Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins has to fine Adam El-Abd

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tubthumper said:
According to my sources Cox has a bit of an attitude. You only have to look at the picture of him in the programme with diamond ear studs to see this.

:lolol:

Go to one of the reserve matches at Worthing. He comes to watch his mates. He stands right by the railing in the freezing cold and cheers them on. He's quite approachable.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
I only have one thing to say on this matter, and that is:Why cant everyone just shut the f*** up about Adam El-Abd, what he did may not have been correct, but he is only human, and too many fans give out personal abuse, but cant take it back.
Brighton And Hove Albion will deal with the issue when ,and if, they see fit. In the meen time can we just get on with supporting our team, they really, really dont need all this negativity.

And yes i was there yesterday.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Tubthumper said:
According to my sources Cox has a bit of an attitude. You only have to look at the picture of him in the programme with diamond ear studs to see this.

he has an attitude because he wears a ear stud!!!! Most young footballers wear a ear stud it has nothing to do with attitude it has more to do with fashion

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Woodchip said:
If the queen turned around and called us all a bunch of wankers how would the public react?

She'd probably go up in our estimation. :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Rookie said:
he has an attitude because he wears a ear stud!!!! Most young footballers wear a ear stud it has nothing to do with attitude it has more to do with fashion

Bling bling fashion is all about attitude and little else in my opinion.

P.S. I said studs, i.e. plural.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
How does what Adam did equate to two weeks wages, he is a great player for the Albion. He lost it for a moment and took the crowds boos, cheers, taunts to heart.

As I said before we were walking out and none of the fans reacted badly, if anything most people were bemused by the reaction.

I am sure he will apologise and feel a bit of a muppet, I would rather see continue with his junior seagulls training sessions for the kids.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Horton's halftime iceberg said:
How does what Adam did equate to two weeks wages, he is a great player for the Albion. He lost it for a moment and took the crowds boos, cheers, taunts to heart.

As I said before we were walking out and none of the fans reacted badly, if anything most people were bemused by the reaction.

I am sure he will apologise and feel a bit of a muppet, I would rather see continue with his junior seagulls training sessions for the kids.

Word.

It was a one-off from a player who is 100% Albion.

An apology will be quite enough of a punsihment. Plus the grief he's bound to have got from the Deans.

People tend to forget is still a young lad just because he's mature beyond his years on the pitch.

Adam El-Bad = Albion LEGEND :clap:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Tubthumper said:
You only have to look at the picture of him in the programme with diamond ear studs to see this.

Blimey, pretty much conclusive evidence then.

Cox does have a attitude, if you watch him on the pitch he is an arsey little bastard. He is aware of what a good little player he is and has a massive desire to win. He can retain all that attitude he likes as far as I'm concerned.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dean Cox was watching a Sunday League game this morning, because his mate was playing, my son asked him about yesterdays game and all he would say was the players are absolutely gutted that they didnt win. He wouldnt comment on the Adam El Abd incidernt. he adopted the sensible Arsene Wenger approach sorry I didnt see what happened.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't see it merits being thrown out of the club, fined a million quid, dropped etc.

But I can totally understand why the crowd would be pissed off with his reaction.

The booing at the end wasn't aimed specifically at El-Abd, and nor can I recall any abuse being particularly hurled at him, it was just the crowd's understandable reaction to a performance which had a lot of people thinking the players have already packed their suitcases and heading for the beach. Following the previous insipid, dispassionate and frankly tedious home performance, it's all becoming pretty hard for the fans to swallow- especially coming within days of the club begging us to shell out another £450 for the privilege of more of the same next year.

I doubt very much that the players really don't give a shit, but that's how it's coming across lately. If you're a professional footballer, then you know the score. It's the same the world over- if the team plays crap, and perhaps more importantly, don't look capable or interested in doing a thing about it, then the crowd will voice their opinion.

If you don't want to deal with that, then don't be a footballer, simple. And if you want to gob off at the paying public, that's up to you, but don't expect the crowd to be singing your name next time you turn out to play...

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
To be honest I think an apology would probably cover it and allow everyone to move on.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I suppose the bottom line is here that this is a them and us situation.

If you were stood next to a copper or steward and you turned around and called someone near you, or all of them near you, "f***ing c***s", then you would expect, as per Perry's proclamaition in the programme to be arrested and banned.

Adam El Abd did just that...whatever the justification...he did just that.

That is it!

Now, what do you recon will happen?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
edna krabappel said:
I doubt very much that the players really don't give a shit, but that's how it's coming across lately. If you're a professional footballer, then you know the score. It's the same the world over- if the team plays crap, and perhaps more importantly, don't look capable or interested in doing a thing about it, then the crowd will voice their opinion.

Most of the team are young lads. After 50 plus games gruelling games this season (that Johnstons Piss Pot has a lot to answer for) they're just plain knackered IMHO. Blame Dick Knight for putting them in that position. And beyond THAT blame LDC and ultimately Archer and all his little elves.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Dave the Gaffer said:

If you were stood next to a copper or steward and you turned around and called someone near you, or all of them near you, "f***ing c***s", then you would expect, as per Perry's proclamaition in the programme to be arrested and banned.

That is it!

Exactly Dave. Perry cannot allow double standards.
We are trying to encourage kids to watch the Albion, a fine example El-Abd has given them.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
fosters headband said:
Exactly Dave. Perry cannot allow double standards.
We are trying to encourage kids to watch the Albion, a fine example El-Abd has given them.

Yeah, his example is almost as bad as the fans that think its alright to swear at and abuse the players.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Dave the Gaffer said:

That is it!

No idea :lolol:

But in response to those who said he's only a lad responding reasonably to unpleasant abuse: where would we be if everyone did that?

If you work for, say, Barclays, and a customer comes in to say he thinks the bank is rubbish and he's taking his business elsewhere, do you tell him he's a f***ing twattwattwattwat and give him a wanker sign through the glass partition?

FFS, I spend half my life having people moan at me that they pay my wages, and I'd bet I've been called more offensive names than any footballer has (one one occasion, funnily enough, by one Adam El Abd), but if I turned around one day and called them all ****s, I'd be fired.

*PS before anybody asks, I don't think for a second he should be fired, or even fined, but equally I'd imagine he'll have to perform extremely well over the next few games to earn the crowd's respect after his outburst.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
edna krabappel said:

FFS, I spend half my life having people moan at me that they pay my wages, and I'd bet I've been called more offensive names than any footballer has (one one occasion, funnily enough, by one Adam El Abd), but if I turned around one day and called them all ****s, I'd be fired.

But at least you can give them a good SHOEING in the cells, when they 'fall down the stairs'

I watch Life on Mars, it's on the BBC, so it MUST be true

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Les Biehn said:
Yeah, his example is almost as bad as the fans that think its alright to swear at and abuse the players.

I am afraid kids dont look up the fans Les, but they do to the players.
One of my grandsons proudest possesions is a photograph of him with Joel, Bassa and Adam El-Abd.
So if my grandson swears at me, he will say well Adam does it!!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here