Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World Cup Squad

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
That's not a very nice thing to say. Have you read the quote from the times with the stats of Crouch's England appearances or am I going to have to post it again?

Oh alright, just for you..

''Crouch’s five appearances for England have ended with five wins. The team has scored 10 goals in the 231 minutes (less than 2Å matches of playing time) he has spent on the field. His beneficial effect on Michael Owen, who has scored five times in 180 minutes operating alongside the big chap, is striking.

At home against Poland, Crouch came on with 23 minutes remaining and the score went from 1-1 to 2-1; against Argentina in Geneva, his 10 minutes as a substitute saw England go from 2-1 down to 3-2 winners; his last appearance was 25 minutes against Uruguay, during which he scored and helped turn a 1-0 deficit into a 2-1 win.

On statistics alone, there should be little debate about whom Sven-Göran Eriksson should pick instead of Rooney — unless you want to argue that Crouch’s impact coming off the bench is so extraordinary that it would be a pity to lose him as an “impact sub”.

Crouch is a superb shock troop to come off the bench ... but on this basis he is now our first choice striker ... what hapens then if he gets injured in the first game ...

this reminds me of our midfield limtations in the last world cup ... we have to have fully fit options .... IMHO!!!!!!

:smokin:

Last edited:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Walcott's Championship record:

13 (+8) appearances, 4 goals

Walcott's Premiership record:

0 (+0) appearances, 0 goals

The inclusion of such a player in a World Cup squad is absolutely astonishing.

I think the ONLY reason Walcott hasn't played for Arsenal yet is because, up to now hasn't been able to be contracted on a pro licence.

wenger is saying he WILL play a part in the Champs league final next week..

Last edited:

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
I don't have a problem with Crouch going, but we need to take 5 strikers with 2 being injured. Walcott is not an option as far as I'm concerned. Hope I'm proven wrong though.

And SWP should definitely have gone.

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing
zefarelly said:
because he plays regular club football at the top level for one of the better sides in europe . .just in a different country.

just because he's not in the sun everyday behaving like a twat doesnt mean he's not good, look outside your own back yard for once :angry: anyone would think your American FFS

i may not see him play for munich (yes i do know who he plays for and where he plays twat) but i have seen him play enough times for england and he is shit .:salute:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
brighton rock said:
big gamble but the lad must be special

I saw him at Ninian Park just after Christmas. He was anonymous. City won 2-1, and if you hadn't known in advance that Walcott was supposed to be something special then you wouldn't have noticed him at all. He did nothing in 90 minutes.

Somebody said earlier that he's an unknown quantity on the international scene. Let's be honest here, he's an unknown quantity on ANY scene!

Astonishing decision.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
My other problem (aside from the forwards) is why pick Jenas and Hargreaves and leave out Shaun Wrightv Phillips and Richardson?

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
The Laughing Bluebird said:
I saw him at Ninian Park just after Christmas. He was anonymous. City won 2-1, and if you hadn't known in advance that Walcott was supposed to be something special then you wouldn't have noticed him at all. He did nothing in 90 minutes.

Somebody said earlier that he's an unknown quantity on the international scene. Let's be honest here, he's an unknown quantity on ANY scene!

Astonishing decision.

fair point

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
It's incredible. Sven can't win. Throughout his tenure he's been accused of being negative, conservative and dull and now when he picks an exiciting, young squad, full of skill, flair and pace, he gets slagged off.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Has any other team ever taken 2 uncapped players and player who is certain to miss at least half the tournament through injury to the World Cup???

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Javier Saviola
Julio Cruz
Hernan Crespo
Carlos Tevez

Robinho
Ronaldo
Ronaldinho
Adriano

Robin van Persie
Roy Makaay
Arjen Robben
Ruud van Nistelrooy

Peter Crouch
Theo Walcott
Jermain Defoe
Andy Johnson

:down: :down: :down: :down:

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I guess that Sven's thinking with Walcott that he's potentially a Rooney type short term impact player.

He's unknown to the rest of the world, but apparently he's like greased lightning, and might just be able to inject a bit of spark should the situation demand it, a bit like Rooney was when he first came in.

Can't help feeling the hand of Arsenal, and specifically David Dein, is at work again, a bit like it was rumoured to be with the England manager's job and the way Wenger wasn't even linked with it, but hey.

Hargreaves always looks crap but he couldn't be playing for Bayern Munich each week if he's total shit I suppose. I think Darren Bent is the unlucky man- I didn't think he was the answer to our Rooney-inspired problems, but to not even make the standby list while a Championship striker gets on seems a little unfair.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Silent Bob said:
Javier Saviola
Julio Cruz
Hernan Crespo
Carlos Tevez

Robinho
Ronaldo
Ronaldinho
Adriano

Robin van Persie
Roy Makaay
Arjen Robben
Ruud van Nistelrooy

Peter Crouch
Theo Walcott
Jermain Defoe
Andy Johnson

:down: :down: :down: :down:

Er... Michael Owen??

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I like it, I think there is more to Walcott than meets the eye, there must be a reason he is taking him, watch him become the Hero!

:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here