Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When will they actually get it in their thick heads .....

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
They say they need them to defend themselves from these idiots, yet you never see someone step in and shoot said idiot, after only a couple of shots are fired.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
It's against that ancient constitution of theirs, everything valid in the 1700's is definitely valid today

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
What sort of kinder garden teacher needs 2 Glock pistols and an assault rifle registered in her name? That is what wrong with the gun laws in the states, people who have no need of a weapon own one largely through fear and paranoia.

Thoughts with the families affected.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Within the last year the argument that more guns are needed seems to have become the mantra from the gun lobby.

If anybody can explain to me how the Batman Movie shooting spree could have been improved by crossfire in a darkened room full of smoke then I'm all ears.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
What sort of kinder garden teacher needs 2 Glock pistols and an assault rifle registered in her name? That is what wrong with the gun laws in the states, people who have no need of a weapon own one largely through fear and paranoia.

sorry chum but this sort of attitude is precisely what clouds the issues surrounding the debate about gun ownership in the States.you have made presumptions with probably no idea of the facts,firstly that your employment determines whether or not you should require the need to own a firearm,that is just silly. It is a possibility that the mother that owned the guns legally is maybe a keen gun owner for simply shooting the bloody things and enjoying them.Millions of Americans own firearms for this reason it is not always about being paranoid and protecting the homestead,i dont know if this is the case or not its very early to be saying either way
Todays events are a shocking tragedy but perhaps its best to get the full picture before making sweeping statements.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Has it been confirmed that the shooter was a teacher? At the school? Any links?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Maybe the tide is starting to turn against the NRA. As well as the outpouring of grief and sympathy there seems to be a huge amount of anger. In previous mass shootings in the States it’s been adults and older kids, not kids as young as 5. Obama looked really shaken up on TV. He is now in his second term so he doesn’t have to worry about re-election, could he be the one to take on the NRA about gun control – a lot of people hope so and would support him.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Maybe the tide is starting to turn against the NRA. As well as the outpouring of grief and sympathy there seems to be a huge amount of anger. In previous mass shootings in the States it’s been adults and older kids, not kids as young as 5. Obama looked really shaken up on TV. He is now in his second term so he doesn’t have to worry about re-election, could he be the one to take on the NRA about gun control – a lot of people hope so and would support him.

I hope so too. I would imagine it would take generations for a different mind set to come about though in relation to owning guns. Got to start somewhere though.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I don't suppose people in Newhaven ever have a need to use Apple, Microsoft, Dell, Disney, HP, GE, Boeing or Ford (to name a few) products created by stupid Americans......Insular, racially and politically divided, with too many pockets of shocking poverty and unacceptable levels of education. They're definitely guilty. Could be Croydon I'm describing.

Lol if you want to have a dig try the quote post feature. My opinion is that America and Americans aren't the full ticket. You couldn't pay me to go there, so forgive me for having a view on a country that has nearly as many fatalities from guns as it has from road deaths, that alone tells its own story.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Mate. They still point at aeroplanes in Newhaven. I have been there and agree with you that the folk of "the gateway to dieppe" are insular, racist and politically divided between the Nazi Party, aryan nations and solidarnosc. The poverty on Denton island is indeed horrifying and they do appear to be educationally subnormal with shocking pockets almost to the borders of peacehaven and distant Lewes.

I'm glad you had the courage to come out and say it.

Coming from the posh end of 'scoombe :nono:

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
sorry chum but this sort of attitude is precisely what clouds the issues surrounding the debate about gun ownership in the States.you have made presumptions with probably no idea of the facts,firstly that your employment determines whether or not you should require the need to own a firearm,that is just silly. It is a possibility that the mother that owned the guns legally is maybe a keen gun owner for simply shooting the bloody things and enjoying them.Millions of Americans own firearms for this reason it is not always about being paranoid and protecting the homestead,i dont know if this is the case or not its very early to be saying either way
Todays events are a shocking tragedy but perhaps its best to get the full picture before making sweeping statements.

Hardly a sweeping statement, its been confirmed that the guns were in her ownership. I also would be surprised if she is a keen shooter at a gun club, which has historically mostly been a pursuit of men not woman. Maybe you can have a go at answering why she has 2 of the same gun model, Glock 9mm one of the most common and reliable pistols on the market? And of all the owners of guns in the states how many belong to a gun club? I bet the percentage is very small indeed. Again only time will tell whats happened here but i get the feeling you maybe way of the mark (so to speak). Just out of interest are you a gun owner yourself?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Guns don`t kill people

People do

Actually bullets kill people.

The one way to attack this is not from the point of view of taking away their guns as this would cause militias to rise up to defend their rights to bare arms and the 2nd American Civil war would come.

The way to attack the problem is to severely restrict the sale of gunpowder and ammunition.

This I don't believe would be covered by the second amendment.

You can have all the guns in the world, but if you've got no bullets they aren't worth anything

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
So do any of the shooters at any of the schools in the States fail on any of those or would they have been cleared for ownership by the UK rules if applied had there at the time? ie - police visit, storage, no prison record, ok'd by Dr, etc (the rest could apply too, especially if they came from a rural area)

Nope if they ticked all the boxes they would get a gun
But automatic weapons would be banned as would most hand guns and only smaller calibers would be held at home

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
That makes sense to me, apart from the prison bit. If someone has been out of prison for 4 years, it's OK?

If you have had a 3 year sentence or more for a crime you cannot ever own a gun
If you have has a sentence under 3 years you can apply for a gun ticket but you must have been out for over a year

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here