Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WARNING to any TICKET CHEATS out there

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
At the turnstyles there have been some people 'sneaking' in with Under-16 tickets and even SENIOR CITIZEN tickets (amazing!).

There's a crack-down on this, the operators are now going to be more aware and watchful - and WHEN YOU GET CAUGHT WITH THE WRONG TICKET YOU WILL BE WASTING YOUR MONEY because you will be turned away.
No, you cannot simply come out with an excuse about "a tout who sold you the ticket outside" or that you are taking the place of a family member and didn't realise.

No exceptions - you will not get in, and you will be wasting money and time trying it on.

It IS ripping off the club, and complaints about ticket price don't distract from that.
Identities will be checked, and even those people who look 'close' to the right age, should think about proving they qualify!!

Be warned - and tell anyone you know who thinks they can get away with it because they have done in the past.

Thanks - and well done for the general support today - the atmosphere was excellent today :bowdown:

If you are connected to the club who are you ? If thats an official warning state who you are.

Sorry, you missed the point i was trying to make.

Ultimately, yes, customers should probably be "id'd" at the ticket office and at the gate.

But there ARE going to be times when kids can't make it and adults go along in there place. Surely giving them the chance to "upgrade" is MUCH more sensible than just turning them away?

Turning fans away is another factor that will inevitably "screw us" when Falmer comes.
:)

Well, I'll try and put it more delicately than NMH has done, if you don't mind - but the prices are there for a reason, and concessions are made to fit the generally recognised budget for those who they are designed for.
The tickets are not printed so that those who they DON'T apply to, can treat it as a little game to see if they can try skirting the prices - and if they then fail they can always just pop over and pay the correct amount!
I think that's what your suggestion would certainly encourage.

Why not just try climbing the gate to get in for free, and if you fail, then you can pay the correct price?
It's as fundamental to any business, that they don't actively encourage cheating, that they don't turn a blind eye to people who want to not exchange the financial renumeration for the 'product'.

The ranting my "who me?" I'm afraid has little bearing or sensibility to this thread. If anyone thinks BHA is "crap product", that they don't believe we should enforce LEAGUE RULES about seating (especially in the sensitive and downright lucky Withdean-in-Brighton-stadium!), that they found the water comes from another EEC country, that the salt on the chips is from Africa, that the tickets are controlled so that supporters can just turn up unaccounted-for and possibly run amok, that smoking is no longer allowed inside pubs, clubs, cinemas, zoos.....and football grounds - just cannot understand that Brighton fans are indeed "no different from fans everywhere".

Sadly, just the responsibility of crowd control, and crowd security, and crowd well-being, and crowd safety - puts stewards up as what-some-see-as an authority to rail against and bemoan. Some will never see the sense behind our necessity, and nothing will ever placate them.
Such people can't be helped. :rant: :shrug:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
absolute bollox, i dont know who you are (or pretending to be) zoo.b zoo but it is about time the club woke up and realised that we the customers are doing you a favour by turning up,

we are pissed of with the crap product you have punted for a large part of this season,

we are pissed of with your stewards forcing us to sit.

we are pissed of with rip off prices for admission and for food and drinks(£1.50 for half a litre of water IMPORTED FROM f***ing TURKEY FOR MAXIMUM PROFIT)

we are pissed of with withdean

we are pissed of with not being able to pay at the gate,and we are pissed of with only being offered the shitiest possible seats when we try to by on-line

WE ARE PISSED OF WITH YOUR EXCUSES

some are pissed of with the no smoking policy

brighton fans are no different from fans everywhere,we have been taken for mugs and wont put up with it any longer

listen to the fans dick knight, the empty seats are calling you

Piss off then. :lolol:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Don't buy it, bring your own.

I think they got the ticket pricing with greatly reduced prices for youngsters absolutely spot on.

maybe we should bring our own chips.

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
smoking is not an issue for me,i gave up 8 years ago.the fan base decline is an issue for all of us.

the club can't afford to drive away any more fans and it is about time D.K.recognised that to be a fact

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Well, I'll try and put it more delicately than NMH has done, if you don't mind - but the prices are there for a reason, and concessions are made to fit the generally recognised budget for those who they are designed for.
The tickets are not printed so that those who they DON'T apply to, can treat it as a little game to see if they can try skirting the prices - and if they then fail they can always just pop over and pay the correct amount!

Why not just try climbing the gate to get in for free, and if you fail, then you can pay the correct price?
It's as fundamental to any business, that they don't actively encourage cheating, that they don't turn a blind eye to people who want to not exchange the financial renumeration for the 'product'.

The ranting my "who me?" I'm afraid has little bearing or sensibility to this thread. If anyone thinks BHA is "crap product", that they don't believe we should enforce LEAGUE RULES about seating (especially in the sensitive and downright lucky Withdean-in-Brighton-stadium!), that they found the water comes from another EEC country, that the salt on the chips is from Africa, that the tickets are controlled so that supporters can just turn up unaccounted-for and possibly run amok, that smoking is no longer allowed inside pubs, clubs, cinemas, zoos.....and football grounds - just cannot understand that Brighton fans are indeed "no different from fans everywhere".

Sadly, just the responsibility of crowd control, and crowd security, and crowd well-being, and crowd safety - puts stewards up as what-some-see-as an authority to rail against and bemoan. Some will never see the sense behind our necessity, and nothing will ever placate them.

Jobs worth.........

This:

"and WHEN YOU GET CAUGHT WITH THE WRONG TICKET YOU WILL BE WASTING YOUR MONEY because you will be turned away.
No, you cannot simply come out with an excuse about "a tout who sold you the ticket outside" or that you are taking the place of a family member and didn't realise."

..would suggest that that is not the case.

Again, in case this is still confusing - TRYING to get in with a ticket that is not correct, is not a game to attempt first, and if you fail you get to pay the correct amount. You MAY excess an Under-16 ticket BEFORE you approach the turnstyles.

I believe this is not wholly different from train tickets, such as when you have a ticket to Preston Park but actually wish to go to Victoria? Are the transit companies WRONG to insist you hold the correct ticket for your intended destination??

who me?

Jan 12, 2007

thats o/k then you just sit in silence in your nice controlled sterile stadium with about 3,400 fans watching the moss grow on your neighbouring seat block bemoaning the lack of fans and the lack of atmosphere.

football attendances are in decline and that decline will accelerate in the coming recession but you obviously are not interested in halting that decline

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
thats o/k then you just sit in silence in your nice controlled sterile stadium with about 3,400 fans watching the moss grow on your neighbouring seat block bemoaning the lack of fans and the lack of atmosphere.

football attendances are in decline and that decline will accelerate in the coming recession but you obviously are not interested in halting that decline

You are made to sit in silence ?

If you are connected to the club who are you ? If thats an official warning state who you are.

This is not an "official warning", if that helps :lolol:

Here's another warning; don't send your bank details to Mr Umbopo Angepan from Mozambique - he says he chooses you for your wonderful honesty and good record so he can transfer 79million in funds to your safekeeping, but he is lying.
That's not official either.

Blind Faith ? Pack it in, you don't even know me or any of my views regarding the club.

Do what I do - if you got a real problem write to club, I've done it a few times and have had things CHANGED.

..and come up with some better arguments rather than complaining about things that have nothing to do with the club.

.. like the "smoking policy", or the "sitting policy", or the "paying on the gate policy"

That's the way I see it - seems pretty SIMPLE to me, but then like Mr (or Ms) 'Zoo' says; some people can't be helped! :laugh:

Here's another warning; don't send your bank details to Mr Umbopo Angepan from Mozambique - he says he chooses you for your wonderful honesty and good record so he can transfer 79million in funds to your safekeeping, but he is lying.

Shit! I wish you'd let me know BEFORE my savings-account got drained! :cry:

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
That's the way I see it - seems pretty SIMPLE to me, but then like Mr (or Ms) 'Zoo' says; some people can't be helped! :laugh:

or football clubs......WAKE UP AND SMELL THE EMPTY SEATS BHAFC

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
F*** off you load of freeloaders. How dare you come on here trying to justify ripping the club and other fans off with your self-justification for not-paying bollocks. Same arguments used by fare-dodgers and shop-lifters, many of whom you hypocritically argue are what's wrong with our society in other thread discussions. You might of done this when you were young too, but it doesn't make it right and if you get caught expect to take the punishment. Jesus, I don't like paying my mortgage but that doesn't mean I shouldn't pay it. If I don't want to live in a house, it's my choice not to buy one. But I can't cry to the building society that their rates are too expensive and they should subsidise my other lifestyle choices.

Pay up or or don't come. It's theft. Simple. Zero tolerance.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
or football clubs......WAKE UP AND SMELL THE EMPTY SEATS BHAFC

So you think the way to get more people in is

1) Let them stand

2) Let them smoke

3) Let adults enter with child tickets

4) Reduce the price of bottled water (and make sure it's good old English water)

.. any other good ideas ?

Quite simply the reason people don't come is they get wet and the prices are high (for the standard of football) and you can't pay on the gate but has little to do with the above.

We can't change the pay on the gate thing and the club aren't allowed to build a roof.

However - I think the clubs idea to greatly reduce ticket prices greatly for youngsters is a brave decision financially and going forward the right thing to do.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

So you are not connected to the club...................

Right I am happy to send my details to Mr Umbopo then.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003

Stop arguing with Zoo B Zoo. He or she's clearly of a far higher intellect than you because frankly your quips in reply are just so partially-imbalanced, it's embarrassing. Go and do your homework. You'll get a better job and better pay. And then you can stop stealing from the club who gives you a concession to begin with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here