Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who were the f***ing wankers......

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Oh Loooord Guiness Dave. :bowdown:

I went on holiday/and University with a chap who served in Belfast (I think?) and he had metal plates all over his body. The 'No Surrender' gang who latch onto the whole shenanigan look incredibly foolish in my opinion.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
"He" is neither an IRA sympathiser or an aggressive defender of republicanism. But actually, "No Surrender" has little to do with the IRA and is predominantly an anti-Irish chant. For sure, it wouldn't go down well with most people ANYWHERE in Northern Ireland.

Oh God, Ros - you are going to confuse them now. Give them a quick history about the Belfast Brigade please..! The only "No Surrender" these idiots know is the "No Surrender to the IRA" one.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
"He" is neither an IRA sympathiser or an aggressive defender of republicanism. But actually, "No Surrender" has little to do with the IRA and is predominantly an anti-Irish chant. For sure, it wouldn't go down well with most people ANYWHERE in Northern Ireland.

Are you sure about the "ANYWHERE" quote.......
Only asking as ive heard Northern Irish lads singing it here......

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
.....in the right side today?

I had a top day today up at Hudds, totally ruined by the :tosser:
who were more interested in going on about the f***ing IRA than
supporting the Albion!

We were ashamed of you small minded pricks, you have no place
at the Albion.

(just in case you didn't get it) You little children let the side down
very badly! :tosser:

Why? You need to get a f***ing life mate! :lolol:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Sometimes morons like that can go almost un-noticed as they slip under the radar by joining in with the normal chants and you can run the risk of labelling them twats just by their hair-cut, clothing and general demeanor.. which can often be wrong!

It's quite nice when they clearly identify themselves as fuckwits by singing songs like this I think.

Maybe they should do it more often? Definately made me feel like a better human being.. anyone else??

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Is it me but they only appear at games we play with bigger crowds. Most people on here that go regualry to games will recognise faces, so when I travel I may not know your name or who you are but I may recognise you as a Brighton fan.

The few times I have seen people parading as Brighton fans and being offensive, I have then never seen them again. A guy I saw being really racist up at Palace the other year, I have only ever seen once again.

Who on here who went to Huddersfield can say they recgognised these idoits as Brighton fans, and if so how many games do they attend and why have I never heard this chant by anyone since Cambridge away in the late 1990's, by the same people who were hurling abuse at the disabled linesman. These people target games and hide in crowds.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well if you want a song with Irish people and No Surrender how about this one:

"The four courts of Dublin
The English bombarded,
The spirit of Freedom,
They tried hard to quell,
But above all the din,
Cried a voice: 'No surrender!'
'Twas the voice of James Connolley
The Irish rebel."

I'm sure no one will take offence, it's just a song - and just as relevant to Huddersfield Town v Brighton and Hove Albion in 2009.

Jan 30, 2008
Is it me but they only appear at games we play with bigger crowds. Most people on here that go regualry to games will recognise faces, so when I travel I may not know your name or who you are but I may recognise you as a Brighton fan.

The few times I have seen people parading as Brighton fans and being offensive, I have then never seen them again. A guy I saw being really racist up at Palace the other year, I have only ever seen once again.

Who on here who went to Huddersfield can say they recgognised these idoits as Brighton fans, and if so how many games do they attend and why have I never heard this chant by anyone since Cambridge away in the late 1990's, by the same people who were hurling abuse at the disabled linesman. These people target games and hide in crowds.
what a load of tosh , so the albion away support is a clicky set up that no one else can enter on a CASUAL basis , do one you prick !!

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
.....in the right side today?

I had a top day today up at Hudds, totally ruined by the :tosser:
who were more interested in going on about the f***ing IRA than
supporting the Albion!

We were ashamed of you small minded pricks, you have no place
at the Albion.

(just in case you didn't get it) You little children let the side down
very badly! :tosser:
oh ffs lighten up you prick, its pratts like you who have spoiled the game (prawn sandwich brigade) pratts who sit firmly on their big fat arses & to f***ing frightened to fart.. nevermind sing!! pratts who moan if anyone stands and enjoys themselves, & finally pratts who cant be arsed to get up & sing forming a kind of substitute for albions imaginary 12th man.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
oh ffs lighten up you prick, its pratts like you who have spoiled the game (prawn sandwich brigade) pratts who sit firmly on their big fat arses & to f***ing frightened to fart.. nevermind sing!! pratts who moan if anyone stands and enjoys themselves, & finally pratts who cant be arsed to get up & sing forming a kind of substitute for albions imaginary 12th man.

If I was a player and heard my fans singing 'No Surrender'.. I think I would be more embarrassed than encouraged.

Just because the guy was offended by some absolute meat heads infront of him (which they clearly were) shouting thuggish chants that are nothing to do with encouraging our team doesn't make him part of the prawn 'sandwich brgade'... you PRAT.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
You will be hearing a version of that very song next Saturday from the County fans.

And in fact the sash is a corruption/version of an old old music hall song called The Hat My Father Wore.

Dont Stockport have a group associated with called the Edgley Vounteer Force whose flag cntains the Red Hand of Ulster ?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Just because the guy was offended by some absolute meat heads infront of him (which they clearly were) shouting thuggish chants that are nothing to do with encouraging our team doesn't make him part of the prawn 'sandwich brgade'... you PRAT.
There seems to be a couple of versions of this story, never mind the meatheads, it was the so called 'offended' people who started the trouble and were seen abusing other brighton fans.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

What on earth has chanting songs about the IRA got to do with FOOTBALL? How is that being the 12th man?

Get behind the TEAM, not some stupid political agenda.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
If I was a player and heard my fans singing 'No Surrender'.. I think I would be more embarrassed than encouraged.

its f*** all to get worked up about, if you are so embarrassed of a couple of meatheads and their chants.. answer is simple ...dont f***ing go!! coz i can assure you fella brighton is a relatively tame club as compared to so many of todays clubs.
i went to cardiff to see the seagulls take on bristol city (play off finals) & just before kick off i take my place inside the ground, i stand to soak in the surroundings only to find some moany old twat behind me complaining im behaving in a boisterous fashion and my standing offends him. f***ing good, because there was f*** all he could do about it when 50 of my mates came down to take up their seats, all standing, singing & creating a atmosphere worthy of any cup final. something the likes of you boring ***** dont do. arsenal and chelsea have gone down that road & im f***ed if im to let it happen to brighton. quite frankly i couldnt give a flying f*** if my passion & excitement for the game offends someone who's clearly not worthy to follow their club.
get a f***ing grip and lighten up you boring prawn sandwich muncher.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here