Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is everyone creaming themselves?

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
Hugo Diego Arismendi Ciapparetta
:clap:

Bloody LOVE those south american names and how they shorten them.
Oh and his International career so far includes a friendly against NORWAY (2-2) and a WORLD CUP QUALIFIER aganist BOLIVIA (2-2).

My flairometer has just EXPLODED

Yes. We could shorten it to parett :thumbsup:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
If he scores on his debut, I'm getting a brand new shirt with his name on. Fact.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
depressed1.jpg

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
For the love of God:wozza:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Big money flop?

Robbie Savage anyone?

Pointless defensive midfield signing?
Jeez what is it with you? I mean, seriously, what is it? Yes he may well turn out to be this season's Robbie Savage, he may well be a completely overrated donkey who got picked by Uraguay (and signed by Stoke) because he was mistaken for someone else, he may well be an arrogant twat who thinks playing in League One is beneath him, worse he might start off ok and then succumb to the 'started off good then became shit' disease that all too many of our loan signings seem to suffer from.

But so what? All that's for the future. For now can't you just be MILDLY excited at the fact that we've signed an international from a Premiership club as opposed to yet another non-league prospect who was once an apprentice at somewhere like Crewe? Even I'm a bit excited!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
What's worse is you aren't even on here properly debating your view.

So really...

:shutup:

Indeed, you want me to "properly debate my view" and yet also want me to "shut up". Genius.

indeed

which would indicate that his objective was - as ever - just to wind people up

wanker really:shrug:

Or perhaps it would indicate that I haven't had much access to a computer today - only fleetingly. My second reply to this thread was on my phone.

Still, I'm here now..

I was going to say that maybe the maestro of misery had a point and that we should perhaps wait and see whether Diego does indeed prove to be worth his £3M price tag, but quite frankly this post has swayed me. So what if he's shit when he plays? Until then he's a world-beating destroyer!

I can get excited about signings - but I'd like to think I'm not going to go overboard.

Of course it's good that we're getting in a premiership player who cost more than I'll ever earn - but there's no point getting carried away before he's ever played a game...

Blobby Savage was just an overpaid tart at the arse end of his career. Diego is flair. FACT.

Like this.

He's a defensive midfielder - just because he's called Diego, doesn't mean he's good.

How DARE we sign up a £ 3 000 000 player. The BLOODY nerve of Poyet and Bloom. :rant:

Who said it was a bad thing? Nobody.
I simply had the 'cheek' to point out that until we've seen him play, there's not much point bigging him up to be the League 1 Ronaldo, especially when his CV suggests otherwise (along with the fact that he's moved to this division, and not the Championship).

Abso f***ing zactly

THIS IS REASON ALONE TO GET A LITTLE EXCITED.

A bone fide SOUTH AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL.

Not a Welsh Under 21. Not a third choice uncapped Scot who's made the national side for the first time. Not even the captain of Turkmenistan.

He will be SKILLS on a stick

Will he?
Trying to think of defensive midfielders with "skills on a stick".

Nope.

Yes, he has.

Indeed, there aren't many on here that can call themselves a reigning NSC 6-a-side CHAMPION! :jester:

Just a quick question for you WW....

Why do you support the Albion? (Serious question)

For the same reasons as you perhaps?

I enjoy it.

*Shock, horror*

I enjoy all the "thrills and spills" of being a football fan. I'm CHUFFED when we win, gutted when we lose.

The Albion - my local team, the only team i genuinely care about, the only team I pay to watch, the only team I truly want to succeed, and a team that offer me a particlarly rewarding social activity in the form of going to football with friends.

Still, feel free to assume that not following sheep and daring to look at both sides to a story automatically means I want us to lose.

This new bloke - he MIGHT be good. But the overreaction on here today has, for me, been quite incredible.

We've signed a reserve from Stoke in a position where we're currently performing well anyway.

Yes, it's probably a decent addition to the squad. But is it a proven goalscorer who is going to get us the 30+ goals needed to get out of this division? No. If we got one of them, then I'd be "creaming myself".

Still, all of you, feel free to continue to call me a twat for daring to have an opinon.:thumbsup:

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Indeed, you want me to "properly debate my view" and yet also want me to "shut up". Genius.

Or perhaps it would indicate that I haven't had much access to a computer today - only fleetingly. My second reply to this thread was on my phone.

Still, I'm here now..

I can get excited about signings - but I'd like to think I'm not going to go overboard.

Of course it's good that we're getting in a premiership player who cost more than I'll ever earn - but there's no point getting carried away before he's ever played a game...

Like this.

He's a defensive midfielder - just because he's called Diego, doesn't mean he's good.

Who said it was a bad thing? Nobody.
I simply had the 'cheek' to point out that until we've seen him play, there's not much point bigging him up to be the League 1 Ronaldo, especially when his CV suggests otherwise (along with the fact that he's moved to this division, and not the Championship).

Will he?
Trying to think of defensive midfielders with "skills on a stick".

Nope.

Indeed, there aren't many on here that can call themselves a reigning NSC 6-a-side CHAMPION! :jester:

For the same reasons as you perhaps?

I enjoy it.

*Shock, horror*

I enjoy all the "thrills and spills" of being a football fan. I'm CHUFFED when we win, gutted when we lose.

The Albion - my local team, the only team i genuinely care about, the only team I pay to watch, the only team I truly want to succeed, and a team that offer me a particlarly rewarding social activity in the form of going to football with friends.

Still, feel free to assume that not following sheep and daring to look at both sides to a story automatically means I want us to lose.

This new bloke - he MIGHT be good. But the overreaction on here today has, for me, been quite incredible.

We've signed a reserve from Stoke in a position where we're currently performing well anyway.

Yes, it's probably a decent addition to the squad. But is it a proven goalscorer who is going to get us the 30+ goals needed to get out of this division? No. If we got one of them, then I'd be "creaming myself".

Still, all of you, feel free to continue to call me a twat for daring to have an opinon.:thumbsup:

you sound just like my dad:bla:

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
Whilst it is great that we now have a manager who can sort deals like this WW has in a roundabout way raised one point that also concerns me . Our midfield of Crofts /Dicker/ Navarro with the two wide players has been growing in confidence which is IMHO one of the reasons for our upturn in form. This Diego fella may or may not be flair , but realisically we wont be paying £3 for him longer term so I would prefer to see our current setup given a longer run to continue growing and mature into what I believe could be one of the best mids in the division. He will only have been loaned on the basis that he gets games so who does Poyet leave out ?

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
there's not much point bigging him up to be the League 1 Ronaldo, especially when his CV suggests otherwise (along with the fact that he's moved to this division, and not the Championship).
:

Eh? So you're not excited by this signing because he has joined a League One side (Us) rather than a Championship side (Not Us). Ergo, you'd be more excited by him signing for a Championship side (Not Us) than a League One side (Us)?

WHAT THE f***?

And one other thing, when was the last time we signed a player who had moved for £2.5million within the last 6 months?? Savage's market value when we got him on loan last would've been, what, £1m perhaps....

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Eh? So you're not excited by this signing because he has joined a League One side (Us) rather than a Championship side (Not Us). Ergo, you'd be more excited by him signing for a Championship side (Not Us) than a League One side (Us)?

WHAT THE f***?

And one other thing, when was the last time we signed a player who had moved for £2.5million within the last 6 months?? Savage's market value when we got him on loan last would've been, what, £1m perhaps....

Did I say that? No. I just think that, in reality, if he was as good as many are assuming, he wouldn't be dropping down to League One.

Although having had a bit of a browse around the web, it does suggest that this move is more about helping him settle in the country, with another Uraguayan helping him out being a bigger factor than the standard of football he'll be playing.

In answer to your second point - doubt we have - but when has a players price tag been a guarantee of their ability?

*cough* Adam Virgo *cough*

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Did I say that? No. I just think that, in reality, if he was as good as many are assuming, he wouldn't be dropping down to League One.

Although having had a bit of a browse around the web, it does suggest that this move is more about helping him settle in the country, with another Uraguayan helping him out being a bigger factor than the standard of football he'll be playing.

In answer to your second point - doubt we have - but when has a players price tag been a guarantee of their ability?

*cough* Adam Virgo *cough*

I think your last point is the one with which people are struggling. No one can 'guarantee his ability', but lots of people are justifiably pleased: he has a wonderful name, cost over 2 million and is undeniably flair tastic. Are we not allowed, just until he's played, to imagine him in a very positive light?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
To be honest WW could wrte a 1000 word essay on all the good things about the club and then on the last line say something that is SLIGHTLY negative and nearly everyone on here would ONLY pick up on that and start calling him all the names under the sun and demanding that he gets banned!

I think NSC is mainly a huge jump onto a bandwagon!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Big money flop?

Robbie Savage anyone?

Pointless defensive midfield signing?

People are 'creaming themselves' because they are football fans - that is what we do.

We get excited at the start of the season and dream of promotion

We get excited at the start of a cup run and dream of getting to Wembley.

We get excited when new players are brought in because that means we can dream of them getting us promoted.

We get excited when a new manager is appointed, because it might mean we are about to be launched up the league.

Excitement is what we do because it's part and parcel of being a football fan.

He might turn out to be a rubbish signing but at this precise moment in time, that's not the point.

It's all about the pure, unadulterated FUN and EXCITEMENT of being a fan of OUR club.

That's why people are creaming themselves.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
People are 'creaming themselves' because they are football fans - that is what we do.

We get excited at the start of the season and dream of promotion

We get excited at the start of a cup run and dream of getting to Wembley.

We get excited when new players are brought in because that means we can dream of them getting us promoted.

We get excited when a new manager is appointed, because it might mean we are about to be launched up the league.

Excitement is what we do because it's part and parcel of being a football fan.

He might turn out to be a rubbish signing but at this precise moment in time, that's not the point.

It's all about the pure, unadulterated FUN and EXCITEMENT of being a fan of OUR club.

That's why people are creaming themselves.

Fantastic post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here