Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who were the f***ing wankers......

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Where did that come from? Bit harsh there!
the song is an anti ira song with admittedly very little relevance to the albion, but why is this clown insinuating that they couldn't sing it in belfast because "big tough nationalists" would obviously do them harm ? It sounds very much to me that he has ira/republican sympathies or why the aggressive slant to his post ?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Don't upset Roz, bushy. Just a friendly warning.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It sounds very much to me that he has ira/republican sympathies or why the aggressive slant to his post ?

I can confirm that Roz is very much a lady and a lovely one at that.:blush:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
the song is an anti ira song with admittedly very little relevance to the albion, but why is this clown insinuating that they couldn't sing it in belfast because "big tough nationalists" would obviously do them harm ? It sounds very much to me that he has ira/republican sympathies or why the aggressive slant to his post ?

That's taking it a bit far - I wouldn't sing no surrender in Belfast because I know that I'll probably end up in 17 pieces across Ireland - that isn't pro-IRA, that's hard fact. That and I'm not stupid.

Fact of the matter is that the Troubles are in very recent history, and that feelings still are very strong over there (hence why the "peace walls" are still standing in areas). There wasn't anything aggressive to HER post, or any republican sympathies at all, SHE was just merely stating that if the people who sang those songs in it's real context wouldn't get to live to tell the tale.

That's taking it a bit far - I wouldn't sing no surrender in Belfast because I know that I'll probably end up in 17 pieces across Ireland - that isn't pro-IRA, that's hard fact.

... SHE was just merely stating that if the people who sang those songs in it's real context wouldn't get to live to tell the tale.

Not hard fact. Partial at best. Bushy's point is that there are parts of Belfast where you would get lynched, parts where you might get others joinging in and parts where they'd tut behind their net curtains and go back to watching Antiques Roadshow.

As I mentioned earlier, you wouldn't sing about shooting Palace scum dead in Croydon but I hear it every other week at Withdean.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I thought the hoo haa down the front of the stand was because fans were having a go at the stewards and thats when OB got invoved , storm in a teacup caused by a few numpties who were more interested meeting up with Palace's top boys in Donny later on.:laugh:

Dandyman

In London village.

Bushy, firstly Roz is a woman, secondly as Hants (who is a former long service member of HM forces) says the song is usually sung by people who have not only have never served but in all likelyhood would shit themselves if they were conscripted.

And by the way one member of my extended family did multiple tours of NI and the uncle of one of my god-children was murdered by the IRA, so spare me any comments abour my views on the place.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
That's taking it a bit far - I wouldn't sing no surrender in Belfast because I know that I'll probably end up in 17 pieces across Ireland - that isn't pro-IRA, that's hard fact. That and I'm not stupid.

If you walked round a republican area I wouldn't fancy your chances very much, if it was nationalist people would just think you were a dickhead, and you would probably still get a slap just for being an idiot.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I've heard it sung many times in the past at Brighton games, the relevance in the past was probably as a response to the IRA bombing of the Grand Hotel, it's an out of date song in the same way that songs about Peter Ward are, should they be condemned cos they are out of date too?

:wozza:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
why has this thread gone past 1 page??? Havent read every post but out of 1,200 people 4 have had a disagreement about some stupid chant and everyone starts going on about it! cracking game.atmosphere yesterday and this bollocks shouldnt even be worth talking about really

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
So two Brighton fans, who have never patrolled a street in Belfast in their lives*, sing a song about not surrendering to the IRA? In a venue which has no relevance to the Irish situation, at an event which has no relevance? They are probably very sad keyboard warriors and self-abusers who would like to be known as "faces", but ultimately are just a pair of cock-juggling thundercnuts. If it made them feel good, then great, good luck to them, but it only really went to show their incredible bravery in the face of, er, nothing. If they wanted to prove they actually had some bollocks, they could always look in the yellow pages for "Armed Forces Recruiting Office", but the outcome could be a lot less safe than singing anti-IRA songs at a First Division football ground.

*Yes, before you ask.
pretty fair comment mate.
i too did 3 tours there in the late 70's (when it was REALLY kicking off)

half these wankers who go on about 'NO SURRENDER' will happily chant/type it from the safety of their armchair .....but would literally SHIT themselves at the thought of doing it for real.
but then again......why should they?

they have the likes of me and you to do that for them.
best wishes from
guinness dave

former 42 cdo K company 2 troop, her majestys ROYAL MARINES.
f*** you keyboard warriors
xxx

half these wankers who go on about 'NO SURRENDER' will happily chant/type it from the safety of their armchair .....but would literally SHIT themselves at the thought of doing it for real.

best wishes from
guinness dave

xxx

'Steve Valder likes this' :thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

best wishes from
guinness dave

xxx

"dave wilcock likes this"
:thumbsup:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis

"He" is neither an IRA sympathiser or an aggressive defender of republicanism. But actually, "No Surrender" has little to do with the IRA and is predominantly an anti-Irish chant. For sure, it wouldn't go down well with most people ANYWHERE in Northern Ireland.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here