Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins has to fine Adam El-Abd

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
bhaexpress said:
Do you think he was aiming his fury at 'all of the South Stand' ? Common sense says it was clearly aimed at those who abused him, deservedly so.
That is the point Frank.
I never heard anyone have a go at Adam. So why did he need to do what he did.

William Chops

Feb 3, 2007
dougdeep said:
Well he doesn't have to apologise to me, perhaps the whinging fans should apologise to him.

Maybe you have lower standards in Seaford? In fact, having been there a few times I think it is fair to say you do.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
fosters headband said:
That is the point Frank.
I never heard anyone have a go at Adam. So why did he need to do what he did.

Well seems that many others did, including the player in question.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
whatever happens fine wise should stay behind the scenes. So he had a go back, people give it out can they not take it back?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
fosters headband said:
Really?

I sit behind the dugout. What do they say was said to him?

Write and ask him, are you implying that his spontaneous outburst was completely unfounded ?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
bhaexpress said:
Write and ask him, are you implying that his spontaneous outburst was completely unfounded ?

Yes. I think he responded for the team at fans response.
I think he took it upon himself to speak for them.
I think we are seeing a bit of attitude now from our young players.
Many think they are better than they are.
Joel Lynch to his credit admitted this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Race said:
not really. if i worked in a shop and someone came in and called me a wanker then i wouldn't let them get away with it. they'd get some back

If I worked in a shop I would get myself into a position where someone came in and called me a wanker.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Complete Badger said:
If Joel Lynch thinks he's good, then fair enough, because he IS good.

Adam El-Abd is just a complete yob, who has somehow been let on a football pitch. I can deal with it if Lynch has an attitude (not that he does), I mean at least even Leon Knight, with the biggest attitude of all, had some talent. But, Adam El-Abd ha no natural talent to be a footballer, he's just there because we can't afford better, and he should realise this before he starts his premier league antics again.
Is it only premier league players that misbehave then?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Having spoken to quite a few of the players several times, I can honestly say there isn't one of them with any kind of attitude.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Race said:
for being human?

You cant win race as a player you show no passion youre not fit to wear the shirt you show passion you swear,you show you care and all this shit happens

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Complete Badger said:
I'm sure that's the case with most of them, but how else can you explain El-Abd's reaction?

A spur of the moment losing his temper and we're all capable of doing that.
I'm guilty of it and I'm sure you are.

stig

I hate Tim and Matty B
Mar 27, 2007
I would rather adam shoed the passion he did than walk off like nothing had happened. Can you imagine leon knight or CKR doing it? El-Abd is a brighton lad, he wants to do well and people booing and hurling abuse his way deserve some mouth back.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
To me this is a distraction from the main issue of the moment which is why are we back in danger of being relegated. So he lost his rag, so what? It's a game where emotions run deep.
No, the main focus surely has to be on why are things going wrong on the pitch. Is the diamond formation working? Is Wilkins picking the right players etc? We are not safe.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yorkie said:
Having spoken to quite a few of the players several times, I can honestly say there isn't one of them with any kind of attitude.

According to my sources Cox has a bit of an attitude. You only have to look at the picture of him in the programme with diamond ear studs to see this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here