Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

davies joins yeovil

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
maybe there are more barn doors in that neck of the woods?

bad decision I feel. We have Forster on fire, but how long can he play week in week out?
Dickinson has only scored 2, and not had that many goal scoring chances.
Gary Hart doesnt score.
Davies is most likely to make an impact on the pitch if Dickinson or Forster get injured.

Murray is great, but he hasnt played 90 minutes in a long time, and will surely break down again some time soon

Maybe we are bringing someone else in...

doncasterseagull

Kasabian!!!
May 23, 2008
Doncaster
it is only for a month i dont think recalling him will be in the contract

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
This is the first time I've doubted Slade's decicions. Why the hell would he loan out a striker who is in a rich vein of form in the reserves?

What happens if Forster gets injured or Dickinson or both of them.

Absolutely shocking decision imo.

Then he will recall him. Makes sense in a way, he has suffered from low confidence with us, if he goes and gets games and form then he will be a great asset for us. Also I guess as mentioned there could be another striker on the way?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Don't overreact too much guys. Jesus. It's apparently for a month. With no doubt the option to recall him if needed. He's got the potential to walk into their starting line up. A month of first team action, banging in the goals, then coming back to us. Yeah, sounds terrible.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Did Slade not say the other day something the along the lines of work hard in the reserves and perform well then you will get a chance in the first team? I suppose Davies just gets his chance in the Yeovil first team! Bit of an odd one in my book.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Whilst he may be ineligible I am sure that he will have invaluable information to relate to Yeovil in terms of defensive weaknesses and also likeley team tactics.

This is a disgraceful decision by Baldy!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
we recall him??

Won't help during whatever match we lose a forward in though.
And the fact he's being farmed out doesn't exactly indicate Davies is in his plans, even thuogh we've got no replacement for him.

Whatever way you slice it, this has weakened our squad. I thought Davies did bloody well for the 15 minutes he got against Southend, he looked WELL up for it. He's not far enough away from the first team to justify shipping him out in my opinion. He's the best backup we've got at the moment.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Davies is most likely to make an impact on the pitch if Dickinson or Forster get injured.
People say that, performances last season disagree. The Davies love in seems to have grown as a reaction against the harsh treatment he received plus the old favourite of being a better player when you're out of the team.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
makes perfect sense to me...

with murray back in the team it seems the sensible thing to do. send him on loan to yeovil where hopefully he can score a few goals, and then come back to us once he has found his shooting boots!

with forster, dickinson, and murray all ahead of him Davies is never going to get a run in the team. so sending him to yeovil to get match fit and score some goals could all be part of Mr Slade's cunning plan.

there is going to be a point in the season when forster and dickinson get tired, so we will need fresh faces to come in and do a job. there's no point in Davies just waiting around for this to happen so a month at yeovil will do him good.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
With Glenn Murray coming back into it, Davies is going to be joint 4th choice with Gary Hart. We don't need that many strikers, realistically, and if we can send Davies out to score some goals and play regular football, maybe he'll return in January firing on all cylinders for us and it'll look a masterstroke, especially if Murray does get sold. It makes perfect sense to me, :clap: mr Slade.

Seconded.

I rate Davies, I do, but while he's not getting a game here let's get him some starts elsewhere, then bring him back if needed.

At the moment, he's not needed.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
I did tell you about this during August :wink:

Craig Davies - What has he done wrong? - North Stand Chat

From my understanding, he's not in RS plans at the moment and is available for a short-term loan move, however he won't be moving on at the moment unless something else happens.

Hawkins and Livermore are both available on free transfers but the club can't really terminate their deals as they both have two years left and are both on quite hefty wages for a League One club.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
People say that, performances last season disagree. The Davies love in seems to have grown as a reaction against the harsh treatment he received plus the old favourite of being a better player when you're out of the team.

maybe thats true, but even against Southend he looked threatening and had the hunger (off the back off his reserve team form)

I dont see how Gary Hart or a half fit Glenn Murray is more of a threat on goal than Davies. I love Glenn, but why rush him back? it has screwed him over before and even led to a barrage of abuse his way when playing whilst not fit

Has Forster played a full 90 minutes in his goal scoring run in the last 5 games?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
makes perfect sense to me...

with murray back in the team it seems the sensible thing to do. send him on loan to yeovil where hopefully he can score a few goals, and then come back to us once he has found his shooting boots!

But Murray ISN'T back in the team! He hasn't even started a game for us this season. Even forgetting his questionable commitment to us, he has a recurring injury that has persistantly kept him sidelined throughout the year.

If we are relying on Murray coming back to bolster the squad, then I really do fear for us.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
But Murray ISN'T back in the team! He hasn't even started a game for us this season. Even forgetting his questionable commitment to us, he has a recurring injury that has persistantly kept him sidelined throughout the year.

If we are relying on Murray coming back to bolster the squad, then I really do fear for us.

That was my thought, It only takes one game and both our strikers could get injured then we would only have one/possibly 2 strikers. :US:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
stop moaning you whiny lot of plonkers...There's no way Davies is going to start a match all the time Forster, Dickinson & Murray are around UNLESS he starts banging in goals in a proper match and not the stiffs.

I seem to recall many of you slating Gatting & Robinson, who scored more goals in the reserves than Davies and yet you were all ready to write them off ias soon as they got a sniff of first team action.

THis is a good move for both clubs & more importantly the player.

Some of you are as clueless as Magoo was!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
What a load of bollocks that is.

He's fit, runs hard for the team, and is getting his confidence back with some goals in the reserves. So, we ship him off to a divisional rival, and leave ourselves relying on a big lump who's doing ok but not scoring, an old man who is playing great but will get injuries, Murray who is rarely fit and doesn't want to be here, and Gary Hart who was brilliant for a few weeks at the end of last season .... but hadn't shown that form for YEARS previously.

Quite why that has made us feel so secure in our forward line that we can afford to let one go out on loan, I really haven't got the foggiest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here