Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
dwayne said:
hmmm 4 shit cars or 1 good one.

South Kensington or Brighton.

Project management in the city or events organiser.

decisions, decisions!!

That's it...

Ladies and gentlemen - dwayne has left the building.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
mines barely been driven, its spent most of its life in the garage, only done 5k.It was a good buy.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
A psychologist would have fun with this thread.

Notice how everyone stated, in plain terms, what they did for a living... until Dwayne?

He couldn't just say he worked for a very large investment bank. He had to name it as the "2nd biggest" in the world.

And then he felt the need to add that he "ain't dun too bad" for a 23-year-old, as if that was relevant or anyone cares.

The thing is, is Dwayne trying to convince us that he's great... or himself?

Given that he also feels the need to pump iron (and bangs on about that too), and that he constantly puts others down, the only possible conclusion is that Dwayne is extremely shallow, very insecure and feels unloved.

And, of course, a flashier car and more money ain't going to change any of that.

I'd probably feel quite sorry for him - if he wasn't such a fuckwit.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
nice one Bozza :clap:

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers

decisions, decisions!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Let me think about that point :

Events organiser - free partys, tickets, drinks, no q'ing, shed loads of free stuff, meeting all sorts of people, great hours, great people, constant parties, functions, racing, helicopter rides, great money, clean air, great friends, people that like me, the albion etc etc

Project management in the city.

Stuffy office, (although i am sure you will say your dustbin has air con), women with mustaches serving you tea from a tea trolly, permant techy speak, never getting laid, acne, NHS glasses (cause there fashion, man), hated by the masses, pollution, traffic, congestion charges etc etc

Yeah Dwayne - Decisions, Decisions.........

:salute: :bigwave:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
dwayne said:
Redlands is a garbage American pick up truck need I say more, if I was gonna buy a car for individuality I would go for a Aston MArtin or a stylish old English or Italian ride not a bloody American monster (there's no accounting for style!!)

Agree with you on the Aston Martin front, can't go wrong with one of those. :clap:

But "garbage" American pick-up truck? Have you seen it? If it's in good condition, it sounds pretty good to me. IMHO, better than a Range Rover anyway. Much more style in a completely unique Chevrolet than the same Range Rover as every nervous mother uses to take her kids to school.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
err, I work in the City, and I know JP Morgans IT/Tech site is based in, er, Bournemouth. ...

Its a very routine back office job. Any slice could do it....

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
By the way, I'm a student, currently studying for an Undergraduate Masters in Maths. And yes, I'm being loaned your tax money. So I can pay it back, with interest (£20/month) when I graduate. As well as paying Income Tax to fund the next generation of students. So no, you anti-student whinging bastards (I know there's plenty on NSC), you're not paying for me. I am. Plus interest.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Looking at the facts, dwayne works fixing spreadsheet bugs at a bank, he rents his accomodation and has just spent beyond his means to get a car that doesn't particularly impress.

So run-of-the-mill it's not true - apart from the fact he probably now has a car loan which means it'll be another 5 years before he can afford his own place. Well done dwayne, I'm well impressed. :tosser:

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Simster said:
Looking at the facts, dwayne works fixing spreadsheet bugs at a bank, he rents his accomodation and has just spent beyond his means to get a car that doesn't particularly impress.

So run-of-the-mill it's not true - apart from the fact he probably now has a car loan which means it'll be another 5 years before he can afford his own place. Well done dwayne, I'm well impressed. :tosser:

true true sim

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As for me, I'm an IT Software Consultant by trade. But various tax legislation, IT outsourcing and market conditions mean that the money has tried up in contracting. Consequently I'm just starting out in business on my own, with a view to developing multiple products with a larger client base as well as city banks. Money is tight (no Albion for me at the mo) but we'll see how it goes - hopefully it'll take off in the new year.

Oh and I have a Honda HRV - it's only worth 9 grand dwayne, so feel free to laugh.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
so now we've all remembered / established who works where, how about a pre-christmas lunchtime drink for those of us in or around the city?

anyone fancy it?

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
He dissed my Chevy, I want to hurt him now !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here