Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WARNING to any TICKET CHEATS out there

Aren't season tickets technically non-transferrable?
Of course the club would not enforce this rule, but would expect that supporters make an effort to upgrade their ticket if they were not in the correct age bracket. I would have thought the extra amount charged would be decided as if the ticket was on a match by match basis. Of course that is my opinion and I could be completely wrong.
I could not imagine that the club have authorised the original poster's "warning" on here, assuming that he/she is an employee of the club and would probably not be best pleased that it has been "delivered" in such a way.

Turnstyle operators cannot exchange or upgrade tickets, stewards are not trained in ticket pricing or re-pricing.

Carrying the correct ticket as you enter the turnstyle requires that it be valid for the day, for the area where your seat is, and that any concession that ticket has allowed actually applies to the holder. IF anyone has a ticket from another source and it doesn't apply for you - you have every opportunity to try and have it upgraded before you produce it at the turnstyle.

Any turnstyle operator has the authority to require and insist that correct tickets be produced to entitle entry!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Turnstyle operators cannot exchange or upgrade tickets, stewards are not trained in ticket pricing or re-pricing.

Carrying the correct ticket as you enter the turnstyle requires that it be valid for the day, for the area where your seat is, and that any concession that ticket has allowed actually applies to the holder. IF anyone has a ticket from another source and it doesn't apply for you - you have every opportunity to try and have it upgraded before you produce it at the turnstyle.

Any turnstyle operator has the authority to require and insist that correct tickets be produced to entitle entry!

Please. No more. It's TURNSTILE :dunce:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
the turnstyle operators dont always pay attention to the tickets.

Because i never use the travel voucher, and it is the last bit on the end of the ticket, that is what they rip off, so TWICE this season, i have got in with just the travel voucher.

most of the time they rip the 2 bits off, like they should!

To those who claim they are doing the club a favour by paying anything short of the correct ticket - in *my opinion* this is tantamount to going to Woolworths and buying three items and acquiring another one without paying for it.
As a business, Woolworths are not going to sanction this activity because you feel you've done them a favour by buying three items at the asking price!

Sorry, it's a cold hard world out there, and rotten that society has to have any organisation whatsoever. You may notice that, in these times several football clubs have faced extinction and financial ruin, some (3 in our division) have point deductions due to financial mismanagements. From what I heard - Brighton have been overseen carefully and more wisely than many! Still only just scraping through all the tribulations involved after losing our Goldstone Ground.
Does that mean that the club should accept and encourage ticket cheating because it 'needs supporters'?
Drop ticket organisation and turn a blind eye while increasing numbers of men and women present child tickets - because they need any revenue? (as do Woolworths I imagine)

If you buy tickets at regular asking price then I can't see any reason why you'd be bothered, except to agree that everyone else should.
This is unofficial, and just my opinion.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
To those who claim they are doing the club a favour by paying anything short of the correct ticket - in *my opinion* this is tantamount to going to Woolworths and buying three items and acquiring another one without paying for it.
As a business, Woolworths are not going to sanction this activity because you feel you've done them a favour by buying three items at the asking price!

Sorry, it's a cold hard world out there, and rotten that society has to have any organisation whatsoever. You may notice that, in these times several football clubs have faced extinction and financial ruin, some (3 in our division) have point deductions due to financial mismanagements. From what I heard - Brighton have been overseen carefully and more wisely than many! Still only just scraping through all the tribulations involved after losing our Goldstone Ground.
Does that mean that the club should accept and encourage ticket cheating because it 'needs supporters'?
Drop ticket organisation and turn a blind eye while increasing numbers of men and women present child tickets - because they need any revenue? (as do Woolworths I imagine)

If you buy tickets at regular asking price then I can't see any reason why you'd be bothered, except to agree that everyone else should.
This is unofficial, and just my opinion.

In the past i have used both OAP and under 16 tickets in one season as family members couldn't attend due to other commitments, is that so wrong?

On another note in the years when games were sold out at withdean a couple of people i know handed over part of a travel voucher and a fiver and the turnstYle operator kindly let them in. I always pay full price now but can see why so many 17 or 18 year olds at college could be tempted as £24 a game is alot for them to afford. Maybe with the under 21's this may improve.

Jan 30, 2008
At the turnstyles there have been some people 'sneaking' in with Under-16 tickets and even SENIOR CITIZEN tickets (amazing!).

There's a crack-down on this, the operators are now going to be more aware and watchful - and WHEN YOU GET CAUGHT WITH THE WRONG TICKET YOU WILL BE WASTING YOUR MONEY because you will be turned away.
No, you cannot simply come out with an excuse about "a tout who sold you the ticket outside" or that you are taking the place of a family member and didn't realise.

No exceptions - you will not get in, and you will be wasting money and time trying it on.

It IS ripping off the club, and complaints about ticket price don't distract from that.
Identities will be checked, and even those people who look 'close' to the right age, should think about proving they qualify!!

Be warned - and tell anyone you know who thinks they can get away with it because they have done in the past.

Thanks - and well done for the general support today - the atmosphere was excellent today :bowdown:
:bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla:::best bit of comedy in a while:laugh::laugh::laugh::

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I always pay full price now but can see why so many 17 or 18 year olds at college could be tempted as £24 a game is alot for them to afford. .

The student price is only £17, so if they are paying £24, they're probably not bright enough for college anyway.

In the past i have used both OAP and under 16 tickets in one season as family members couldn't attend due to other commitments, is that so wrong?

Would you do it on a train or a bus?

Maybe the only difference is that people think they can get away with it at Withdean, but not on (say) a train. In which case, clamping down on it seems the best way to go reducing it.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Surely, all they've got to do is tell the person trying to sneak in to go to the ticket booth and get their ticket updated?!

A stamp on the ticket proves they've paid the excess, job done. But don't bar them out-right. At least give them the opportunity to do the right thing.

Would you do it on a train or a bus?

Maybe the only difference is that people think they can get away with it at Withdean, but not on (say) a train. In which case, clamping down on it seems the best way to go reducing it.

Passing a season ticket to someone else is not about "getting away with it". It's about paying upfront for several people to attend games and not wanting to see a ticket go to waste.

I'm sure that this happens at least once a season, often more frequently, in most familes where there are multiple season ticket holders.

Roz didn't go to the Donny game on Saturday. The ticket was used by her son.

But "we got away with it". PHEW.

All that is needed is for the Club to publish the conditions that apply when this sort of thing happens.

Like Manchester City do:-

"What if a reduced price Seasoncard holder is not able to attend a game and I wish to bring someone else?

"To gain access to the Stadium the Seasoncard will need to be upgraded to an adult. This can be done by calling 0870 062 1894 (option 2) or at the Box Office. To protect the family atmosphere, Junior Seasoncards (under 16s) in the Family Stand can be upgraded to an adult for any evening game and a maximum of one weekend fixture. A Junior Seasoncard holder in any other part of the Stadium can be upgraded any number of times in a season".

[The Seasoncard is the smart card season ticket]

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
Illlogicallity is not a word, Turkey is in the EEC, Asia starts with a big 'A'.

Other than that - you still talk out of your arse :thumbsup:
quick georgraphy lesson you fool

Istanbul(big town in turkey) is caled the gateway to the east because it is a city split by a big bit of water. one side of the city is in europe the other bit is in asia- or f***ing Asia if you wish to be pedantic.

still how can we expect you to get anything right,you went to see the second nights pink floyd gig at the dome on a day they were playing portsmouth(they only played one night you lying goon)

quick cut and paste job from wikipidia follows

Capital Ankara
39°55'48.00′N, 32°50′E
Largest city Istanbul

A graphical timeline is available here:
History of the Republic of Turkey
Turkey (Turkish: Türkiye), known officially as the Republic of Turkey (Türkiye Cumhuriyeti (help·info)), is a Eurasian country that stretches across the Anatolian peninsula in western Asia and Thrace (Rumelia) in the Balkan region of southeastern Europe. Turkey borders eight countries: Bulgaria to the northwest; Greece to the west, Georgia to the northeast; Armenia, Azerbaijan (the exclave of Nakhichevan), and Iran to the east; and Iraq and Syria to the southeast. The Mediterranean Sea and Cyprus are to the south; the Aegean Sea and Archipelago are to the west; and the Black Sea is to the north. Separating Anatolia and Thrace are the Sea of Marmara and the Turkish Straits (the Bosporus and the Dardanelles), which are commonly reckoned to delineate the border between Asia and Europe, thereby making Turkey transcontinental.[5]

Due to its strategic location astride two continents, Turkey's culture has a unique blend of Eastern and Western tradition. A

Last edited:

LB, I appreciate that the club need to make it clearer what the conditions are surrounding upgrading tickets. But most people on this thread have not said 'Oh I didn't know you could upgrade tickets' they have said 'what's the harm in sneaking in on a cheap ticket'. The harm is that you are denying the football club of much-needed revenue.

The opening post did not even specifically refer to season tickets; this suggests that some people (I'd guess a very small minority) are deliberately buying under-priced tickets.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
(ps my son's friend is U16 and sometimes uses my wife's (21 - 65) ticket - can I claim a refund?)

LOL.. first thing i thought of too... Personally i wouldn't want to claim the refund and I would be happy to leave it in the club, but i suppose it makes a mockery of swings and roundabouts when the scenario is reversed, but i understand the need for the club to demand an appropriate fee for an adult by law (and the profit and loss account)

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
And it's going to be further complicated by U21 and U16 season tickets next season - and financially more significant because of the substantial discounts on offer for youths and kids.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Don't have time to read the whole thread unfortunately, but just out of interest - has the club actually sanctioned someone to address NSC on their behalf in an illiterate, patronisingly confrontational kinda way, or is this an elaborate hoax?

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Don't have time to read the whole thread unfortunately, but just out of interest - has the club actually sanctioned someone to address NSC on their behalf in an illiterate, patronisingly confrontational kinda way, or is this an elaborate hoax?

It sounds like a jobsworth steward who has taken it upon himself to address a large number of Albion fans as the unofficial voice of the club.

I'm sure the club will be thrilled with his delivery when they come across this thread.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

My money is on a hoax. He doesn't even know what age the OAP concessions start at.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here