Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is everyone creaming themselves?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have hardly been a ray of sunshine recently but this must set some new sort of benchmark for negativity for WW.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Squad wise we are INCREDIBLY short of central midfielders. We have 3. We play 3. Otherwise there's...Jamie Smith and Adam El Abd. We definitely need more quality cover for central midfield. This is it.

Absolutely. We need all the top quality players we can get. I still believe us to be in a relegation battle.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Squad wise we are INCREDIBLY short of central midfielders. We have 3. We play 3. Otherwise there's...Jamie Smith and Adam El Abd. We definitely need more quality cover for central midfield. This is it.

Agreed.

There are a couple of other options, though;

Cox, although clearly WAY out of favour.

Calderon - we were told when he signed, that he plays RB, CB or CM. However, he's doing brilliantly where he is, and we'd not want to move him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Have we EVER had a player in the stripes who has played at International level for a South American country ? I think not.

DIZZYING days at the Withers.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Have we EVER had a player in the stripes who has played at International level for a South American country ? I think not.

DIZZYING days at the Withers.

Abso f***ing zactly

THIS IS REASON ALONE TO GET A LITTLE EXCITED.

A bone fide SOUTH AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL.

Not a Welsh Under 21. Not a third choice uncapped Scot who's made the national side for the first time. Not even the captain of Turkmenistan.

He will be SKILLS on a stick

Jo did a pretty good job for us when we played Manchester City. But I don't remember him wearing stripes.

I think you'll find he was........:laugh:
Brighton+Hove+Albion+v+Manchester+City+Carling+pIxxEvjM7wHl.jpg

awayshirtls2.jpg

Last edited:

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
yes because i remember the north stand taking the piss out of the way he complained to the ref in his argy accent

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hugo Diego Arismendi Ciapparetta
:clap:

Bloody LOVE those south american names and how they shorten them.
Oh and his International career so far includes a friendly against NORWAY (2-2) and a WORLD CUP QUALIFIER aganist BOLIVIA (2-2).

My flairometer has just EXPLODED

Public Pervert

Rakehell
Feb 19, 2010
Hugo Diego Arismendi Ciapparetta
:clap:

Bloody LOVE those south american names and how they shorten them

Me too, makes me want to read 100 Years of Solitude again. Now that's what I call poignant.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I'm not fishing or attention seeking, I just don't understand the level of excitement. We have just signed a reserve player from stoke. We currently have a loan player from ARSENAL who can't get in the team due to being shit. Yes, he's an international. But so is craig davies, and he is also shit. Just because stoke paid money for him, doesn't mean they didn't sign a dud. Also, our five man midfield has been superb of late - what happened to if it aint broke don't fix it?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes, he's an international. But so is craig davies, and he is also shit.

This is an excellent point of course.
Craig Davies has played International football for Wales (ranked 77th), whereas Arismenti has only represented Argentina.

Send him back NOW Gus. LISTEN to the people in the know, before its too late.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This is an excellent point of course.
Craig Davies has played International football for Wales (ranked 77th), whereas Arismenti has only represented Argentina.

Send him back NOW Gus. LISTEN to the people in the know, before its too late.

Uruguay. :dunce:

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I'm not fishing or attention seeking, I just don't understand the level of excitement. We have just signed a reserve player from stoke. We currently have a loan player from ARSENAL who can't get in the team due to being shit. Yes, he's an international. But so is craig davies, and he is also shit. Just because stoke paid money for him, doesn't mean they didn't sign a dud. Also, our five man midfield has been superb of late - what happened to if it aint broke don't fix it?

just out of interest, have you ever played football?

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
Does it really matter if he's not a star?

Life can be tough when you're a passionate albion fan like alot of us are.

You get used to other clubs making the big signings/loans and you hope one day that'll be your club doing that kind of thing.

So when something like this happens you can't blame the fans for getting excited by it.

This is the kind of thing that will make alot of fans day and thats a very good thing.

God knows we deserve to dream a little.

Maybe he won't turn out to be a superstar, but at least for today this is one of those moments I think we as fans can let ourselves get carried away for a moment even if the reality of the situation never quite matches to our expectations.

Well said sir :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here