Leon delighted Albion have been relegated

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
WATFORD zero said:
Kinky,

He is pleased his ex teammates have failed and a lot of them will be made redundant or have their salaries cut.

Do you still believe that his only issue was with Mcghee, or as suggested on here, that he was an obnoxious little twat that everyone (players included) were glad to see the back of.

I wonder ? ???

Do you not think that the fact he could have read what is on here may have fueled the outburst?>

sheebo said:
i just think McGhee s man management skills are shite and leon was a free scoring player till McGhee got his hands on him.. but as i always say that's an opinion.. :

But Leon has never been a free scoring player at any level above league 1/division 2

his inability at the Championship/Division One level were all too obvious

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Storer68 said:
But Leon has never been a free scoring player at any level above league 1/division 2

his inability at the Championship/Division One level were all too obvious

I will say this in his defence - He is not a free scoring type player more of a creative player - a zola type player.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I've spoken to one ex Chelsea player and a current Chelsea player about him and it seems he was unpopular there as well!! - the general gist was that he thought he was too big for Chelsea at the time and better than most of the other players, he's a sad man.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Kinky Gerbils said:
Sorry - I am not defending him here btw.

But it seems that its one rule for Leon and another for anyone else.

His time here he was booed, by his own fans and since many of here say - back the players no matter what its a bit hypercritcal dont you think?

I know you weren't defending him - playing devils advocate seems to be more suitable

I guess being booed is part and parcel of being a footballer. Is this on the same level of Gary Neville running all the way up the pitch to celebrate in front of the Liverpool fans, or Trundle waving that flag about in Cardiff?

If he can't see that he acted unprofessionally and has no regrets, then I am not surprised he has said any of this. Bitter and twisted little twit, who seems to believe he belongs in the premiership.

There was no need to say anything.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
dwayne said:
I've spoken to one ex Chelsea player and a current Chelsea player about him and it seems he was unpopular there as well!! - the general gist was that he thought he was too big for Chelsea at the time and better than most of the other players, he's a sad man.

When i was drinking with the Chelsea squad and Kylie last week they said the same ;)

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Relegated we may be Leon, and chuffed you may well be but tonight I go home to my modest little house in Hove whilst you are in Swansea. Haha, who's the loser now?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Kinky Gerbils said:
His time here he was booed, by his own fans
Hang on - when has he ever been boo'd by his own fans ?

At worst he might have had a few exhasperated "f***ing GET UP Leon" 's directed at him at the umpteeth embarrassing tumble, but I have NEVER been at a match where I've heard the crowd actually BOO'ing him, even after his public flounce at the Wolves game. Far more common was the "Leon KNIGHT KNIGHT KNIGHT" chant that would strike up whenever he did something half decent, or actually managed to score when the moon was blue.

To say he suffered abuse at the hands of the Albion fans during games is WELL wide of the mark. Consdering his stinking attitude, it was amazing how much support he still got.

The Laughing Bluebird said:
Swansea were second in the table, just two points off the top when Lucky Leon rolled into town. Now they are seventh in the table and twelve points off the top. Having looked like potential champions when they signed Knight, there is now every chance they will even miss out on the play-offs. How funny would that be?

These really are the key points. Knight's entire transfer for Swansea looks set to be a failure yet in his little world that still allows him to large it up against his former team-mates. Rank stupidity of incredible dimensions.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Easy 10 said:

At worst he might have had a few exhasperated "f***ing GET UP Leon" 's directed at him at the umpteeth embarrassing tumble, but I have NEVER been at a match where I've heard the crowd actually BOO'ing him, even after his public flounce at the Wolves game. Far more common was the "Leon KNIGHT KNIGHT KNIGHT" chant that would strike up whenever he did something half decent, or actually managed to score when the moon was blue.

To say he suffered abuse at the hands of the Albion fans during games is WELL wide of the mark. Consdering his stinking attitude, it was amazing how much support he still got.

So i never heard the "f*** OF LEON" type shouting.

Interesting

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
dwayne said:

Was the ex chelsea player Doug Loft? One question Dwayne, how do you know all these celebs?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:

:clap: :clap: I agree 100%, he got shouted at by individuals,but I never heard him booed or even grumbled at enmasse. f***ing wish I had in retrospect, he is without doubt the biggest ego tripping twat ever to have pulled on the stripes in my time of watching the Albion.

Swansea have all this vitriol to be directed against them soon, but not before we play them I hope.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
And to those saying, "who can blame him" and, "after the abuse he got here I'm not surprised", the reason he got abuse was precisely because everyone believed he was a jumped up little wanker and never gave cause to suspect him of being anything else. Even when he scored 20+ goals for us that 1 season I still didn't like him nor did anyone else I know, unlike Bobby Z who I still regard as a God (sad but true for a 37 year old). As for his penalty at Cardiff in the Play off final, it was the goal I was cheering for and what it meant, I don't recall once shouting out his name in celebration or thinking what a hero he was, I was more impressed by Iwelumo for winning the Peno in the first place. If any other player had scored I would have treated them as a hero. Now I just look back and think the Albion scored a goal that day that got us promoted, who scored it? That little prick Knight, what a tosser. Do I thank him for it? Nah bollocks do I he can feck off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here