Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon delighted Albion have been relegated

Easy 10 said:
Hang on - when has he ever been boo'd by his own fans ?

At worst he might have had a few exhasperated "f***ing GET UP Leon" 's directed at him at the umpteeth embarrassing tumble, but I have NEVER been at a match where I've heard the crowd actually BOO'ing him, even after his public flounce at the Wolves game. Far more common was the "Leon KNIGHT KNIGHT KNIGHT" chant that would strike up whenever he did something half decent, or actually managed to score when the moon was blue.

Correct - right up the end the fans backed him.

I'll never forget the reception he got at Luton - huge choruses of Leon KNIGHT KNIGHT KNIGHT when he came on as sub, a genuine desire to see him succeed in an Albion shirt.

He replied by strolling around for half an hour and touched the ball to no effect whatsoever about 2 or 3 times at most during that time.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
XooX said:
And to those saying, "who can blame him" and, "after the abuse he got here I'm not surprised", the reason he got abuse was precisely because everyone believed he was a jumped up little wanker and never gave cause to suspect him of being anything else. Even when he scored 20+ goals for us that 1 season I still didn't like him nor did anyone else I know, unlike Bobby Z who I still regard as a God (sad but true for a 37 year old). As for his penalty at Cardiff in the Play off final, it was the goal I was cheering for and what it meant, I don't recall once shouting out his name in celebration or thinking what a hero he was, I was more impressed by Iwelumo for winning the Peno in the first place. If any other player had scored I would have treated them as a hero. Now I just look back and think the Albion scored a goal that day that got us promoted, who scored it? That little prick Knight, what a tosser. Do I thank him for it? Nah bollocks do I he can feck off.

And the 27 goals he got that season?

Its debatable if there would have been a play off final with out him.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Leon " I have no doubt in my own mind that I am a much better player than Jermaine Defoe " Knight :tosser: :shit:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It is staggering that no manager has ever got the penny to drop with Knight. We all know he is a talented player, but the fact that not a single one of his bosses has ever made him realise that until the rather large chip on his shoulder is shifted he will never fulfil that talent is incredible.

Dropping him hasn't worked. Transferring him hasn't worked, from Chelsea, us, or anywhere else. Bollocking him hasn't worked. The guy really is living in a fantasy land. Is anything ever going to make him realise he himself is f***ing up his career? The problem now is, no one cares any more.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Still don't think he should have been sold without a replacement lined up, but these comments do prove that he is a right little çunt. When in a few years he's playing at the same level as me (and believe me, it will be LOW) my studs will be sharpened.

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
And the 27 goals he got that season?

Its debatable if there would have been a play off final with out him.

Yep, absolutely right but I could look at it and say I wouldn't have had to put up with the shit we have served up the last 2 seasons. Sorry mate but with all that he has ever said and his attitude all the while he was at the club I cannot thank him for anything. Bollocks to his 27 goals and peno at Cardiff in fact Bollocks to Leon Knight full stop. He came here, got well paid to do a job and score goals and now he's gone. It matters not to me that without his goals we would not have got promoted, my thanks go out to all the other players who give a shit about the Albion.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
The little shite is gonna get some stick next season at the withdena and I am going to give him with both barrels.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Oh Leon, Leon, Leon. Why do you just let your mouth run away from you so?

He always was a player I thought the World of, and even when things started to go wrong, i didn't want to believe bad things of him. But in the end, there is no alternative. The guy will spend his life in football making enemies and not friends, upsetting teams rather than gelling them together. Talent-wise he has it all, but in his head it just all goes wrong.

When Swansea come down here, I think we should just completely ignore him.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
WATFORD zero said:
When i was drinking with the Chelsea squad and Kylie last week they said the same ;)

I had a picture of me with John Terry and Lampard on NSC the other week, so maybe best not to doubt my credibility with sarky comments:salute:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As a young player he was the League 1 Top Scorer with a promotion-winning team. Now, 2 years later, he is a bench player for a club in 7th position. Maybe he should direct his energy away from complaining and moaning, and maybe focus on his downward-spiralling career?

Personally, I think he got excellent support from the fans while he was here, so I can only assume his vitriol is probably fuelled more by a dislike for the management and one or two players than anything else.

He is plainly a kunt of the curliest, smelliest kind and I am already looking forward to booing the twat until I am taken to hospital with inverted lips.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its true I saw it, Paul O'Grady's younger brother.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Richie Morris said:
I was thinking more at most games at WITHERS where he would get abused for diving every time he was fouled and shouted at for being a lazy tosser every time he was slotting back into a wide midfield position as instructed instead of pointlessly chasting defenders...

Sometimes you talk a lot of sense....on this point you are absolutely wrong! It is completely and utterly unproffesional...if LK really wanted to prove a point, he would be scoring goals for fun at LEAGUE 1 Swansea and not slagging us off in the press!! Instead he is on the bench for NOT being good enough....

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I have always beleived if Leon was to make it any higher than the championship it would be as a winger.

He's not good enough as striker in the championship.

Hope he gets a good kicking next season, by the looks of things swansea are going knowhere. He should have waited to the end of the season before running his gob off, but then thats his problem.

Vindicates Mcgoo.:)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
To those who are defending Leon Knight, still, even after all this.

There are plenty of reasons he was shipped out of the club. His lack of goals was only one of them. You can only trot out the old McGhee-bad-management lines so many times, but it's been obvious to most rational minded people on here that Leon Knight has always had (and probably always will have) a gigantic attitude problem. He wasn't popular with the team- why the f*** should they put the effort in if he couldn't be arsed? Why would you want a player like that in your dressing room, ability or no ability??

There are so many examples of his bad attitude, and they date from WAY before he joined us. Several players at Chelsea thought he was a tosser. Sam Parkin is one of the few to come out and say it, but I bet there are more. I've spoken to an Albion player in the past who shall remain nameless, but who stated Leon was a complete tool.

Knight publicly declared that he thought QPR were rubbish and we'd beat them to the title. Yep, that worked well, Leon.

He slagged off Sheffield Wednesday for his loan spell there.

He got dropped by McGhee, but did we see even the slightest hint that he might be prepared to fight his way back in and prove a point? No, we got more sulking, more attitude, and Leon running to the press to complain about his treatment. It's always me, me, me, with him.

And now he goes and does what many players would think, but few would actually do, comes out and says publically he's delighted his old club are relegated.

So let's see. He was unpopular at Chelsea. QPR hate him. Swindon hate him, as did most of the League 1 clubs for his perceived diving (and come on guys, we all know he's an outrageous diver). We hate him. Sheffield Wednesday hate him. That's virtually all the clubs he's ever played for. Sooner or later, even you Leon supporters would have to question whether it's all these fans, all these clubs, all these players who are wrong, or whether maybe, just maybe, it comes down to Little Leon himself, and the fact that he has an attitude that just STINKS.

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
Richie Morris said:
What do you expect him to say considering the amount of SHIT he got here despite scoring the goals to get us promoted and being our most talented player?

ahhh Richie who gets behind ALL Brighton players

I do remember some twat putting round second hand shite pub gossip about Leon sometime ago. Something to do with Richard Carpenter I think, guns were threatened or something. I don't remember the details. Can't remember WHO posted that utter shite either.....who was it??

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
WATFORD zero said:
When i was drinking with the Chelsea squad and Kylie last week they said the same ;)

Was this at Claridges or the Savoy and did your 4x4 get booked for double parking?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here