Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente Still Not in Full Training?

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Always amazes me how much the people of NSC read so much into the smallest quotes. If you were out for a month and a half and had to make a comeback game in the reserves, you wouldn't want that game to be on a heavy waterlogged pitch which could aggravate the injury and be out for a longer time. GET A GRIP.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
We don't want to send him anywhere where it's going to be an ugly Monday night, raining and cold. I don't think he would like that.

I am going to have a word with my boss and see if I can arrange to only work on days when there is sunshine, I do not really like getting up and going to work on rainy, cold days. Mondays in particular I do not really like. I will get back to you all after my meeting and tell you how I get on.

Well, how did you get on? I can't believe it was a long meeting.

If you've got the same talent in your workplace as Vicente has at his then I'm sure your boss has given you Fridays off as well....

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I have no idea why people get so worked up about it, and then spout their usually poisonous opinion.

He's a brilliant player who is injured. Unless you happen to be a member of the Albion medical staff or management team, you probably have absolutely no idea what is going on.U

Of course people can always say that he doesn't contribute much anyway by taking his playing stats out of context.... Oh they have ....loads of times

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I have no idea why people get so worked up about it, and then spout their usually poisonous opinion.

He's a brilliant player who is injured. Unless you happen to be a member of the Albion medical staff or management team, you probably have absolutely no idea what is going on.U

Of course people can always say that he doesn't contribute much anyway by taking his playing stats out of context.... Oh they have ....loads of times

Half the problem is that a load of posters (*cough* kevtherev *cough*) made themselves look utterly stupid over Vicente last season they are desperate for anything that may offer some redemption to the humiliation they suffered.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Always amazes me how much the people of NSC read so much into the smallest quotes. If you were out for a month and a half and had to make a comeback game in the reserves, you wouldn't want that game to be on a heavy waterlogged pitch which could aggravate the injury and be out for a longer time. GET A GRIP.

Or get kicked by some clumsy clogger.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

Problem is it is nearly November now and he was out most of last season. He didn't want to stay and we didn't seem to win many when he did play.

But like you I think he is excellent and if he stays fit until the end of the season and performs well nobody on here will moan.... But.....

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010

You are absolutely correct.

Why introduce a player recovering from injury into a match when, if it is cold and wet, the circumstances are almost guaranteed to aggravate whatever condition.

It is absolutely nothing to do with anything other than 'common sense' .

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
You are absolutely correct.

Why introduce a player recovering from injury into a match when, if it is cold and wet, the circumstances are almost guaranteed to aggravate whatever condition.

It is absolutely nothing to do with anything other than 'common sense' .

Spot on. The fact of it is, playing in cold conditions after an injury will just make affected areas "tighter" and aggravate further. Which, hence Poyets quote, Vicente wouldn't be happy with.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
If he's on Pay and Display he's not earning much. Christmas is coming and with it the associated expenses. So he probably needs to be making us dig out new adjectives soon. :thumbsup:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Doesn't matter no one will be able to get the ball off of the world beater Winifred Zaha.

True. We might as well not turn up on December 1st - unless he misses the match due to being carded for diving, I guess.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I said this last season and I'm going to repeat myself yet again. I think we will have to be patient on seeing Vicente back in the Stripes. But we have more cover in Midfield now then last season, so it is not a big deal that he isn't in full Training yet.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Let's just save on the endless threads and the will he won't he and just terminate his contract and concentrate on fit players who will benefit the sqaud. We are doing fine without him. I agree with a previous post give Dobbie a run out in the attacking midfield role.

Sounds harsh but I am now officially bored.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Just watched the press conference on Seagulls Player and I don't understand why you are all negative? Poyet sounded more positive on the matter than he has for ages! It's just Naylor (who appears to have some kind of personal gain by slating Vicente) who is making it sound all doom and gloom.

The quote about not wanting to play on a cold Monday night is all light hearted and followed by laughs.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Half the problem is that a load of posters (*cough* kevtherev *cough*) made themselves look utterly stupid over Vicente last season they are desperate for anything that may offer some redemption to the humiliation they suffered.

If by playing a few more games then I predicted he would, makes me look utterly stupid then fair enough. I look forward to March when he reappears for another cameo performance. People just won't admit a few flashes of genius is just not worth the hassle that comes with this guy. He didn't want to come back and we rightly enforced the clause to keep him after all the effort to get him fit and playing. Now we are seeing the effect of enforcing that clause.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Let's just save on the endless threads and the will he won't he and just terminate his contract and concentrate on fit players who will benefit the sqaud. We are doing fine without him. I agree with a previous post give Dobbie a run out in the attacking midfield role.

Sounds harsh but I am now officially bored.

Well the reason why not is that if we terminate his contract, we have to pay him anyway.

Best keep him on the books, you never know, he may well be the genius who gets us promotion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here