Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who were the f***ing wankers......

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I always remember going up to brum to demonstrate against the IRA. We were in a convoy of cars and vans. One of our cars lagged behind. Behind them was a bunch of reds in a van, Who not realising there was over a hundred NF in front started giving it the large one to the NF in the car. Shame about the traffic jam. Lets say the van and the reds didn't make it:D

coventrygull do / did you know a geezer called del he was from london and did security for a certain band ! he moved up to wigan early 90s and did some door work and recruiting etc.???

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Message for 1 night only: Did you used to post as SM BHAFC? You were that rarity: a right-winger who could put forward a good coherent argument without being abusive or just spouting rhetoric. We've missed you!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I never fail to be amazed about just how very little people know about the Cliffe Bonfire Society!

Hi Roz - why would people know about The Cliffe? They are well known as a society but there is no reason to publicise their raison d'etre and little reason for people to research them beyond knowing vaguely about the martyrs and Lewes.

Have I missed something? Do they do a lot of work telling people about themselves that I keep missing? I was a Lewes regular for years but never knew much more than what I'd gathered from snatches of conversations with the locals.

Hi Roz - why would people know about The Cliffe? They are well known as a society but there is no reason to publicise their raison d'etre and little reason for people to research them beyond knowing vaguely about the martyrs and Lewes.

Have I missed something? Do they do a lot of work telling people about themselves that I keep missing? I was a Lewes regular for years but never knew much more than what I'd gathered from snatches of conversations with the locals.

Indeed, TRHK. There are a lot of Cliffe chants. "Come and Join Us" isn't one of them.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
This is still going on then? Possibly the most boring thread I've ever read on here.

Dandyman

In London village.
They could always sing about no surrender to the fire brigade!!!

Ye Olde Cliffe Volunteer Fire Brigade know how to deal with that sort of talk.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I with you on this one mate. Keep politics out of the Albion
I broadly agree. Back in the 1970s I used to go to Brighton away games with a group of lads, two of whom were active NF members and one of whom I'd known from school. I knew they were NF and they knew I was ANL (or 'Anal' as they kept saying!), but we never discussed politics. At Brighton games we were Brighton. End of.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I never fail to be amazed about just how very little people know about the Cliffe Bonfire Society!

In what way, ? Why would we all know its history, as i remember it was not part of my schools curriculum.
I thought it was about Guy Fawkes trying blow up the house of parliament. is there any more to know and is it relevant to this thread then ?

bullshit detector

Back in the garage
Nov 18, 2003
There was certainly opposition to the sales Cov but mainly from the non albion imported lollipop wavers (the majority of the trendy lefties hated football then, or paid lip service 'cos it was 'street' and didn't go) and a few of us Vaultage Albion types who got slapped occasionally by some of your bonehead mates. Most Albion fans didn't appear to give a shit what you were selling....but then that was the age of ape chants, sad to say. (I wish we could have the 70s atmosphere without some of the other bits. UK football today is sanitised beyond belief)
Both at the footie and at the gigs around then it must be said you had the upper hand, you caused some shit - I remember Smelly acting as a kind of intermediary sometimes, he got on well with you, and my mate Roy was friends with Beaky's girlfriend Caroline (I'm pretty sure that was her name) which was pretty weird! Most of the 'comrades' hated football and music, absolute idiots, they were more interested in sitting in the pub waffling on about Trotsky's Transitional Programme while we RAR/ANL punks got our heads kicked in... But things changed in the 80s and thereby hangs a tale which has nothing to do with the Albion. Let's all get behind the lads on Saturday.
SEAGULLS!!

Jan 30, 2008
I can't remember ever hearing it sung by members of the Cliffe Bonfire Society - so I doubt that you'd find much expertise there.

And anyway, I've never found the Cliffe to be anti-catholic - and I'm not the only member to have been educated by Irish nuns.
seems odd that they want to burn a effigy of the pope

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here