Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

davies joins yeovil

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
That was at the HEIGHT of Micky Adams' INSANE decisions. Can't compare him to Slade.

Agreed, but Micky is an experienced manager, and maybe, just maybe, a player can look fine running up and down the training pitch and even playing the odd 45 minutes in the ressies, but when they need that extra effort, that extra yard of pace in a proper game, they are not ready.

Just seems to me that we are being premature (and I know plenty about being premature!) assuming Murray is back and fit.

... and even if he is, I;d still have Davies ahead of Hart in the pecking order.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Can't see this as a bad move to be honest, if Davies goes out and scores two or three goals (which I think he will) then we'll use him a bit more when he comes back. At the moment I think Slade is a bit unsure given the poor run he went through last year. We can cope with Hart as a back up for a month/until Murray is fit enough for half hour.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
statler_waldorf.jpg

I thought that was going to be a reference to Easy10 and I. :lol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think it is a very good move for all concerned he plays well for Yeovil they sign him in January window, Murray impresses for us scoring 10 goals before Christmas and we either keep him or sell him for a good fee. Yeovil sign Davies and let Obaka go back to Spurs and we sign him on loan for the rest of the season. Perfect scenario for all.

He is obviously not in contention for a place with us at the moment the only down side is he may score goals that allow Yeovil to pull away from the bottom but I wouldnt place a bet on it with my money.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry ignore that comment, i'm being a dick.

No worries. I know I can seem a bit bhadeb at times in my defence of Murray, just get a bit fed up of the amount of absolute crap spouted about him time and again.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
No worries. I know I can seem a bit bhadeb at times in my defence of Murray, just get a bit fed up of the amount of absolute crap spouted about him time and again.

There is a lot of crap spouted about Murray and most of it un just so your defence of the guy makes sense.

Like I said ignore my post, a prime example of posting without thinking first, something i'm often guilty of.

Peace out!

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Did Slade not say the other day something the along the lines of work hard in the reserves and perform well then you will get a chance in the first team? I suppose Davies just gets his chance in the Yeovil first team! Bit of an odd one in my book.

He had his 19 minutes against Southend and blew it, should have scored at least a hatrick. you have to take your chances when they come along. in all seriousness I hope he has a good month at Yeovil and comes back all guns blazing and challenges the other strikers, I hope this is not the end for Davies as I still have a feeling he will come good for the Albion

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Normally we have someone in the youth team that can get in the squad as a back up. This time I am struggling to see who it is.

Hart and Murray have been injured a while, and not played much this season. Yet we are relying on them to come up with the goods when Forster comes off about 75 minutes. Dickinson hasnt scored for a few games now, and that leaves the youth teamers, of which I cant think of any...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It should be noted that OGH is preferred by Slade as a substitute when Forster comes off so he probably doesnt rate Davies too highly or is that an understatement of the obvious.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Normally we have someone in the youth team that can get in the squad as a back up. This time I am struggling to see who it is.

Hart and Murray have been injured a while, and not played much this season. Yet we are relying on them to come up with the goods when Forster comes off about 75 minutes. Dickinson hasnt scored for a few games now, and that leaves the youth teamers, of which I cant think of any...

Jamie Strong? :lolol:

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
Yeovil seem to have as many Ex-Brighton players as we have Ex-Stockport.
Craig Davies, Richard Martin, Nathan Jones, George O'Callaghan, Dean Bowditch, Sam Williams, Ben Roberts.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

On the other hand, we have four strikers, A. Davies can play higher up the pitch I believe, Cox can play off a front man.
Also, who is to say that Davies hasn't asked to go? Judging by the poster Snoopy's comments he's probably not all that happy being backup.
Maybe we'll even bring someone in, it doesn't seem like we'll be going up this season so the building process still has to be ongoing, and Davies is one of a number of deadwood players.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
19th in the table, loaned out a good striker... Not looking good for us.

Another way of looking at it is:

We've finally turned the corner in the last few games, with 7 points from a possible 12, and deserving more at Southend.
We've got two of our best players (and Jake Wright) coming back into the team shortly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here