Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who were the f***ing wankers......

bullshit detector

Back in the garage
Nov 18, 2003
Our club still exists because we, the fans, chased out the scum who were destroying it in a long, hard campaign involving everyone, Left, Right and sky blue f***ing pink. Knight's consortium picked up the reins, the council provided support after we threatened them with political candidates.....and after another long, hard battle involving thousands of fans to get falmer, we are finally getting there. Sowing disunity among Albion fans singing stuff like 'No Surrender' (as you've obviously done looking at the replies on here) is an insult to us all and what we've achieved. There's all kinds of songs I could sing too, but I leave my politics outside the ground. Kindly do the same.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Listen paddy. As I said before. In the form sung, it is an ENGLISH SONG. If it has been adapted from a loyalist one, well, so what?

I am fully aware that the people of Northern Ireland (or should I use its new prefered name of "The North of Ireland"?) are more aligned to the scots because of their celtic background. Hence boatloads of them going to Glasgow to watch their football matches. Just where did I claim they were english?

Jesus, no wonder people say so many thick irish jokes! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bad luck Pork on getting embroiled in an exchange with this Mick. Has he got a chip on his shoulder because he wasn't born English .....

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Bad luck Pork on getting embroiled in an exchange with this Mick. Has he got a chip on his shoulder because he wasn't born English .....

Unlike those who feel the need to sing songs attacking an entire religion for a perceived threat to their nationality; I'm actually secure in mine, thanks.

But you fail to quote the previous line -

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions"

Thank you, an even bigger indictment against religion by Karl Marx!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It is a shit song, all things considered.
I disagree, I think it's a quality song except for the IRA bit. When everyone does it at england games it does sound good, I've always said that they should change the words of the chorus and then people wouldn't complain about it being political/non football related. I think we need a brighton version.

Keep the stripes in my heart keep me Albion
Keep the stripes in my heart I prey
Keep me Albion 'til my dying day

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Our club still exists because we, the fans, chased out the scum who were destroying it in a long, hard campaign involving everyone, Left, Right and sky blue f***ing pink. Knight's consortium picked up the reins, the council provided support after we threatened them with political candidates.....and after another long, hard battle involving thousands of fans to get falmer, we are finally getting there. Sowing disunity among Albion fans singing stuff like 'No Surrender' (as you've obviously done looking at the replies on here) is an insult to us all and what we've achieved. There's all kinds of songs I could sing too, but I leave my politics outside the ground. Kindly do the same.

Does that go for the other clowns and their "left of centre" agenda, the ones who made a big thing out of this in the first place, and were seen abusing other Albion fans?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I disagree, I think it's a quality song except for the IRA bit. When everyone does it at england games it does sound good, I've always said that they should change the words of the chorus and then people wouldn't complain about it being political/non football related. I think we need a brighton version.

The IRA bit was what I was referring to. To be fair, I have never been to a proper England game, so not experienced it directly, I just don't think it belongs at a Brighton game. Give me 'Swing Low...' anyday! Bit put out that TSLR are insinuating that anyone right wing is racist, but so be it.

I am a white man of Irish descent living in Australia because my ancestors were forced off their lands with no compensation or reason for doing so other then they were Irish. Blah blah blah

boohoo. You've really touched me with that story.

Look. mate, there are far more of us 'lefties' than there are of you - .

Bollocks are there.

Look at the voting patterns of England since whenever and especially since the 1990s. Far more conservative voters in EVERY election.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

What about "No surrender , no surrender , no surrender to the Palace scum" ?:cool:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
boohoo. You've really touched me with that story.

Bollocks are there.

Look at the voting patterns of England since whenever and especially since the 1990s. Far more conservative voters in EVERY election.

35.7% in the 2005 general election, vs. a combined 58.4% for the two main 'lefty' parties. Far more?

Last edited:

Run this past me again ...

Are you suggesting that England should break with the Union for the sake of its conservative majority?

That's the thin end of a wedge that might be seen as "surrender" in some corners of a nearby island.

bullshit detector

Back in the garage
Nov 18, 2003
Does that go for the other clowns and their "left of centre" agenda, the ones who made a big thing out of this in the first place, and were seen abusing other Albion fans?

I was a way off from the incident and didn't notice it. Talking to people after the game, seems that the people who took exception didn't exactly cover themselves in glory. But if the thing hadn't been sung in the first place there wouldn't have been a problem. That's the point.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
I was a way off from the incident and didn't notice it. Talking to people after the game, seems that the people who took exception didn't exactly cover themselves in glory. But if the thing hadn't been sung in the first place there wouldn't have been a problem. That's the point.

I with you on this one mate. Keep politics out of the Albion

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Look. mate, there are far more of us 'lefties' than there are of you - and there were in the 70s too, you must be senile if you think there was no political resistance to Beaky and Co outside the Goldstone.You're also barking up the wrong tree if you think we are all latte/Guardian reading types, I am not a keyboard warrior and I shall say no more about that. I go to the Albion to watch the football and leave my politics at the turnstile. I suggest everyone else does the same. Otherwise we are going to end up with Albion fans fighting each other and that would be absolutely bloody pathetic.

There was no resistance from Albion fans from Beaky and I selling the NF news and Bulldog outside the Goldstone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here