Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

davies joins yeovil

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
If Murray is due to be ready soon getting Davies some first team action won't do us or him any harm. Murray won't be going anywhere until January at least so I think it's a good move.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I'm sure everyone will be really annoyed if Murray comes off the bench in the next few weeks replacing Dickinson/Forster instead of Davies...

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
When extended, it takes it up to the January transfer window when they'll sign him for an undisclosed fee :wink:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm sure everyone will be really annoyed if Murray comes off the bench in the next few weeks replacing Dickinson/Forster instead of Davies...

Yeah I hate when better players come on instead of worse ones...

:lol:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

That's the problem though isn't it. When will Murray be ready to play?

Maybe once Murray HAS returned to action, but all the time we are hearing (and not seeing) it, I think we shouldn't be assuming anything.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
If Murray is due to be ready soon getting Davies some first team action won't do us or him any harm. Murray won't be going anywhere until January at least so I think it's a good move.

Is a Murray appearance out of the question tommorrow? If he has got a chance of featuring then I take back my Anti Slade rant, otherwise it's still a poor decision in my eyes!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That's the problem though isn't it. When will Murray be ready to play?

Maybe once Murray HAS returned to action, but all the time we are hearing (and not seeing) it, I think we shouldn't be assuming anything.

Well, he played 45 mins yesterday without problem, so should be at least coming off the bench by the MK Dons game?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
What a load of bollocks that is.

He's fit, runs hard for the team, and is getting his confidence back with some goals in the reserves. So, we ship him off to a divisional rival, and leave ourselves relying on a big lump who's doing ok but not scoring, an old man who is playing great but will get injuries, Murray who is rarely fit and doesn't want to be here, and Gary Hart who was brilliant for a few weeks at the end of last season .... but hadn't shown that form for YEARS previously.

Quite why that has made us feel so secure in our forward line that we can afford to let one go out on loan, I really haven't got the foggiest.

Maybe making space for a hotshot premiership loanee - pure speculation on my part

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Yeah I hate when better players come on instead of worse ones...

:lol:

Are you the person Glen Murray was rumored to be shagging by any chance?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Is a Murray appearance out of the question tommorrow?

Even if he is due to make an appearance tomorrow, why not at least wait and see if he comes through it okay.

Do I need to mention the home game with Leeds last season?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Even if he is due to make an appearance tomorrow, why not at least wait and see if he comes through it okay.

Do I need to mention the home game with Leeds last season?

That was at the HEIGHT of Micky Adams' INSANE decisions. Can't compare him to Slade.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
maybe thats true, but even against Southend he looked threatening and had the hunger (off the back off his reserve team form)

I dont see how Gary Hart or a half fit Glenn Murray is more of a threat on goal than Davies. I love Glenn, but why rush him back? it has screwed him over before and even led to a barrage of abuse his way when playing whilst not fit

Has Forster played a full 90 minutes in his goal scoring run in the last 5 games?
Well Gary Hart proved he is, didn't he? Davies came on and ran about a bit, he didn't really do anything other than a lay off of questionable intent for the Bennet shot that hit the bar. I think people are so keen for him to do well for whatever reason they're looking at his performance, and a few goals against reserve teams in an extremely uncritical way.
I don't know how fit Murray is or whether we are rushing him back so I can't comment, Forster does get subbed off, sometimes wrongly imo (and reading between the lines of some of his argus comments he seems to agree). I did say I think it's a bit odd to be loaning Davies, at this time and to a possible rival it seems needless, but I think people are overreacting a bit with this whole Davies bandwagon.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Is a Murray appearance out of the question tommorrow? If he has got a chance of featuring then I take back my Anti Slade rant, otherwise it's still a poor decision in my eyes!

I doubt it because Slade says he doesn't want to rush him back.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Could be a masterstroke - if he performs at Yeovil in the first team, Slade brings him back after a month in a much better place psychologically and match-fitness wise. Gives both Dickinson and Murray a run for his money and is able to help Forster into his 'Shopmobility' cart so he can prowl around the box shouting at the youngsters whilst waving his stick [he'll still be top scorer though].

In the meantime, here is a computer generated image of Forster and OGH waiting to pounce off the bench in April '10 to combine to score the winning goal that keeps us above the dotted line:

statler_waldorf.jpg

Anyone want to join me in a chorus of 'We are staying up'? Or is it a bit early for that?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Look, the point is, Murray has played about 20 minutes this season. We have now left ourselves rather vulnerable IF something happens to Forster, which (considering he doesn't always train these days) is a distinct risk.

We are weaker as a squad without Davies in the wings.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Look, the point is, Murray has played about 20 minutes this season. We have now left ourselves rather vulnerable IF something happens to Forster, which (considering he doesn't always train these days) is a distinct risk.

We are weaker as a squad without Davies in the wings.

Clearly Slade knows something we don't.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How often has a player been loaned out and come back firing on all cylinders for us ? 99 times out of 100, shipping someone out on loan is a prelude to that player permanently moving on, as they're deemed surplus to requirements. We're not Chelsea for gods sake. We don't loan players out to enable them to get "match fit" for us, or to get a bit of experience because there's just too many top class players in front of them.

I still think Davies has got something to offer here, and I'm VERY disappointed we've farmed him out to one of our L1 rivals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here