Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is everyone creaming themselves?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This chap is foreign. Foreigners are better players. Fact.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Don't be such a numpty. It is not so much the player, exciting as it is. It is the message it sends out to our rivals and that message is " BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION ARE f***ing BACK !. "

Now STOP being such a NEGATIVE bastard.

This. That. And all the rest.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Yeah cause we're just TOO optimistic all the time aren't we?

I mean as a club we must have the most deludedly happy bunch of fans in the country, if not the world.

The CAULDRON of delighted spectators at the Withdean for each home game is frankly TOO MUCH for me sometimes and I yearn for somebody to shout out a negative comment at one of our overperforming players, just to bring them back down to earth.

After all, what good is positive encouragement for a team who clearly THRIVE on moans and complaints?

Could we all just CALM DOWN a little, in case we actually win a third game in a row. Exactly where are we going to direct our whinging if the team keep turning in good performaces week in week out?

And as for signing players, what an absolute joke. We should be a SELLING club, not one with ambitions to play at a higher level.

Some of this positivity is frankly taking the piss. If we fill the away end on Monday AND come away with a result I shall know who to blame.

GET A GRIP

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yeah cause we're just TOO optimistic all the time aren't we?

I mean as a club we must have the most deludedly happy bunch of fans in the country, if not the world.

The CAULDRON of delighted spectators at the Withdean for each home game is frankly TOO MUCH for me sometimes and I yearn for somebody to shout out a negative comment at one of our overperforming players, just to bring them back down to earth.

After all, what good is positive encouragement for a team who clearly THRIVE on moans and complaints?

Could we all just CALM DOWN a little, in case we actually win a third game in a row. Exactly where are we going to direct our whinging if the team keep turning in good performaces week in week out?

And as for signing players, what an absolute joke. We should be a SELLING club, not one with ambitions to play at a higher level.

Some of this positivity is frankly taking the piss. If we fill the away end on Monday AND come away with a result I shall know who to blame.

GET A GRIP

Brilliant post.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Out of interest, at which age do people realise that, if you're in a hole, it's far better to stop digging? Because...well, just how far short of the age at which that happens is this bizarre little entity?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
grumpy.jpg

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
If I was a MOD i'd BAN him for being a TWAT!

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
I'd say the main difference between him and Savage is that Savage came here trying to save his career. This kid wants to show Stoke what he can do. I can't see Poyet bringing in a player who isn't going to try. :thumbsup:

Seaford Seagull

BHAFC 'til I die
Mar 4, 2005
Sussex (By the sea)
Does it really matter if he's not a star?

Life can be tough when you're a passionate albion fan like alot of us are.

You get used to other clubs making the big signings/loans and you hope one day that'll be your club doing that kind of thing.

So when something like this happens you can't blame the fans for getting excited by it.

This is the kind of thing that will make alot of fans day and thats a very good thing.

God knows we deserve to dream a little.

Maybe he won't turn out to be a superstar, but at least for today this is one of those moments I think we as fans can let ourselves get carried away for a moment even if the reality of the situation never quite matches to our expectations.

this

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Does it really matter if he's not a star?

Life can be tough when you're a passionate albion fan like alot of us are.

You get used to other clubs making the big signings/loans and you hope one day that'll be your club doing that kind of thing.

So when something like this happens you can't blame the fans for getting excited by it.

This is the kind of thing that will make alot of fans day and thats a very good thing.

God knows we deserve to dream a little.

Maybe he won't turn out to be a superstar, but at least for today this is one of those moments I think we as fans can let ourselves get carried away for a moment even if the reality of the situation never quite matches to our expectations.
I was going to say that maybe the maestro of misery had a point and that we should perhaps wait and see whether Diego does indeed prove to be worth his £3M price tag, but quite frankly this post has swayed me. So what if he's shit when he plays? Until then he's a world-beating destroyer!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Even I am not negative enough to get all WHINGEY about us actually signing someone...

I do see the point that his position is one in which we are probably not short of options. But there is nothing wrong with bringing better players in, which he may prove to be.

Lets give the guy a chance. He may be rubbish. He may be great. Nobody can possibly tell yet.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
I don't believe it, when was the last time if ever that we had a player that was worth this sort of money, even if it is on loan. It puts out a message about the quality of players we are interested in. Only WW could find a negative in that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I do see the point that his position is one in which we are probably not short of options.

Squad wise we are INCREDIBLY short of central midfielders. We have 3. We play 3. Otherwise there's...Jamie Smith and Adam El Abd. We definitely need more quality cover for central midfield. This is it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I don't believe it, when was the last time if ever that we had a player that was worth this sort of money, even if it is on loan. It puts out a message about the quality of players we are interested in. Only WW could find a negative in that.

How DARE we sign up a £ 3 000 000 player. The BLOODY nerve of Poyet and Bloom. :rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here