Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins has to fine Adam El-Abd

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
the big difference though is that a footballer has just spent 90 + mins with large amounts of physical and nervous energy and on the edge with adrenalin.

I dont see many bank cashiers like that where I work!

But it wont stop the holier than holys on here though

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
fosters headband said:
I am afraid kids dont look up the fans Les, but they do to the players.
One of my grandsons proudest possesions is a photograph of him with Joel, Bassa and Adam El-Abd.
So if my grandson swears at me, he will say well Adam does it!!

Kids may look up to players but I would say they adopt more of their behavioural patterns from other fans being as they are the people they are most likely to identify with.

kestrel said:
You cant win race as a player you show no passion youre not fit to wear the shirt you show passion you swear,you show you care and all this shit happens

I didn't want to join in on this thread because there's already been enough said but there is a difference between showing passion (nothing wrong there) and swearing (nothing really wrong there either-most of us swear occassionally) to calling everybody in the South Stand from Block A to Block F "f***ing c unts" and giving everybody the 'wanker' gesture. That is everybody-not one or two who were having a go at him personally (of which I heard none from my seat a few rows up in line with the away dugout BTW).

All that had happened was the club as a whole was booed off the pitch (no, I didn't and don't) after yet another poor performance-and for the first time since Wilkins took over I believe despite some dire performances?

This simply needs to be dealt with behind closed doors with an apology from El Abd for over reacting.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Yorkie said:
A spur of the moment losing his temper and we're all capable of doing that.
I'm guilty of it and I'm sure you are.

Exactly. I rarely lose my cool but I was incensed at the booing on Saturday. I can understand how El Abd felt but, like the people in the crowd who abuse players, he probably found it difficult to exercise self control, even though, as a professional, he should have done. There are some people at matches who could clearly do with courses in anger management, judging by the way they react. Maybe Adam has a problem in that respect too. His fuse had obviously been lit and he was unable to control his feelings. At least he showed he cared.

I have no time for abuse or booing. Personally I have never felt that paying money gives me the right to do either, but then others think it's OK. It all comes down to one's own standards and personal opinion.

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
fosters headband said:
Exactly Dave. Perry cannot allow double standards.
We are trying to encourage kids to watch the Albion, a fine example El-Abd has given them.

Then we might as well shut the ground. I sat with my son (7years) in F Block. The words ****, fcuk, wanker and bastard we commonly used and more than not aimed at the dugout Loft, Robinson and El-Abd. Fortunately my son was more interested in the game than what was going on around him. Let's face if you go down to the dugout at the end of the game and start chucking shit then as far as I'm concerned you deserve what ever gets thrown back. End of story.

This board has been invaded by a bunch of sanctimonious twats.

Fucksake ... get a grip. It's embarrasing, I bet fans from other clubs who read the board must be pissing themselves

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
The home support at Withdean is pathetic. People abusing Cox and Robinson before kick off (Its Coxs first season and he is still only a teenager for f*cks sake).

People are ready to dish out the abuse to players - you cant compare football to the normal work place. If you worked somewhere and you regularly had a handfull of people calling you a useless c*nt every 5 minutes would you put up with it. If I worked for a bank and a customer came in and called me a usless c*unt every day I would hope that they would close his account and take his business elsewhere if not happy with the product.

Its time the stewards stopped the idiots from going down to the running track and stopping to watch the game. Stay in your seats or f*ck off out the ground.

Yes we were poor again on Saturday - yes I booed but to resort to calling players W*ankers, c*unts, f*cking useless idiots. No wonder the players respond to the away supporters but hate playing in front of IMHO the worst Albion support I have been in with (even at Gillingham we got behind the team).

I met Dean Cox at the sponsors meal and he is a a top bloke. Yes he is a little full of himself but that is why he can change again because he is a player that needs to believe in himself. I bet the abuse really helps him.

All I can say is that some of the idiots who dish out the abuse then cry and moan like little kids when somebody has the cheek to stand up against them.

It just like the idiot at Tranmere who spent 90 minutes abusing Chris Greenacre, he was embarresing and inevitably he scored the 94th minute winner. Lets SUPPORT the team, get behind our players.

If there was prize for biggest moaning pathetic supporters in the country then our Withdean "support" would win every time!

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
Mr Blobby said:
The home support at Withdean is pathetic. People abusing Cox and Robinson before kick off (Its Coxs first season and he is still only a teenager for f*cks sake).

People are ready to dish out the abuse to players - you cant compare football to the normal work place. If you worked somewhere and you regularly had a handfull of people calling you a useless c*nt every 5 minutes would you put up with it. If I worked for a bank and a customer came in and called me a usless c*unt every day I would hope that they would close his account and take his business elsewhere if not happy with the product.

Its time the stewards stopped the idiots from going down to the running track and stopping to watch the game. Stay in your seats or f*ck off out the ground.

Yes we were poor again on Saturday - yes I booed but to resort to calling players W*ankers, c*unts, f*cking useless idiots. No wonder the players respond to the away supporters but hate playing in front of IMHO the worst Albion support I have been in with (even at Gillingham we got behind the team).

I met Dean Cox at the sponsors meal and he is a a top bloke. Yes he is a little full of himself but that is why he can change again because he is a player that needs to believe in himself. I bet the abuse really helps him.

All I can say is that some of the idiots who dish out the abuse then cry and moan like little kids when somebody has the cheek to stand up against them.

It just like the idiot at Tranmere who spent 90 minutes abusing Chris Greenacre, he was embarresing and inevitably he scored the 94th minute winner. Lets SUPPORT the team, get behind our players.

If there was prize for biggest moaning pathetic supporters in the country then our Withdean "support" would win every time!

Now that Sir, is one of the best post in many a year .....

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Mr el Abd has been on the phone to me to apologise through me to all on NSC for his charmless,chavish and gay behaviour.

He is sorry about Saturday as well.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Race said:
what would be your course of action if your boss abused you?

The fans are not his BOSS though are they?

It is obvious El Abd cares but he has overstepped the mark with this outburst.

If it has been LEON Knight all HELL would have broken out.

Fine him, drop him, let him learn his lesson and then move on and start getting behind the team again.

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
Richie Morris said:
Exactly. What I wouldn't give for a few of LEON's 27 goals in THIS league...

What wouldn't MK Dons give for a couple of goals from LK this season ....???

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Richie Morris said:
Exactly. What I wouldn't give for a few of LEON's 27 goals in THIS league...

capslock.jpg

Last edited:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I took my 7 week old son to the game on Saturday. Fair to say that he probably knows more than some at the game about supporting the team.

before the game as I walked along the track I heard 'supporters' having a go at Loft and Robinson DURING THE WARM UP!

Then the game starts and within 30 seconds another group were having a go at Loft.

Now, I'm not for one minute saying that El Abd was right to swaer and gesture at fans. However, I can understand his motivation. The best analogy I can see is that it's a bit like the kid at school who sees other kids being picked on and in trying to defend them, makes matters worse. In this instance, we are talking about players like Robinson and Loft who aren't on fortunes.

From Wilkins perspective, Loft is out of contract in the summer. he has been doing well in the reserves and a decision is required on whether he should get a new contract. How else can he do that without seeing him play a reasonable period in the first team? We cant afford to just go out and buy players so we need to make sensible decisions with what we have. However maany 'fans' obviously know more about football that our coaching staff so obviously they believe it best to abuse players before a game to build their confidence.

But it is a moanfest and it is not all about performances. Booing after a poor performance is understandable, but jeering youngsters before a game is incredible.

Add this to the codswallop spoken on the phone in on saturday and the ongoing 'opinions' on here and if it wasn't for the financial aspect, I would think the whole match day experience would be improved by 'losing' some of the regular whingers next year.

I mean there were even people claiming that Bertin was playing badly on satdi. What game were THEY watching?

I suspect I'll get the usual comments about being a DK apologist etc, but is that really any worse than being someone who spends all the time being negative?

Wilkins has made mistakes - I dont think the diamond works at home and would prefer to see a 442 - but it wasn't that long ago that we were watching players scoring for fun and providing me with the biggest competitive victory I've seen.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
ROSM said:
I took my 7 week old son to the game on Saturday. Fair to say that he probably knows more than some at the game about supporting the team.

before the game as I walked along the track I heard 'supporters' having a go at Loft and Robinson DURING THE WARM UP!

Then the game starts and within 30 seconds another group were having a go at Loft.

Now, I'm not for one minute saying that El Abd was right to swaer and gesture at fans. However, I can understand his motivation. The best analogy I can see is that it's a bit like the kid at school who sees other kids being picked on and in trying to defend them, makes matters worse. In this instance, we are talking about players like Robinson and Loft who aren't on fortunes.

From Wilkins perspective, Loft is out of contract in the summer. he has been doing well in the reserves and a decision is required on whether he should get a new contract. How else can he do that without seeing him play a reasonable period in the first team? We cant afford to just go out and buy players so we need to make sensible decisions with what we have. However maany 'fans' obviously know more about football that our coaching staff so obviously they believe it best to abuse players before a game to build their confidence.

But it is a moanfest and it is not all about performances. Booing after a poor performance is understandable, but jeering youngsters before a game is incredible.

Add this to the codswallop spoken on the phone in on saturday and the ongoing 'opinions' on here and if it wasn't for the financial aspect, I would think the whole match day experience would be improved by 'losing' some of the regular whingers next year.

I mean there were even people claiming that Bertin was playing badly on satdi. What game were THEY watching?

I suspect I'll get the usual comments about being a DK apologist etc, but is that really any worse than being someone who spends all the time being negative?

Wilkins has made mistakes - I dont think the diamond works at home and would prefer to see a 442 - but it wasn't that long ago that we were watching players scoring for fun and providing me with the biggest competitive victory I've seen.

spot on. Brighton fans claim to be some of the best because of what we have put up with with Falmer etc but that does not give the fans an excuse to have a go at players in quite the way that a minority of our 'fans' do

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Rookie said:
spot on. Brighton fans claim to be some of the best because of what we have put up with with Falmer etc but that does not give the fans an excuse to have a go at players in quite the way that a minority of our 'fans' do

The sort of so called fans we could do without really, I appreciate our home form has been bad of late but abusing players before a ball has even been kicked is stupidity at it's greatest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here