Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins has to fine Adam El-Abd

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
ali jenkins said:
You have to be hypocritical on here to be accepted!

One minuite everyone is moaning that the players dont look like they want to win anymore, and dont give 100% in the games, and then as soon as someone shows a bit of heart they slag him off and say that hes just a thug!

And to be honest, if someone was shouting abuse at you for 2 hours you would be pretty pissed off, and i would probably tell them to f*** off aswell!

yea but 2 hours of abuse, compared to the goodness knows how many hours of s**t football El-Abd has played for us this season, i honestly say i don't think he is good enough for conference football. He is no CB, no CM, no DM and is at most a below average RB. I mean we have beter players then him in every position that he claims to play yet Wilkins still picks him week in week out.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
Rubbish, he has played several games at left back this year.

Every game that i have been able to see he has been at CB, apart from when he came back from his back injury and he was sub.

Which games was he playing at LB?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
logan89 said:
Lynch is a CB, and has played CB all year so i don't know why he is in the list.

And besides Revell and Lynch the others will be lucky to get in the side, let alone in there favourite position.

I've seen most matches and seem to recall Lynch playing LB - I could be wrong.

lucky to get in the side maybe, but why bring a tenacious central midfielder (Fraser) through the School of Excellence and then expect him to become an overlapping ball playing right midfielder in the first team?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
He IS a CB, and that is where in a couple of years maximum he will be playing in the Premiership. Our one real Quality player.

However he has played LB in at least half a dozen games earlier in the season.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think he started the season as a left back and has been moved out there, sporadically, for tactical reasons - Certainly when Hinsh came back into the side.

I really don't see the problem of moving players to different positions. Deano said that they have worked tirelessly at the youth set up to make sure that the players can adapt and fit into a number of roles.

However, you could say 'Jack of all trades...'.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
He IS a CB, and that is where in a couple of years maximum he will be playing in the Premiership. Our one real Quality player.

However he has played LB in at least half a dozen games earlier in the season.

Thank you. I agree he is a very promising CB and by far our most prized asset.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
timbha said:
but why bring a tenacious central midfielder (Fraser) through the School of Excellence and then expect him to become an overlapping ball playing right midfielder in the first team? [/B]

Exactly - why play Fraser Right midfield - either play him in the middle or leave him out.

What has OGH done that is so wrong to not be playing there at the moment? (Or even on the bench?)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
timbha said:
why bring a tenacious central midfielder (Fraser) through the School of Excellence and then expect him to become an overlapping ball playing right midfielder in the first team?
That is spot on.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
still havn't listed them, this maybe when Mayo was banned and Rents was still unused so didn't realy know about him. So who else are we going to put there? El-Abd

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
Exactly - why play Fraser Right midfield - either play him in the middle or leave him out.

What has OGH done that is so wrong to not be playing there at the moment? (Or even on the bench?)

Something that I have been asking for the last few weeks.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Barrel of Fun said:
Deano said that they have worked tirelessly at the youth set up to make sure that the players can adapt and fit into a number of roles.

However, you could say 'Jack of all trades...'.

recent performances and results seem to support your final point. There are a few examples of where it has worked, eg Virgo, Hart, but so many where it hasn't.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:

Well if the rumours on here are to be believed then one more game and OGH has to be offered a new contract at his current rate of pay!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
British Bulldog said:
Well if the rumours on here are to be believed then one more game and OGH has to be offered a new contract at his current rate of pay!

I haven't ever said it was a rumour. He told me himself (although the word pay wasn't mentioned)

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Yorkie said:
I haven't ever said it was a rumour. He told me himself

Well thats the answer then Yorkie it looks like he'll be on the road in the summer.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
British Bulldog said:
Well thats the answer then Yorkie it looks like he'll be on the road in the summer.
At the time it was 2 games he needed but Johnboy said he played at Tranmere so there is still time. Hopefully this Saturday instead of Fraser.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
Don't have a programme to hand.

Check out when Rents/Mayo didn't play and I suspect you'll have the answer.

Same, no programme.

Anyway, why should i look to try and prove you right. I mean you say a point which i am willing to believe but can't back it up.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Yorkie said:
At the time it was 2 games he needed but Johnboy said he played at Tranmere so there is still time. Hopefully this Saturday instead of Fraser.

I'd like to see him stay and be a regular in the side but I get the feeling there's going to be some big decisions made on some of our experienced players during the summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here