Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins has to fine Adam El-Abd

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Well he doesn't have to apologise to me, perhaps the whinging fans should apologise to him.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
fosters headband said:
The supporters are not his boss, they are his customers.

And of course the customer is always right .......

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
bhaexpress said:
And of course the customer is always right .......

You know as well as I do thats not always the case and you just have to stand there and take abuse .
Trying for the good name of your company to help the customer, Hard at time's I know!!

But one thing you dont do if you value your job is to swear at him.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
not really. if i worked in a shop and someone came in and called me a wanker then i wouldn't let them get away with it. they'd get some back

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Woodchip said:
If the queen turned around and called us all a bunch of wankers how would the public react? She is someone that is looked upto, like many kids look upto El-Abd. What is the difference? They are both people that should behave in a certain way when the public eye is on them.

Slight difference between a professional footballer than the queen though. The Queen has a job for life and being born is her only real qualification. Also, we are forced to pay tax to subsidise her whereas we don't have to pay to watch Brighton. Also, there's little doubt that the Queen actually does think she's better than us !

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
fosters headband said:
:lolol: :lolol: You would not last long at Easy Jet booking in desk

Actually the way they retaliate is to refuse your boarding and then keep your money.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
seven stands said:
For F@@k sake let it go everyone. He plays in THE BLUE AND WHITE :nono:. Nice to see a player showing passion :clap2:

there is a vast difference between passion and uncontrolled aggression.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
fosters headband said:
You know as well as I do thats not always the case and you just have to stand there and take abuse .
Trying for the good name of your company to help the customer, Hard at time's I know!!

But one thing you dont do if you value your job is to swear at him.

If the customer becomes abusive he is in no position to complain when he gets it back. Protecting the good name of your company often means defending it, in kind if needs be.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Race said:
not really. if i worked in a shop and someone came in and called me a wanker then i wouldn't let them get away with it. they'd get some back

It is fair to say Guy has recieved a lot of abuse in the past. Had he responded the same way as Adam he would not be at the club now. Just as well he didnt 'let them get away with it'

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
bhaexpress said:
If the customer becomes abusive he is in no position to complain when he gets it back. Protecting the good name of your company often means defending it, in kind if needs be.

No. You politely say I dont have to take this kind of abuse. I will get my manager :lolol: :lolol:

But never come down to his level

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Depends on the individual, I have had occasion to tell people where they get off in my line of work and it's far less confrontational than professional football.

Storm is a teacup and nothing new in the game anyway. Some players sulk, some give back, just like any other human being.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
bhaexpress said:
Depends on the individual, I have had occasion to tell people where they get off in my line of work and it's far less confrontational than professional football.

Storm is a teacup and nothing new in the game anyway. Some players sulk, some give back, just like any other human being.

I agree 100% and if Adam had one fan picking on him I understand his response. But the whole of the south stand?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Do you think he was aiming his fury at 'all of the South Stand' ? Common sense says it was clearly aimed at those who abused him, deservedly so.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Race said:
for being human?

Oh Christ sake Tank, as our club Captain, you saw nothing in El-Abd's behaviour at the final whistle that warrants disciplinary action?

:ohmy:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Race said:

And would it be okay to extent your giving of some back to EVERYONE else in the shop?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here