Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente Still Not in Full Training?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As has already been mentioned on here results were not brilliant when he was in the team. Unbelievable to watch when he turned it on but do we really need him now?

Genuine question.

Well if he was fit he'd be the 1st name on the team sheet. Given the football we try and play I can't believe that he's not gagging to play. Weird one

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
" It would be perfect for him to play but it would have to be a nice one. We don't want to send him anywhere where it's going to be an ugly Monday night, raining and cold. I don't think he would like that."

And that my friends says it all.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
" It would be perfect for him to play but it would have to be a nice one. We don't want to send him anywhere where it's going to be an ugly Monday night, raining and cold. I don't think he would like that."

How do you interpret that ?

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton

Spot on. I was about to quote the same couple of sentences. Seriously what is so wrong with Vicente? Because It certainly isn't all physical.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Its an uncomfortable quote that, for sure. Those are Poyet's words rather than Vicente's though, in fairness.

The reality is though, that there is truth in what Gus says - that it really would have to be the right reserve game, for the pros of Vicente playing, to outweigh the cons.
Imagine the reaction on here if the guy gets fit finally, then gets himself injured in a match on a crappy cabbage patch of a training pitch somewhere.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
How do you interpret that ?

That he (Vicente) decides where he wants to play at times. That is ok if he is not fit then he would tell the medical team how he feels but if he is ready to go then Gus should decide. I think that much is obvious now. Another thing that is equally obvious is how good a player he is and this is what makes this a trickier situation than if he was just an ordinary talent.

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
In reality these days Clubs do not play on Crappy pitches . Most clubs use decent non league facilities where available or their own training pitches

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
That he (Vicente) decides where he wants to play at times. That is ok if he is not fit then he would tell the medical team how he feels but if he is ready to go then Gus should decide. I think that much is obvious now. Another thing that is equally obvious is how good a player he is and this is what makes this a trickier situation than if he was just an ordinary talent.

i agree to an extent , i think he decides where and when and what he wants to do

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Its an uncomfortable quote that, for sure. Those are Poyet's words rather than Vicente's though, in fairness.

The reality is though, that there is truth in what Gus says - that it really would have to be the right reserve game, for the pros of Vicente playing, to outweigh the cons.
Imagine the reaction on here if the guy gets fit finally, then gets himself injured in a match on a crappy cabbage patch of a training pitch somewhere.

Fair point Hansy. Maybe we should wait until April when then warmer nights come. This is the reality of English football and if the guy needs match fitness then he needs to play.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Like a tinpot nothing match at lower league Swindon?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Vicente might change his mind with a midweek cup replay at Anfield , Old Trafford , St James's Park etc :lol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Luxury player that we can afford to have this season. He will put us under his spell again, I can wait

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Luxury player that we can afford to have this season. He will put us under his spell again, I can wait

He will not be here next season I suspect so it would be nice to see something from him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here