Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WARNING to any TICKET CHEATS out there

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Personally I think this is nonsense. My son has season ticket but for some games just can't go. Last season on such games I would normally ask a mate etc to come along and fill the seat. This was fine until this season when they started printed "U16" on every part of the match ticket. Often I don't know until the day of the game who may be able to attend and therefore this season the seat has gone unused.

My view is yes you could argue that the club lose money from me taking and adult on a junior ticket. But the fact is I bet most wouldn't be going anyway, they are just using someones elses tickets. In my case this has meant the seat going unused about four or five times this season. And no I didn't know about the £1 uplift as a possibility until now.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
You can't cheat the petrol prices, the cinema or the supermarket without some kind of controlling entity watching to prevent it - why should a quality business like Brighton and Hove Albion be expected to simply shrug, or not give a hoot??

Sorry, you missed the point i was trying to make.

Ultimately, yes, customers should probably be "id'd" at the ticket office and at the gate.

But there ARE going to be times when kids can't make it and adults go along in there place. Surely giving them the chance to "upgrade" is MUCH more sensible than just turning them away?

Turning fans away is another factor that will inevitably "screw us" when Falmer comes.
:)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
absolute bollox, i dont know who you are (or pretending to be) zoo.b zoo but it is about time the club woke up and realised that we the customers are doing you a favour by turning up,

we are pissed of with the crap product you have punted for a large part of this season,

we are pissed of with your stewards forcing us to sit.

we are pissed of with rip off prices for admission and for food and drinks(£1.50 for half a litre of water IMPORTED FROM f***ing TURKEY FOR MAXIMUM PROFIT)

we are pissed of with withdean

we are pissed of with not being able to pay at the gate,and we are pissed of with only being offered the shitiest possible seats when we try to by on-line

WE ARE PISSED OF WITH YOUR EXCUSES

some are pissed of with the no smoking policy

brighton fans are no different from fans everywhere,we have been taken for mugs and wont put up with it any longer

listen to the fans dick knight, the empty seats are calling you

That'll be the no smoking policy imposed by the football league.

That's actually made me laugh out loud that you think that's something to do with the club. This club were remarkably liberal regarding smoking until this season. You were ALLOWED TO SMOKE IN THE SEATS !

That'll be the no pay on the gate policy that's part of the deal with council that allows to play at Withdean.

That'll be the sitting policy that's imposed at every football ground in the country.

.. and if you got a problem with the price of water, I'd take that up with the private catering company.

Last edited:

At no point have I even suggested the Albion are a charity. I just think that it would make a LOT more sense for those who've tried to 'cheat' to be forced into paying the correct price, rather than being turned away completely. Not so ridiculous? I think the club are right to act, but not in such a damning manner.

Not sure how you've established I'm thick from that - I can only assume it's because I dare to question your constant online masturbation over Adam El-abd.

:tosser:

Withdean Wanderer, it looks as though the club DO allow people to PAY THE EXTRA (you ARE thick y'know, but how do thick people get to know they are thick unless they are told?).
AGAIN - THEY DO ALLOW YOU TO PAY EXTRA!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Elland Road now has smart ticket readers because too many fans were going in on concession tickets. Hundreds of 40-50 year olds were geting in with OAP tickets and likewise 18-25 year olds getting in with children tickets , until it was pointed out to Mr Bates the amount of potential revenue the club was losing.

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
Touched a raw nerve have we :lol:

i just think the club needs to recognise that football attendances generally are entering an attendance slump,that fans are turning away from the game(the season ticket price structure just announced is not what we were expecting)and that D.K. should think carefully before he drives more fans away.

and £1.50 for a bottle of turkish water would make any nerve raw

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Withdean Wanderer, it looks as though the club DO allow people to PAY THE EXTRA (you ARE thick y'know, but how do thick people get to know they are thick unless they are told?).
AGAIN - THEY DO ALLOW YOU TO PAY EXTRA!

This:

"and WHEN YOU GET CAUGHT WITH THE WRONG TICKET YOU WILL BE WASTING YOUR MONEY because you will be turned away.
No, you cannot simply come out with an excuse about "a tout who sold you the ticket outside" or that you are taking the place of a family member and didn't realise."

..would suggest that that is not the case.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
i just think the club needs to recognise that football attendances generally are entering an attendance slump,that fans are turning away from the game(the season ticket price structure just announced is not what we were expecting)and that D.K. should think carefully before he drives more fans away.

Don't buy it, bring your own.

I think they got the ticket pricing with greatly reduced prices for youngsters absolutely spot on.

This:

"and WHEN YOU GET CAUGHT WITH THE WRONG TICKET YOU WILL BE WASTING YOUR MONEY because you will be turned away.
No, you cannot simply come out with an excuse about "a tout who sold you the ticket outside" or that you are taking the place of a family member and didn't realise."

..would suggest that that is not the case.

I read it that you can pay to upgrade your ticket; but you have to do this at the ticket office (not on the gate). Anyone attempting to get in on a child ticket at the gate will be turned away.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I read it that you can pay to upgrade your ticket; but you have to do this at the ticket office (not on the gate). Anyone attempting to get in on a child ticket at the gate will be turned away.

Or ring the ticket office up and upgrade it over the phone.

They'll be a new ticket waiting at Withdean, I've done it a few times over the years.

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
Don't buy it, bring your own.

I think they got the ticket pricing with greatly reduced prices for youngsters absolutely spot on.

i suggest next years reduced season ticket take up(and it has been going down year by year as capacity has grown) will prove your opinion wrong.

your blind faith in the club,and all it's policys, is admirable.unfortunately you are in a declining minority, the club is struggling to fill 2/3rds of the ground.next season could be worse

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Actually no ... it's the law, not the FL regulations that prevent smoking in the toilets.

Well spotted, I can't believe something is complaining about things out of the clubs control.

They'll be moaning about ponchos next.

I had a great day out today - really enjoyed the game and had a very pleasant bacon baguette before the game.

At half time heard this huge commotion regarding ponchos.

Would I be wrong in assuming that the same people shouting at the stewards regarding ponchos sit in H block ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Why not fecking well buy one in at Tescos and take it to the game ?

FFS there is an option to this issue which is plain and simple

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
i suggest next years reduced season ticket take up(and it has been going down year by year as capacity has grown) will prove your opinion wrong.

your blind faith in the club,and all it's policys, is admirable.unfortunately you are in a declining minority, the club is struggling to fill 2/3rds of the ground.next season could be worse

Blind Faith ? Pack it in, you don't even know me or any of my views regarding the club.

Do what I do - if you got a real problem write to club, I've done it a few times and have had things CHANGED.

..and come up with some better arguments rather than complaining about things that have nothing to do with the club.

.. like the "smoking policy", or the "sitting policy", or the "paying on the gate policy"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here