Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente Still Not in Full Training?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Well the reason why not is that if we terminate his contract, we have to pay him anyway.

Best keep him on the books, you never know, he may well be the genius who gets us promotion.
I don't know details of his contract someone previous on this thread said he is Pay per Play so I doubt it would cost much to terminate the contract.

Totally agree about his genius but investment would be best spent on new legs which work. I know it's harsh and probably unpopular but this saga is fast becoming a farce.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't know details of his contract someone previous on this thread said he is Pay per Play so I doubt it would cost much to terminate the contract.

Totally agree about his genius but investment would be best spent on new legs which work. I know it's harsh and probably unpopular but this saga is fast becoming a farce.

Well OK, but the thing is that it costs the same to terminate his contract as to keep him. So why not keep him ? :shrug:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
If by playing a few more games then I predicted he would, makes me look utterly stupid then fair enough. I look forward to March when he reappears for another cameo performance. People just won't admit a few flashes of genius is just not worth the hassle that comes with this guy. He didn't want to come back and we rightly enforced the clause to keep him after all the effort to get him fit and playing. Now we are seeing the effect of enforcing that clause.

A few? You said he would play zero times. He has actually played 21! A few? :lol:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
A few? You said he would play zero times. He has actually played 21! A few? :lol:

Played or appeared in?...Look you can all argue the f***ing toss all night long. The bloke is taking the piss, a few saw it, a few more are starting to see it and the rest of you are too blind by wanking so much over him to see anything.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Played or appeared in?...Look you can all argue the f***ing toss all night long. The bloke is taking the piss, a few saw it, a few more are starting to see it and the rest of you are too blind by wanking so much over him to see anything.

Top ranting sir :bowdown:

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

I enjoy wanking over him. And I will continue to do so.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

You said he wouldn't start 10 games from February and he did. You are so predjudiced that any rant you post is completely disregarded by most.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

Whats the difference between playing and appearing in a match then? I always assumed they were exactly the same thing. :lol:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Whats the difference between playing and appearing in a match then? I always assumed they were exactly the same thing. :lol:

You quite right, they are but by saying he played in 21 games, while being factually correct. Doesn't really tell the whole story does it. It is however a very good spin, to make your point, I will give you that.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

You are hilarious.

A player whose career was pretty much on the rocks due to injury, came to our club and after some intense treatment and training played in a number of games.

At what point did you see that he was taking the piss? When he took a long time to get back to fitness? Just to be clear, this is the same player who made more appearances in his first season with us than he managed in either of his last two seasons at Valencia.

You frequently manipulate his playing stats to try and suit your view. You make out that he is faking injury.

The thing is, YOU DON'T ACTUALLY KNOW.

Your constant whining about Vicente is a joke.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
You are hilarious.

A player whose career was pretty much on the rocks due to injury, came to our club and after some intense treatment and training played in a number of games.

At what point did you see that he was taking the piss? When he took a long time to get back to fitness? Just to be clear, this is the same player who made more appearances in his first season with us than he managed in either of his last two seasons at Valencia.

You frequently manipulate his playing stats to try and suit your view. You make out that he is faking injury.

The thing is, YOU DON'T ACTUALLY KNOW.

Your constant whining about Vicente is a joke.

This. I will be delighted to see Vicente play for us again - when he is back to fitness (and he will be). Same as any player who has a niggling longterm injury.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Watching him last season was poetry in motion. I don't care if we only get 10 more games out of him - It'll be worth it just to see him grace the stripes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here