now HEAVILY reliant on a 36 year old striker not getting crocked again, because the options behind him are looking rather threadbare.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
This is all fine as long as our 36 year old striker stays fit. Otherwise to partner Dickinson we're relying on a crock who doesn't want to be here, and Gary Hart.

Forgive me if I don't pop the champagne corks just yet.

Erm am I the only one here who might actually question Davies himself?

You surely have the choice to go on loan or not, and he might have even asked for the move himself because he's not getting the chance in the first team.

Granted it is up to Slade to sanction any such move, but it could well be a way of making him hungry on his return, its only for a month after all.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
What a load of f***ing SHIT.

You would think we were letting Fernando Torres out on loan, not Craig BARNDOOR Davies.

FACT: 1 goal in 17 games is SHIT for a centre forward, and it's not as if he's been setting them up either.

He's only going for ONE month (SIX league games), it's not neccessarily a permanent thing.

Good grief! We'll have 4 strikers. If one of them gets crocked, recall him!

Typical NSC. Absolute MUGS decide a player is half decent because he isn't in the team, even if the facts (1 goal, about 10 wasted sitters, bugger all else other than a bit of pace) suggest he's total shithouse. People moan at Murray (class), moan at Dickinson (quality partnership with Forster so far) but hero worship Davies despite being nothing but GASH until he knocked in a couple for the reserves. Nathan Elder scored regularly for the reserves for god sake, it is MEANINGLESS!!!

What a load of bollocks. Even in the unlikely event he is a fairly decent finisher, the only way he's going to prove this is by scoring goals at this level, and if this loan move kick starts him and allows him to come back in November a player who doesn't regularly make himself look a twat when through on goal, then it can ONLY be a good thing.

This forum = embarrassing.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Of all Slade's decisions to date this has to be by far and away the most crass. Why send the only one of your strikers who has both pace and skill on loan to a rival club? Why not loan out Harty, or Murray, if he is unsettled? Instead, let's move on Davies who I thought did very well when he came on last week and showed the passion, pace and commitment that we have been missing up front. I hope that Slade knows what he is doing but I fear not. It's going to be a very long hard season.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
What a load of f***ing SHIT.

You would think we were letting Fernando Torres out on loan, not Craig BARNDOOR Davies.

FACT: 1 goal in 17 games is SHIT for a centre forward, and it's not as if he's been setting them up either.

He's only going for ONE month (SIX league games), it's not neccessarily a permanent thing.

Good grief! We'll have 4 strikers. If one of them gets crocked, recall him!

Typical NSC. Absolute MUGS decide a player is half decent because he isn't in the team, even if the facts (1 goal, about 10 wasted sitters, bugger all else other than a bit of pace) suggest he's total shithouse. People moan at Murray (class), moan at Dickinson (quality partnership with Forster so far) but hero worship Davies despite being nothing but GASH until he knocked in a couple for the reserves. Nathan Elder scored regularly for the reserves for god sake, it is MEANINGLESS!!!

What a load of bollocks. Even in the unlikely event he is a fairly decent finisher, the only way he's going to prove this is by scoring goals at this level, and if this loan move kick starts him and allows him to come back in November a player who doesn't regularly make himself look a twat when through on goal, then it can ONLY be a good thing.

This forum = embarrassing.

Can't argue with any of that. :clap:

Everyone is wanking over a 20 minute substitute appearance because Davies put himself about. I'm not slagging the bloke off, I think he has alot of potential, but it's only potential until he can stop doing the donkey stuff like falling over the ball, or giving it away in the middle of the park under no pressure - both of which he did last week. He also needs to learn how to put the ball in the back of the net.

To top it off people are questioning Slade's management because of it. Get a f***ing grip.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
So Hart has more to offer than Davies? What a joke.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
How about this.....Davies now has a chance to shine . Murray has that chance also.If Murray gets his wish to leave in jan,then Davies has the chance to return .This gives options to all,ie Slade ,Murray and Davies. This gives the incentive i wonder who will accept the challenge !

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
And this season?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
A few goals each in the stiffs. Hart's come on for the last 5 minutes a few times and Davies ran about a bit for 20 minutes last satuday, he did a couple of good things and a couple of bad things.

It's hardly compelling evidence for either side of the argument.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
How about this.....Davies now has a chance to shine . Murray has that chance also.If Murray gets his wish to leave in jan,then Davies has the chance to return .This gives options to all,ie Slade ,Murray and Davies. This gives the incentive i wonder who will accept the challenge !

Gosh ....that almost seems the way a good manager might see it. :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here