Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WARNING to any TICKET CHEATS out there

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
F*** off you load of freeloaders. How dare you come on here trying to justify ripping the club and other fans off with your self-justification for not-paying bollocks. Same arguments used by fare-dodgers and shop-lifters, many of whom you hypocritically argue are what's wrong with our society in other thread discussions. You might of done this when you were young too, but it doesn't make it right and if you get caught expect to take the punishment. Jesus, I don't like paying my mortgage but that doesn't mean I shouldn't pay it. If I don't want to live in a house, it's my choice not to buy one. But I can't cry to the building society that their rates are too expensive and they should subsidise my other lifestyle choices.

Pay up or or don't come. It's theft. Simple. Zero tolerance.

thumbs-up.jpg

thatguy

Jan 3, 2008
Suggest you check first how much to upgrade the ticket to adult so you can take the correct money as the booth never has any cash float for change.

And when was the last time you went to the ticket booth?

i went there today for an upgrade and they had the TWO bags worth of change :)

Well, I'll try and put it more delicately than NMH has done, if you don't mind - but the prices are there for a reason, and concessions are made to fit the generally recognised budget for those who they are designed for.
The tickets are not printed so that those who they DON'T apply to, can treat it as a little game to see if they can try skirting the prices - and if they then fail they can always just pop over and pay the correct amount!

You are right mate, it is put delicately - when the bottom line is that there are pikey sorts out there trying to screw the club at the ticket office, CHEAT the club out of money, and generally TRY IT ON.

The only people who might object to the business rules here, are these sorts. I bet they don't complain about lager prices as they piss away the money down West Street, then paying season-ticket-sized fines for smashing things up afterwards.

Tell it like it is, fact etc.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And when was the last time you went to the ticket booth?

i went there today for an upgrade and they had the TWO bags worth of change :)

Around 4 years or so ago and then they asked me to get change from the club van (at the time).

Good on the club then another service improvement.

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
absolute bollox, i dont know who you are (or pretending to be) zoo.b zoo but it is about time the club woke up and realised that we the customers are doing you a favour by turning up,

we are pissed of with the crap product you have punted for a large part of this season,

we are pissed of with your stewards forcing us to sit.

we are pissed of with rip off prices for admission and for food and drinks(£1.50 for half a litre of water IMPORTED FROM f***ing TURKEY FOR MAXIMUM PROFIT)

we are pissed of with withdean

we are pissed of with not being able to pay at the gate,and we are pissed of with only being offered the shitiest possible seats when we try to by on-line

WE ARE PISSED OF WITH YOUR EXCUSES

some are pissed of with the no smoking policy

brighton fans are no different from fans everywhere,we have been taken for mugs and wont put up with it any longer

listen to the fans dick knight, the empty seats are calling you
although i'm a steward i do agree with you on some points but a few of them clearly need explaining,
the fa state that all grounds are now seating stadia
the withdean is owned by the council and as all council owned prmesis are no smoking,the fa also state that no oneis allowed to leave the ground and expect readmission. they also state that all league grounds are ticket only and no payment is to made on the gate.
Any clubs that ignore these regulations are fined by the fa and as you know the albion could not afford to pay these fines so we do our best to enforce them.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
At the turnstyles there have been some people 'sneaking' in with Under-16 tickets and even SENIOR CITIZEN tickets (amazing!).

There's a crack-down on this, the operators are now going to be more aware and watchful - and WHEN YOU GET CAUGHT WITH THE WRONG TICKET YOU WILL BE WASTING YOUR MONEY because you will be turned away.
No, you cannot simply come out with an excuse about "a tout who sold you the ticket outside" or that you are taking the place of a family member and didn't realise.

No exceptions - you will not get in, and you will be wasting money and time trying it on.

It IS ripping off the club, and complaints about ticket price don't distract from that.
Identities will be checked, and even those people who look 'close' to the right age, should think about proving they qualify!!

Be warned - and tell anyone you know who thinks they can get away with it because they have done in the past.

Thanks - and well done for the general support today - the atmosphere was excellent today :bowdown:

Oh well.

It looks like we will be playing in front of just 3000 (full fare paying) crowds next season.

:cool:

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
> we are pissed of with the crap product you have punted for a large part of this > season,

On the verge of the play offs, right!

> we are pissed of with your stewards forcing us to sit.

I much prefer to stand but they are within their rights to do so as, unfortunately, it's a ground regulation
>
> we are pissed of with rip off prices for admission and for food and drinks(£1.50 > for half a litre of water IMPORTED FROM f***ing TURKEY FOR MAXIMUM PROFIT)

Why do you think admission prices are so high? Because of the running costs at Withdean and the outlay on getting I agree!

> we are pissed of with withdean

Everyone is. I don't like the lack of atmosphere, getting soaked etc but there was no alternative because of the actions of previous owners. We could, of course, have stayed at Gillingham!

> we are pissed of with not being able to pay at the gate,and we are pissed of > with only being offered the shitiest possible seats when we try to by on-line

Unfortunately it was one of the stipulations when it was agreed that we could play at Withdean that tickets could not be sold on the day at the ground. I agree, it's a pain in the neck and must prevent many people from going. However you can order tickets and pick them up at the ground.

> WE ARE PISSED OF WITH YOUR EXCUSES

Valid reasons, not excuses!

> some are pissed of with the no smoking policy

That's not the fault of the club. Anyway, I think that people must be pretty sad if they can't go a couple of hours without a cigarette!

> brighton fans are no different from fans everywhere,we have been taken for
> mugs and wont put up with it any longer

I put up with things I don't like because I support the team! Sorry if I'm a mug!

> listen to the fans dick knight, the empty seats are calling you

absolute bollox, i dont know who you are (or pretending to be) zoo.b zoo but it is about time the club woke up and realised that we the customers are doing you a favour by turning up,

we are pissed of with the crap product you have punted for a large part of this season,

We are lucky we actually have a product to watch. Not sure where you have been hiding, but we haven't just been storing all our cash under the mattress.

we are pissed of with your stewards forcing us to sit.

So you would prefer to stand up and let the club take a possible fine? Then the so called crap product would be even worse.

we are pissed of with rip off prices for admission and for food and drinks(£1.50 for half a litre of water IMPORTED FROM f***ing TURKEY FOR MAXIMUM PROFIT)

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out to bring your own water does it?

we are pissed of with withdean

I could be wrong, but i think our intentions to move to a new stadium hit abit of a challenge. Pity we couldn't just build a stadium anywhere we felt like it after the Goldstone was ripped from under our feet eh?

we are pissed of with not being able to pay at the gate,and we are pissed of with only being offered the shitiest possible seats when we try to by on-line

Think you need to whinge to the council who imposed the no pay on the gate rule.

some are pissed of with the no smoking policy

Brains of britain you aren't you? Which other ground in the country have you been smoking in huh? Those bastards we have as directors are so cruel to impose this only at Withdean.

brighton fans are no different from fans everywhere,we have been taken for mugs and wont put up with it any longer

I'm a season ticket holder and i don't feel like a mug for trying to do my bit in keeping the club afloat. Maybe you would feel better if the club didn't exist anymore?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I must admit to being guilty of this as whenever we have a midweek game Ben cannot go because of getting home after midnight and with school next day his mother will not allow it. Quite often at the last moment one of my sons has come with me on his ticket and if he had to pay the upgrade woukldnt so gthe seat would be empty. In effect the club are not losing m,oney because Bens ticket is paid for whether he goes or not and my son would not pay any extra.

The scrutiny is that good that on one occassion I handed in my 3 ticket stubs and found that only 2 were ticket stubs the other was trhe stub from the receipt for my season ticket which I had included by mistake genuinely. All 3 of us still got in.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
At the turnstyles there have been some people 'sneaking' in with Under-16 tickets and even SENIOR CITIZEN tickets (amazing!).

There's a crack-down on this, the operators are now going to be more aware and watchful - and WHEN YOU GET CAUGHT WITH THE WRONG TICKET YOU WILL BE WASTING YOUR MONEY because you will be turned away.
No, you cannot simply come out with an excuse about "a tout who sold you the ticket outside" or that you are taking the place of a family member and didn't realise.

No exceptions - you will not get in, and you will be wasting money and time trying it on.

It IS ripping off the club, and complaints about ticket price don't distract from that.

Sorry, but while the club is adding a compulsory Travel Voucher that a large number of people have no use for, and which artificially inflates the price of a ticket by four or five quid, then they get all they deserve.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Sorry, but while the club is adding a compulsory Travel Voucher that a large number of people have no use for, and which artificially inflates the price of a ticket by four or five quid, then they get all they deserve.

I think you have a very good point regarding that.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
What percentage of the average Withdean crowd actually lives within walking distance of the ground I wonder? I wouldn't think it that large. Besides which the club don't do it out of choice, do they?

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Presumably its ok if a child sits in an adult ticket.

I say this because me and 4 other friends have got tickets for next saturdays game against Swindon in the family stand. I got the tickets through a friends mum who works for legal and general (it's a legal and general family day) but it's going to be me and 4 other u16s going along. Is that ok or will I with the adult ticket be turned away as well.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

Nonsense, if the voucher was taken away the ticket price would have to go up.

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
I believe this is not wholly different from train tickets, such as when you have a ticket to Preston Park but actually wish to go to Victoria? Are the transit companies WRONG to insist you hold the correct ticket for your intended destination??

If caught doing that on the Railway you are actually committing an act of fraud and whilst most get away with a Penalty Fare you can actually face a Court Case with a fine of up to £1000 plus costs or even 3 months imprisonment.

Surely doing the same with a match ticket clearly marked as U 16 or Senior is also an act of fraud ?

Simple answer as stated by others upgrade the ticket.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Nonsense, if the voucher was taken away the ticket price would have to go up.

I think the point being made is that some people don't have to use it.

But as the rail companies seem to have given up collecting them, it's quite obvious that they are aren't added up at the end of the day and probably a fixed figure is given to the travel companies in proportion of the gate ?

So it's possible to have "voucher free" tickets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here