Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When will they actually get it in their thick heads .....

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I don't suppose people in Newhaven ever have a need to use Apple, Microsoft, Dell, Disney, HP, GE, Boeing or Ford (to name a few) products created by stupid Americans......Insular, racially and politically divided, with too many pockets of shocking poverty and unacceptable levels of education. They're definitely guilty. Could be Croydon I'm describing.
I think you're picking up on the wrong part of the discussion tbh.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Firearm ownership doesn't cause these incidents
So the people committing these crimes don't own or have access to a gun then? To be honest, you're not the best person to ask about arsenals.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
US Gun Laws are directly responsible for these casual massacres. They reap what they sow. And will continue to do so until these ancient laws are repealed. It's really really pathetic that some f***-up can just go out and make the front page of every newspaper in the civilised world on a whim. Time to close that shit down forever.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Since columbine there has been 31 school shootings in the US, and 14 everywhere else in the world. Yet they still seem to allow any Tom Dick and Harry to get a hold of guns

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Well, freedom isn't free, you know.

And we know just how valuable it is, because we can measure the pile of corpses.

I mean, cut us some slack. State religion, what? Many advanced-for-their-times civilizations practiced human sacrifice. We're just one of many. Granted, obsidian knives can't go through a wall and kill someone on the other side, but that's just a detail.

Some idols just need blood, is all. It's how we roll.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
full.jpg

Love the way the Yanks use the word FREEDOM to justify arming every nutter to the teeth!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
so saddening
my daughter was involved in the shootings at NIU a few years back. They were locked in the lecture theatre while the shootings went on. I understand the theory of lock-in but wonder if it cant work the wrong way by trapping more victims. She moves back to the states in a couple of weeks time. This makes me wish she wasnt :(

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I don't suppose people in Newhaven ever have a need to use Apple, Microsoft, Dell, Disney, HP, GE, Boeing or Ford (to name a few) products created by stupid Americans......Insular, racially and politically divided, with too many pockets of shocking poverty and unacceptable levels of education. They're definitely guilty. Could be Croydon I'm describing.

Yet they still allow almost anyone to own a gun ! Just this week I spent quite sometime trying to explain to an American Database Administrator that the standard language setting for computers in the UK was British English NOT American English - he really couldn't understand it. Generally Americans are extremely stupid.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
tumblr_lt9zd61fov1qbelbio1_500.jpg

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
FIREARMS MURDERS AND CIVILIAN GUN OWNERSHIP

England and Wales
3,400,000 civilian firearms - 6.2 for every 100 people
Ranked 88 in the world for civilian gun ownership

In the latest year, there were 41 homicides by firearm - 0.07 per 100,000 population. 6.6% of all homicides are by firearm

---

United States
270,000,000 civilian firearms - 88.8 for every 100 people
Ranked 1 in the world for civilian gun ownership

In the latest year, there were 9,146 homicides by firearm - 2.97 per 100,000 population. 60% of all homicides are by firearm

---

Brazil
14,840,000 civilian firearms - 8 for every 100 people
Ranked 75 in the world for civilian gun ownership

In the latest year, there were 34,678 homicides by firearm - 18.1 per 100,000 population. 70.8% of all homicides are by firearm

Edit: I was going to go on a full scale rant but gonna retract and think about what I type before I do.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The number of firearms per person is far higher in countries like Canada but they have a fraction of the number of gun related deaths than the US have.

Firearm ownership doesn't cause these incidents, maybe the other causes should be looked into and hopefully more solutions found. Its far too easy for people to jump on the band wagon and simply blame gun ownership for these types of incidents.

I think that's bollocks, US is something like 80odd guns per 100 people, Canada is something like 30 per 100. Difference as well is that Canadians tend to have them purely for hunting and not constitutionally for their defense of defense of their property.

Even the Yemen has less guns per person than the US!

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Can't realy blame the the gun you have to look at the nutter behind it
About time they brought in some kind of gun controls to protect their kids who needs automatic weapons

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There will be the usual political inquest and much sadness and shaking of heads but they lack the will or ability to wake up to the reality that this is going to keep happening over and over again. Nothing will change because they are stuck with their constitution and no one can challenge or change it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here