Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WARNING to any TICKET CHEATS out there

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I think the point being made is that some people don't have to use it.

But as the rail companies seem to have given up collecting them, it's quite obvious that they are aren't added up at the end of the day and probably a fixed figure is given to the travel companies in proportion of the gate ?

So it's possible to have "voucher free" tickets.

Well just tear that part off the ticket and hey presto...

btw, i don't use the voucher but if it helps to bring in fans who have to travel further by either paying for or some part of their travel, then i'm for it, and if it also then helps the club meet part one of the requirements for permission to play at Withdean imposed by the council, that there is restricted parking, due to residents concerns in the first place, maybe those who are unhappy would be better off petitioning the council to drop the parking restrictions and the no paying on the gate rather than voicing your anger at the club whose hands are tied?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
so when i cant go to a game due to being at uni, then the bloke who normally has my ticket will now no longer not be able to go as he is not a student?

great way to get fans through the gate that

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Not sure that threatening people on an internet forum is going to help things.

But hang on a sec, i can understand peopple who are just over 15 going as a child or something like that, but why would a middle aged man go as a child? Weird.

Not sure that threatening people on an internet forum is going to help things.

But hang on a sec, i can understand peopple who are just over 15 going as a child or something like that, but why would a middle aged man go as a child? Weird.

I'm not sure why this obsession with 'threatening people'? All I've done is warn the people who seek to under-pay - not to the normal people who buy their ticket without thinking "how can I screw the club out of the money they ask for a ticket".

You'd worry if your wages were short all the time because someone was trying deliberately to diddle you out of money. Remember, the club is not laughing all the way to the bank overflowing with cash - BHA had to do some smart sales in January that did not incur any cost, or else we'd be without one striker and a midfielder. Now we have Thomson and Murray, without spending anything at all. That was not done for the heck of it - it was done because the club walks a financial tightrope to stay out of administration, and all the while campaigning for Falmer, paying architects to design it, filling out the forms and applications, and borrowing a ground!

Middle aged men aren't usually trying to get in as U-16's, but there may be some who use a SENIOR ticket when they aren't over the age of 65.

Again - to those who may want to, or have heard of people getting in under-price, be aware that it is something that's being taken care of now, so if you have a WRONG TICKET, you can simply go to the ticket office and bring the ticket up to CORRECT PRICE.

THE ALTERNATIVE is that, if anyone tries to pass by the gates with an INCORRECT TICKET - you may very well LOSE your right of entrance.

I'd say that warning is about as fair as anyone could ask for - but it still doesn't seem to register with some Brighton fans.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
All sounds fair to me Mr Zoo.

Dunno how you have the patience Zoo.
I'd be telling these pikey tantamount-to-shoplifter types to just try it on so the club can chuck the cheating fuckers out on their ears.

Screw my club out of dough you prats? Go kiss up to your mates Archer and Bellotti because you'll have a lot in common!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I'd say that warning is about as fair as anyone could ask for - but it still doesn't seem to register with some Brighton fans.

That's because some of them are just plain thick - spend too much time arguing on chat sites when they should be doing their homework:D:bigwave:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I'm not sure why this obsession with 'threatening people'? All I've done is warn the people who seek to under-pay - not to the normal people who buy their ticket without thinking "how can I screw the club out of the money they ask for a ticket".

You'd worry if your wages were short all the time because someone was trying deliberately to diddle you out of money. Remember, the club is not laughing all the way to the bank overflowing with cash - BHA had to do some smart sales in January that did not incur any cost, or else we'd be without one striker and a midfielder. Now we have Thomson and Murray, without spending anything at all. That was not done for the heck of it - it was done because the club walks a financial tightrope to stay out of administration, and all the while campaigning for Falmer, paying architects to design it, filling out the forms and applications, and borrowing a ground!

Middle aged men aren't usually trying to get in as U-16's, but there may be some who use a SENIOR ticket when they aren't over the age of 65.

Again - to those who may want to, or have heard of people getting in under-price, be aware that it is something that's being taken care of now, so if you have a WRONG TICKET, you can simply go to the ticket office and bring the ticket up to CORRECT PRICE.

THE ALTERNATIVE is that, if anyone tries to pass by the gates with an INCORRECT TICKET - you may very well LOSE your right of entrance.

not sure why you're getting involved in an arguement. You've made a good point - full stop.

(ps my son's friend is U16 and sometimes uses my wife's (21 - 65) ticket - can I claim a refund?)

sadly there are too many freeloaders in this country, many of whom collect envelopes near the players gate and congregate around hospitality at Withdean)

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford

Right i quite often buy child tickets, even though im a student. I wouldnt go if i had to pay full price as i cant afford it. The ground is no where near selling out, so whats wrong with me paying 3 quid less than i should be? Its still 14 quid to the club and an extra person in the stadium. If the ground was selling out then i can understand people moaning, but at least im going to games.

Right i quite often buy child tickets, even though im a student. I wouldnt go if i had to pay full price as i cant afford it. The ground is no where near selling out, so whats wrong with me paying 3 quid less than i should be? Its still 14 quid to the club and an extra person in the stadium. If the ground was selling out then i can understand people moaning, but at least im going to games.

3 Quid?? Why, if you are paying for the ticket at all, is 3 quid such an extra effort?

You want the club to take a £3 loss that you think is no skin, but when it's off your back you ain't happy?

Yeah I know, we'd all be happier if football was cheaper, and watching the Albion cost less, but whatever they ask for a ticket there'll be someone saying a quid or two cheaper would 'suit them' better .

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

Point of order here. Our club say concessions start at 60 not 65

Ticketing

Rigoglioso

Nov 7, 2006
Donny
After reading this thread and having a run in with one of your stewards yesterday, then I feel sorry for you genuine Albion fans. In that sh*thole of a stadium, you should all look out for each other, and dig in to help yourselves out (it is one depressing place), but it appears the steward (Zoo B. Zoo) seems to be taking a big "I'm the boss, and you'll do as your told attitude".

I may be wrong, but that's the way it comes across. Just iout of curiosity, do Albion fans have many problems with stewards at the Withdean. I know I've seen a lot worse, but from what I keep seeing and what I experienced yesterday, I've seen far far better.

After reading this thread and having a run in with one of your stewards yesterday, then I feel sorry for you genuine Albion fans. In that sh*thole of a stadium, you should all look out for each other, and dig in to help yourselves out (it is one depressing place), but it appears the steward (Zoo B. Zoo) seems to be taking a big "I'm the boss, and you'll do as your told attitude".

I may be wrong, but that's the way it comes across. Just iout of curiosity, do Albion fans have many problems with stewards at the Withdean. I know I've seen a lot worse, but from what I keep seeing and what I experienced yesterday, I've seen far far better.

Didn't you already admit you were taking the piss??

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
3 Quid?? Why, if you are paying for the ticket at all, is 3 quid such an extra effort?

You want the club to take a £3 loss that you think is no skin, but when it's off your back you ain't happy?

Yeah I know, we'd all be happier if football was cheaper, and watching the Albion cost less, but whatever they ask for a ticket there'll be someone saying a quid or two cheaper would 'suit them' better .

Its not a 3 quid loss, its a 14 quid gain. If i had to pay full price then i wouldnt go as i cant afford it. And theres thousands of empty seats at Withdean so to be honest they need me.

not sure why you're getting involved in an arguement. You've made a good point - full stop.

(ps my son's friend is U16 and sometimes uses my wife's (21 - 65) ticket - can I claim a refund?)

sadly there are too many freeloaders in this country, many of whom collect envelopes near the players gate and congregate around hospitality at Withdean)

Not an argument - I'm just making it as clear as possible to all, and I did expect to have to clarify the points beyond the original post.

This thread is just so MOST can say we "can't be any fairer than that".
Nothing hidden, no trapdoors smoke and mirrors - just plainly outlining expectations.

We have to enact and help enforce national laws, Council and football league rules, security, and yes - club interests like preventing people from jumping the fences or getting in without paying or holding a valid ticket.

Most people, like Withdean residents in general, the local council, the league, home and most visiting fans find that these necessities are carried out by us quite efficiently and with utmost care for all concerned.

There are, of course, always some who won't quite get it - no matter how well we spell things out.

Its not a 3 quid loss, its a 14 quid gain. If i had to pay full price then i wouldnt go as i cant afford it. And theres thousands of empty seats at Withdean so to be honest they need me.

Acording to you, the student CONCESSION is actually already there and given to you by the club - but you still want to stiff em another 3 quid??
Am I reading this right mate?

oh, and you think they ought to be GRATEFUL!

Apparently you ain't one of those who believe we ought to be grateful to even have a football club in Brighton, then? :tosser:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Acording to you, the student CONCESSION is actually already there and given to you by the club - but you still want to stiff em another 3 quid??
Am I reading this right mate?

Yes MATE. I cant always afford the full price and the club need people like me. I cant see whats so wrong with it.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
, and you think they ought to be GRATEFUL!

Apparently you ain't one of those who believe we ought to be grateful to even have a football club in Brighton, then? :tosser:

What are you going on about? This has now gone from a discussion on tickets into you turning me being accused of not being grateful that theres a club still?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

You can afford £14 and 3 beers.
You can afford £17 and 2 beers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here