Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Weight loss jabs - Mounjaro, Wegovy etc.

Professor Plum

NSC Patron
Jul 27, 2024
I am Mrs Punal. I have been on Mounjaro since April and have lost almost four stone. The biggest thing for me besides the loss in lbs is how my self esteem has risen. I am seventy and needed like you to do something and was totally overwhelmed by the amount I needed to lose. Some things you need to be aware of: There are side effects and a typical one is feeling sick. Luckily I haven’t really suffered from any but do know some people have needed to give up because it was so bad.
To start with you would be on a low dose which you inject weekly for four weeks. The next four week cycle the dose increases and this carries on until you are on the highest dose. Lucky you if you can get it so cheap. Beware of unscrupulous people selling online. I am now on the highest dose and it costs me £250 a month. To me worth every penny. Not sure how differently it might affect a male but if you can afford to do it and feel it would set you on the right path go for it. Hope this helps.
4 stone? Fantastic. Well done.

You’re absolutely right of course about being wary of the dodgy online sellers. I’ve done my research though using TrustPilot and fortunately there are plenty of reputable suppliers including Boots and Asda. Cost does go up as dosage increases but I’ve got about 3 months at the lower prices to see how I get on. If the treatment proves successful I won’t mind paying the extra. I suspect I’ll be saving quite a bit on booze and some foods so it’ll be self-financing! Best of luck for your continued progress.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
My brother has lost several stone over the last year using the jab (dont know which one) and now looks so unhealthily thin but here's the odd thing based on his BIM he is still overweight. I was going to the same but….

I on the other hand am fat and was getting lazy so since coming back from holiday I decided to make some changes so over the last 5-6 weeks I have stopped nearly all sweets, coke, crisps, snacks, bacon sandwichs for breakfast, biscuits, takeaway, processed meals, reduced my beer intake and started walking minimum of 3km at pace every night. I’m also taking apple cider vinegar in water before my main meal. It has made a huge difference as I got weighed at the doc’s this afternoon and I’ve lost 12-13kg. To early to speak but I am hoping I may have broken my addiction to sugar (and it is very much an addiction) Had a salad tonight and normally I’d still feel hungry afterwards (and there was no carb in it) but instead I feel stuffed so think stomach is also shrinking.

This is the first time in my life i’ve made a diet / fitness thing work and so far I’ve not found it hard - my body must have known

As a motivator I’ve promised myself a treat so if I lose another 10kg I’m paying the £3k to go-up in a spitfire

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Mrs.Punal … is the main result that you just don’t get hungry, as a result meals are much smaller?
For me not so much that I don’t get hungry as that I am full on less. I have been very strict with myself over what I eat. I have never been one for breakfast and for lunch I have a protein yoghurt( not to everyone’s taste but I like them). I buy them from Aldi- I like them best. I don’t eat carbs. This suits me but I guess it’s not for everyone. What I would say is that you still have to change what you eat but you will eat less.Of course we could all have the drug and continue to eat either too much or all the wrong foods and not lose any weight. I guess everyone is different and I know someone who says they never feel hungry. Another point is that I don’t snack and never really have. I do like my wine but have noticed not quite as much as I did. That is definitely a bonus. Hope this helps and feel free to ask more questions if you want.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here