Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is everyone creaming themselves?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Were now playing 4-5-1, and it's working. If one of Dicker/Navarro/Crofts gets injured, we'd have no-one (decent) to step into that formation. Now we do. Previously, we'd have to revert back to 4-4-2, and probably lose.

He is far from a pointless signing.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Anychance you could "wander" from withdean down to the seafront and off the end of the pier you miserable old bastard....? Christ, you make me look like an optimist.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He is right, this guy could be a sack of horseshit, but he also could be the best thing for our midfield since Alan Curbishley.

Well, he can only aspire. Let's not OVERLY burden
Hugo Diego Arismendi Ciapperetta with THAT kind of pressure just yet...

Dandyman

In London village.
Anychance you could "wander" from withdean down to the seafront and off the end of the pier you miserable old bastard....? Christ, you make me look like an optimist.

Miserable young bastard, I think you'll find.

Dandyman

In London village.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
While I was one of those quick to rain on the parade of people celebrating the signing of someone we don't know anything about, I will say the equivalent of about half a game of football, when he is coming back from injury, having been in the reserves for his parent club for months before that might just be a bit too soon for you to be gloating, WW.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
While I was one of those quick to rain on the parade of people celebrating the signing of someone we don't know anything about, I will say the equivalent of about half a game of football, when he is coming back from injury, having been in the reserves for his parent club for months before that might just be a bit too soon for you to be gloating, WW.

Quite.

Half way through his loan spell and he's spent most of the time in the treatment room, and now has found his way into the team and is yet to do anything.

A month to go, hopefully he'll prove to be more than a total waste of wages.

Still, I'll assume you aren't one of the hundreds who decided to gloat on the other thread I started a few weeks back, regardless of "how soon" it was...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Still, I'll assume you aren't one of the hundreds who decided to gloat on the other thread I started a few weeks back, regardless of "how soon" it was...

I don't believe I did. However, the point of that thread was "he didn't sign anyone, clearly he has no contacts" by signing people one from a premier league club with international experience, one from a championship club with premier league and international experience. He has proved the last thread wrong. That thread isn't about good signings, it was about signings. Not really "too soon".

This thread is the one about the quality of the signing, and until seeing him fit and playing for more than 25 minutes at a time in a game already in progress, it is too soon to comment on that quality, or absence of it.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Quite.

Half way through his loan spell and he's spent most of the time in the treatment room, and now has found his way into the team and is yet to do anything.

I see you and you're equally nerdy bum chum have returned as soon as we lose. Just prove everything I have always thought....

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I don't believe I did. However, the point of that thread was "he didn't sign anyone, clearly he has no contacts" by signing people one from a premier league club with international experience, one from a championship club with premier league and international experience. He has proved the last thread wrong. That thread isn't about good signings, it was about signings. Not really "too soon".

This thread is the one about the quality of the signing, and until seeing him fit and playing for more than 25 minutes at a time in a game already in progress, it is too soon to comment on that quality, or absence of it.

Er I think I'm in a slightly better position to tell you what the threads were about, given that I started them!

The first one was in response to everyone harping on about Poyet having amazing contacts and that we were going to spend £4m in January.

Fortunately, he has made bloody good use of the loan window, as Dean White did last year, and has also picked up a class act in Calderon.

This thread is about people getting overexcited about a player signing purely because of his transfer fee and current club. As clearly outlined in the first post, a big name means bugger all, and people would do well not to get so stupidly carried away in future.

Again, hopefully the bloke will prove not to be a total waste of wages and will contribute something to this decent end of season run we're having. But the last month would do well to act as a reminder to some not to get too carried away....

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I see you and you're equally nerdy bum chum have returned as soon as we lose. Just prove everything I have always thought....

as I said to the dick head on the other thread, you'll also see me 'returning' when we absolutely shat on tranmere the Saturday before last.

But of course, you chose to ignore that, because it suits your agenda.

Prick.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Quite.

Why do you do it?

Either Arismendi is going to end up playing well and you're going to look doube the idiot that you would have done. Or, you could be proved right that he wasn't a great signing but everyone will still think you're acting like a dickhead for telling everyone not to get excited about new signings and seemingly taking pleasure in gloating about one of our players not performing well.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
as I said to the dick head on the other thread, you'll also see me 'returning' when we absolutely shat on tranmere the Saturday before last.

But of course, you chose to ignore that, because it suits your agenda.

Prick.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Great stuff. Not sad enough to check but I reckon you have posted around 10 times tonight since we lost and maybe once last Saturday?

Still, I'm the prick aren't I?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Withdean Wanderer OWNING about 50 posters in one SWOOP - lovely work:clap:

I'm not going to criticise Diego because the fact we have a URUGUAYAN is more than enough for me, but some people on this thread look very stupid.

.............and here comes his faithful pooch to give him a reacharound. You couldn't make it up!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
:nono: I bet the gruesome twosome are ecstatic that we lost today. It beggars belief that these two call themselves fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here