Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who were the f***ing wankers......

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Two seasons back at the pub round the corner from watfords ground i heard some guy from Brighton start singing "there aint no black in the union jack" his mates just started taking the piss out of him saying christ how long have you been out of the loop....
It did not bother me or any other brighton fans in the pub, just made the geezer look a bit of a plonker.It kind of suggests these people who sang at huddersfield may have also been out of the loop for a while.
But im for freedom of speech and dont care what people sing or say where ever they want aslong as they can stand up for what they Belive.
On a personal note i can see the merit of such a song.(No surrender song)-NOT THE AINT NO BLACK SONG

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Lets carry on singing "no surrender", whilst were at it can we sing about other current issues such as freeing Nelson Mandela and Independence for India?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Right...? So now us english need to make up songs about all sorts of different shady groups of terrorists? ???

kinda like the idea

No surrender No surrender
No surrender to the well never mind we dont mind if you murder chaps collecting a pizza or catching a bus or even a tube......

come and have a go if you think you
can murder us...........!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I have no feelings one way or another, other than a general view that a terrorist is a terrorist, and not a "freedom fighter". However, I do have strong feelings about the IRA blowing-up good MPs like Ian Gow on their driveway in Hankam, and killing englishmen and women in their own country.

If the Nazi's had invaded England and subjugated the English would you still fight against them until they had been driven from your country even though it might have taken many, many years?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If the Nazi's had invaded England and subjugated the English would you still fight against them until they had been driven from your country even though it might have taken many, many years?

i persume you live here.....therefore it should be OUR COUNTRY should it not.:p

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

so if an abbo kills you then thats fair enough is it?

oh sorry you are blameless because of the English, who you slagged off in another post.

Arent there any other websites for you to trawl through like http://www.norootsandamassiveidentitycrisisforum.com

So if I understand you correctly the football club that I support now has an established political ideology?

And not just any old political ideaology either; because if as you believe BHA represents 'everyone regardless of their creed, religion, gender or persuasion' then the club is in the grip of Marxists. Someone better tell the Palace fans living in the Brighton area they might not be aware of this arrangement.

But then its not is it, its just you and your own personal Marxist wet dream that BHA might develop a political left of centre ideology............to paraphrase another deluded BHA fan.

The reality is that BHA cares about just one single constituency of people from the 'community' and that is those prepared to pay week in week out to go a support them. And rightly so.............that's it.

You may well be disturbed that there are BHA fans out there who do not share your political outlook, aspirations and behave like you do, but now you need to get over it..........its not your club.

I think you may have a point that BHA only really care about the paying customers, but this is a very cynical point! Can you tell me since when did Marxism have anything to do with respecting religion?

Die Religion ... ist das Opium des Volkes" Religion is the opiate of the masses. Karl Marx.

Being a left wing, Catholic and proud Englishman, some of you may think I am scum (talking about the left wing and Catholic part there), I find I am agreeing with what a lot of people are saying on here from both sides of the fence in political terms.

I don't feel the "No Surrender To The IRA" chant is relevant to matches in which the Albion are playing in. I also do not think that our football club should be aligned to any political party, left or right wing.

I find myself agreeing with points made by Brighton Fella in that it is the boisterous lads who do make a lot of the atmosphere at games, and some fans really do need to chill out and have some fun at games but also agree with TwoChoicesTom that there should be some respect at games between Albion fans.
The Spanish has some points about the Nouveau Albion fans who haven't been supporting the club for long and who don't remember the 70's and 80's, but we should all respect each other no matter how long we have supported the Albion as we are all part of the Albion family no matter what politics we support at home. And politics should stay at home, not turn up at football matches.

I can understand why some pro-Loyalist Albion fans may want to sing that particular song, but hopefully the violence in Northern Ireland is a thing of the past and that the two recent shootings were isolated incidents, so let's forget about the IRA, LVF, INLA, UFF etc etc and concentrate on BHA!

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Sunshine, I don't give a flying f*** what has happened in Paddyland in the past. The song is a good rousing ENGLISH song - a country that I am proud to have been born in. A nation which has a proud history of imperialism over many centuries. :censored:

Except for the fact that it actually comes from Northern Ireland and is only English in your deluded, and quite clearly little, mind. Considering your previous post on the matter quite clearly gave "a flying f***" about religious politics, its also clear your memory span is amazingly short.

Its a Northern Irish Unionist song, and you'd probably be amazed to find that not one of those Unionists actually feels English. British, but not English.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Except for the fact that it actually comes from Northern Ireland and is only English in your deluded, and quite clearly little, mind. Considering your previous post on the matter quite clearly gave "a flying f***" about religious politics, its also clear your memory span is amazingly short.

Its a Northern Irish Unionist song, and you'd probably be amazed to find that not one of those Unionists actually feels English. British, but not English.

Listen paddy. As I said before. In the form sung, it is an ENGLISH SONG. If it has been adapted from a loyalist one, well, so what?

I am fully aware that the people of Northern Ireland (or should I use its new prefered name of "The North of Ireland"?) are more aligned to the scots because of their celtic background. Hence boatloads of them going to Glasgow to watch their football matches. Just where did I claim they were english?

Jesus, no wonder people say so many thick irish jokes! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
The Hereford match was important. But the survival of the Albion is because we managed to return to Brighton from Gillingham, re-establish ourselves and get permission (and the land) for a permanent home at Falmer.

None of that would have been possible without the support of a community that is bigger than the people who attend matches. That bigger community expressed itself through the vital support given to the Club by the City Council. And the City Council (and others) gave the Club support not because the Albion drew at Hereford, but because the community policies and mission statement deliver real benefits to the community.

Nope, I disagree again. The policies and mission statement are a means to an end just as is paying the bills. Trying to get a few fat kids to exercise more and helping some lop pots from Whitehawk to add up may have garnered some votes, but I would wager the vast majority voted yes because they understood the premise that Brighton should have a resident professional football club………nothing more.

In this day and age policies and mission statements are all part of the scenery; earnest objectives I am sure but eventually we realise they mean little or nothing. You could say they are like manifesto promises!

It is implausible for BHA to ‘represent everyone’ in Brighton, and just because it says so on the website doesn’t make it an irrefutable fact. I’m sure those that voted ‘no’ in the referendum would be amazed to learn that they are now ‘represented’ by the very organisation they never wanted back in Brighton.

As for the vital support provided by the Council don’t make me laugh……….if they had been fully supportive we wouldn’t have had a referendum!

As you know the BHA supporting community is even bigger than just those who live in the Brighton constituencies that were able to vote.

The Council knew that and so the many thousands of fans who lived outside the referendum constituencies had no say on BHA’s existence whilst 30,000 students temporarily resident in Brighton did. That episode was shameful because the Council wouldn’t have been supportive at all if vote had gone west. What a joke.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Listen paddy. As I said before. In the form sung, it is an ENGLISH SONG. If it has been adapted from a loyalist one, well, so what?

I am fully aware that the people of Northern Ireland (or should I use its new prefered name of "The North of Ireland"?) are more aligned to the scots because of their celtic background. Hence boatloads of them going to Glasgow to watch their football matches. Just where did I claim they were english?

Jesus, no wonder people say so many thick irish jokes! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

So, its an English anti-Catholic song based on events in Northern Ireland then. To you and no-one else, but anyway. And this is rousing to a team thats about 40% non-English how?

And if, as you claim, its about the English not surrendering to the Catholics - where else have you had to surrender to them in the past 80 years?

Anyway, I wasn't aware we'd invented time travel or portals yet, so I'm rather surprised you're managing to post from 1983...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here